Thread: Nokia E63 Hanging problem

im_bhatt is offline Junior Member
    Mar 2009

Arrow Nokia E63 Hanging problem

I have purchased Nokia E63 from CROMA Retail Ahmedabad on 15-02-09, on very first day I found my menu button is not responding properly. I switched off the phone and restart it, this time it is working properly.

0n 16th Feb the same issue arise with switch off button. Then I went to Orbit(Nokia Care) Ahmedabad Centre. He did something and problem is resolved.

On 18th Feb, I have faced same problem, menu button was not responding. I switch off the set and restart it. Again it starts working smoothly.

Till Date problem is not resloved, I have submitted my set three times to nokia care.

Now they still want one more time for repair.

Please suggest.

Please find the mail exchanges

To: CSD Himalaya
    Cc: im_bhatt ; Shailendrasingh Rajput
    Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:35 AM

Kind Attn: Mr. Jaiswal

Dear Jaiswal,

As per our discussion on 23 Mar 09, you have requested for two days to resolve the issue. And as per your assurance to come back with a solution.

Still there is no response from Croma Retail. Please give me the final ans.

Rgds.

Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:59 PM

Dear Shailedra,

Kindly reply with update.

STOVEC INDUSTRIES. LTD.
    Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:53 AM

Dear Shailedra,

Thanks for the reply. As per our yesterday discussusion, kindly resolve the issue at earliest. Kindly go through the my previous attachment or the link fwd to you.
    You will come to know that this is the bug in the phone itself. Please pressurize the nokia guy to refund the amount or amount adjustment.

As discussed if CROMA is not able to resolve the problem, please let me know. I have already in touched with the Consumer Forum Guy. He suggested to give some time to retail partner.

Waiting for the response.

From: Shailendrasingh Rajput
    To: SanjayBhatt
    Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 7:10 PM
    Subject: FW: Nokia - Sanjay Bhatt - E63 Service Functionality

As I already personally talk with Mr.Jayant & with Mr.Sanjay (Orbit) to shortlist your issue as soon as possible. We are trying our best efforts to solve your problem. I requested you to provide some time to them so that they will find the final solution for the same.

Shailendrasingh Rajput

ADM - CROMA,

Himalaya,Ahmedabad

From: SanjayBhatt [mailto:sanjay_bhatt@stovec.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:17 AM
    Cc: CSD Himalaya; jayant.panwar@hcl.in

Dear Shailendra,

Any Update. Please revert.

Manager IT

From: Shailendrasingh Rajput

To: jayant.panwar@hcl.in

Cc: SanjayBhatt ; CSD Himalaya

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 1:32 PM

Subject: Re: Nokia - Sanjay Bhatt - E63 Service Functionality

This is in reference of the trail mail that Mr.Sanjay Bhatt is a regular customer of Croma & preferred to purchase any product from Croma only. He purchased & preferred Nokia Mobile Phone E63 on Dt.15.02.2009 as per invoice no.103-124204 (IMEI No.:-359319020231552), since he is facing the problem of Menu Hanging while the problem was not being shortlisted.

You are humbly requested to look in this issue & guide the proper way to resolve the pending issue. Nokia care centers are also not able to provide the proper services.

Kindly do the needful for the same as soon as possible so that we will not loose our valuable customer. Looking for your favorable reply.

Shailendrasingh Rajput

ADM - CROMA,

Himalaya,Ahmedabad

From: sanjay bhatt [mailto:im_bhatt@yahoo.com]
    Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 3:44 PM
    Cc: Stovec; support.services@nokia.com
    Subject: Fw: Re: Nokia - Sanjay Bhatt - E63 Service Functionality

Dear Shailendra,

I would like to convey my dissatisfaction and disappointment with Nokia E-63 and the after sales service and support. I am facing the problem from very first day, also shown to you twice. As per your suggestion, I went to Nokia Care (Orbit), they have re install the O.S, but problem is not resolved.

Then I myself starts communicating with Nokia Technical Support centre, according to their advice I again visit the Nokia Care (Nr. Mansi Tower), they did the same thing and advice me not to use the memory card. But after some time, even without memory card, the problem persists.

Again I come to you and shown you the problem. Again you have advice me to visit Orbit (Nokia Care Centre) and assured if the problem persist I will do some thing.

I have resubmitted my phone to Orbit for 6 day’s. Yesterday only (14th Mar 09) I have collected my phone from them which is working fine. But today morning itself problem hit once again.

I have tried to contact Mr. Sanjay (Orbit Innovative Service) on 9913305517, but his phone is not responding.

Shailendra, I have already wasted my three working day’s and Thrice I have lost my official data also. Now it is difficult for me to visit Nokia Care which is approximately 25kms from my home.

Shailendra, as you know , I am regular customer of Croma Himalya Mall, I have shopped more than 90,000 Rs of Electronic Goods from your store, this is the first time I am facing this problem.

Shailedra, I have stopped using this phone, as thrice I have lost my messages, contacts and all. Kindly let me know if you can do some thing.

If you want I can speak to your HO directly. I am looking for complete refund of money along with compensation from CROMA OR NOKIA. As this is the Mfr bug in the phone. Please find the attach file for details or visit the following url discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&thread.id=36490

Kindly reply me at sanjay_bhatt@stovec.com

Bill Details:

No. 103-124204

Sanjay Bhatt

Mgr IT

--- On Tue, 3/10/09, SanjayBhatt <sanjay_bhatt@stovec.com> wrote:

From: SanjayBhatt <sanjay_bhatt@stovec.com>
    Subject: Re: Nokia - Sanjay Bhatt - E63 Service Functionality
    To: "SanjayBhatt" <sanjay_bhatt@stovec.com>, "NokiaCare" <support.services@nokia.com>
    Cc: "im_bhatt" <im_bhatt@yahoo.com>
    Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 10:40 AM

Pls find the attach file of jobsheet.

To: NokiaCare

Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:35 AM

Dear Kiran,

I am very sorry to say that Nokia provides one of the worst after sales service. Even no body from your side is having curtsey to reply or call. Below is my personal grievance with nokia phones, never again in my life i will buy a nokia phone.

I would like to bring to your kind notice about the pathetic and not at all customer oriented service provided by you. From the day one I am facing problem in E63, but till date problem is as it is.

First your nokia care technician suggested to format the memory card, they have formatted the card. But problem is not resolved, then again they have reloaded the O.S again, and suggested to use handset without memory card. But without memory card it is again giving the same problem. So I have contacted them again. Now as per your suggestion I have resubmit the phone at the Nokia Care Centre.

Details as desired by you:

Location and complete address of the Nokia Care Centre (where your handset is submitted)

Orbit Innovative Services

4,wall street-1, opp, The Orient Club,

Gujrat College Road, Ellisbridge Ahmedabad-9

IMEI/Serial Number of the phone (Will be printed on the Job sheet and printed in purchase invoice or at the last page of the user guide)

35931902020231552

Latest Job slip/repair number

187343506/090309/32

Date when the phone was submitted

09-03-09

Your alternate contact number

Nature of the concern: Menu, Home and Switch On/Off key hanging problem

I request you to suggest some solution to my problem and take the necessary action. I request to replace my handset with new one as this problem is with day one.

Or If it is a manufactring defect in all E63 phones, Kindly refund my amount.

Default same problem

I purchased E 63 Nokia on 19 May from Planet M in New Delhi. Yesterday 31 may, the menu button stopped responding. A small rectangle comes up on the right top corner of the screen when the menu button is pressed.

I will take it to Nokia service centre and hope the problem gets fixed.

RakeshSharma Guest

Default Nokia E63 Menu Problem

I've bougth Nokia E63 mobile on my B'day 3 weeks back. However, next day onwards I'm facing the Menu problem. Whenever I click on Menu - nothing happens. The only solution was to switch off the mobile and restart again. I did this for first 1 week. Then I finally went to Nokia care Center in Abuja, Nigeria who took my mobile and asked me to come back after 10 days. When I finally took back my mobile I was informed that the team has worked on my mobile and is not working fine. However, just yesterday I got the mobile from Nokia care and now I'm again facing the same problem !!!

I had to restart my mobile twice in last 24 hours. I'm v dissapointed with this Nokia care service. What shud i do?? The mobile was so good that I invested my money to gift myself this cell. but now m really frustrated n helpless about this situation.

Rakesh Sharma

Lightbulb Lil Solution

Quote Originally Posted by RakeshSharma View Post

Rakesh Sharma

@ All who r having menu problems.!!

myself have Nokia E63 from last 8 days.!!

n does diz menu thing prob comes to u after using it, say like after a call or after using net or something.!!

if yes,

then the solution is simple .

even me faced d same issue once or twice. like when me press menu button , there comes somethng to type or so. and me dint switch off d phone. just kept red button for few times. n everything was back to Normal.!! nxt time d same issue happnd , did d same thing.!!

Moreover giving the Phone to Nokia care prevaiol nothing, since they have least idea regarding this. and they will simply Hard reset ur phone n give.!!

hence try this n see whenever u get this prob.!! hope it works for u people as well

Pinku Guest

Unhappy I m facing the same problem

I bought my phone E63 month ago and i m facing the same problem. red button/power key/ end key is not working.
    even pressing and holding is not working. repeated pressing is not working either. only thing working temporary is taking battery out and forced restarting phone.
    i m looking for logical solution to the problem. I've found many E63 users are facing the same problem. Is this the problem with the set ?

Ragunathan M Guest

Unhappy Menu Button Issue Started... Brand New Mobile not even 2 Weeks....

I purchased E 63 Nokia on 19 May from Mobile Store in Thiruvallur, Tamil Nadu . The menu button stopped responding. A small rectangle comes up on the right top corner of the screen when the menu button is pressed.

Ramesh_indian Guest

Red face I have rectified the problem

I had the same problem of menu hanging and at times when i scroll the contacts it will not be visible. I was advised by my friend to do a factory reset (menu--> tools-->settings-->general-->factory settings [default password will be 12345]). This problem was solved to a great extent. He also suggested me to update the software which i did 4 months back and my phone is very well working for the last four months. I use to hate this phone and started loving this now.

Default Nokia E-63 menu hanging problem

I purchased nokia E-63 on 19-04-2010, from the first day i am facing the hanging problem of this. it gets hang 2-3 times in a day. i have to restart my phone every time to get this normalise. its firmware settings are 400.21.013. please suggest, what to do? Plz let me know, if there is any permanent solution available.

Gaurav Agrawal

Thumbs down Nokia E63

i have purchased a nokia e63 a few days back and i am unable to make/received any calls or send/receive any msg.
    its giving network error.
    retail tells to go to nokia service center and it reminds me of horrific experience of going to nokia service centre some years ago. that time within a few days of purchase (don't recollect the problem exactly) cell stopped working and i had argued alot with service centre people to give me a replacement.
    however there're people with more zenuine cases. for a few it did not work at all after purchase and they were also queued up in service centre. forget nokia's policy, the behavior of service centre people was worser than gundas.
    it took me 5/6 months, 1000's hrs of calls, n number of visits to get another cell from them.

however this time i am not having that much petience and would buy a new cell (ofcourse NOT NOKIA). If there is any simple way to challange NOKIA legally for harrashment - then count me in !

akash mahapatra

another thing I would like to know the brands whose post sales services are reasonable.

Rangraj Guest

Default Unable to Install Apps

I bought a new Nokia E63 from Pantaloons' OneMobile, Bhubaneswar,India. After 2 or 3 days back, I am not able to install anything, not able to check emails, often it is getting hanged with a rectangle-left-out in the right left corner. I tried to install the apps which I already installed , but that too didnt get installed now. And also I m not able to open OVI store, it is just standing still without connecting, previously I was able to open it. I tried formatting the memory card, I tried 'Restore Factory Settings' and also I tried setting 'all' to Software Installation in settings menu. Nothing worked. Before this was happening I just installed Kaspersky mobile antivirus, opera mini beta 2 and Fsecure. Now I removed all except Opera mini since it is not getting removed.

Any one just let me know whats the problem with this phone

-Rangraj

Default My e63 hangs too

similar to the complaints posted here even my E63 hangs (for the same reasons as mentioned in the previous posts) and has to be restarted.

Did anyone found a solution for this?

If yes please post and mail me to shradha.bindal@gmail.com.

siddharth bafna Guest

Cool hanging mobile and there is not working search

my mobil is hanging msgs and not working seach for internet which is in office use so plz how to format phone memory plz tell me....................
    THANKING U

neeraj.saxena@live.com Guest

my handset nokiae63 thieft so i wanted my set hanging by u.nokiae63-1z.white .imei:354329048041144. thanks.

Default My e63 is gone

Leave hanging alone my nokia e63 is not even switching on and it is just 1 months old.

Default Nokia after sales services

I had purchased a Nokia cellphone E63 on 13.7.2010.It was working fine till mid march of 2011 and then started giving trouble,like,a) contact numbers getting deleted without notice, b) e-mails are not getting updated, c) even new e-mail set up not working,d) image are not being saved etc.etc. Initially, I tried to get it rectified over phone through their customer care call center but it was of no use. Then, I went to their premium Nokia care, M/S Talktel, Bhubaneswar. They identified some software problem and so they deleted the existing one and loaded a new software. But when the problem persisted, they could not do anything.Our five visits to the care center were just waste of time.Lastly, they asked me to contact their Customer Care over phone which I did but when the fellow could not rectify the problem, he took my number and promised me that their expert would call and rectify the problem.That was about a week back and I am still awaiting.Meanwhile, I shot up a mail to their contact and got a callous routine mail from one Mr Nagar.My interaction with their engineer Mr D.K.Sahu and the center incharge MrP.K.Batra at Bhubaneswar did not fetch any result.
    My phone has been still under warranty period and if they can not rectify, then they should replace the same. I would like to write also to their HQ at Finland
    Abhijit Sengupta

Last Post: 06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
  4. Nokia E-51 charge problem
    By Ruth in forum Mobile Handset
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 10:40 AM
  5. Nokia E-71 PROBLEM!!!!
    By afunkyguy in forum Mobile Handset