Thread: Wrong GPRS charges by Airtel

Default Wrong GPRS charges by Airtel

am user of airtel postpaid connection and got activated GPRS and they have charged me wrong, which is not possible to download in my phone and they agreed for the same in writing to me. Contacted every channel like 121, nodal officer and applet authority but every one is saying that you have been charged correctly. How it can be possible that we canít download kb in particular time and they are charging the same and not reverted me on time. Please advice, how do I go ahead for loading a complaint against them as I have written proof with me.

Best regards

Shivraj

vipulmodi1985 is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2009

Angry Unfair GPRS charges by Airtel

My mobile number is 9867015400. I am based in Mumbai.

I had gone to taiwan between 12th and 14th oct. Airtel has charged me for gprs usage that time despite me not using gprs at all !

The bill said that 25GB of data has been downloaded ! I m sure such a huge amount of data cannot be downloaded on a 2GB phone!

I have repeatedly mailed Customer Care, Nodal Officer as well as the Appellate authority at airtel. However, the matter still continues to be unresolved.
    Then I decided to personally meet the the nodal officer in their Mumbai Office, located at MindSpace, Malad.
    In the meeting, Ms KAMAL told me something ridiculous.
    She said, the moment I click on 'Download' Link, airtel charges me for the entire size of the file, irrespective of whether the file actually gets downloaded or no..
    When I asked her to give the same in writing, she said she would reply to my mail requesting the same, which has still not happened.

231220092677 is the reference number of the last email i sent them.

Somebody please help me as I cannot afford to pay 10000 extra for something I never used !!!
    Or guide me the official procedure to file a consumer complain against airtel. I shall do it !

Default excess GPRS AMOUNT CHARGED

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, I AM IN BANGALORE & AIRTEL HAVE CHARGED Rs.5, for every 5 minutes whole 24 hour a day.

Quote Originally Posted by vipulmodi1985 View Post
    My mobile number is 9867015400. I am based in Mumbai.

In the meeting, Ms KAMAL told me something ridiculous.

231220092677 is the reference number of the last email i sent them.

Nov 2009

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Vipul,

Dear Shivraj,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed on 08th July 2010, has been resolved.

Rahul Sinha

Nov 2009

I would like to inform you that your concern listed on 23 Dec 2009, has been resolved.

Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtel.in

Meenakshi

Punniya Kumar Guest

Default Airtel Charging me 20 k for grps usage, which is ridiculous.

Hi I am punniya kumar from chennai, i was using airtel 9840831425 was my number. I generally get 1000 plus as my monthly bill for the past five years, on my post paid connection.

Once I got Rs 5000 plus bill in august 2010, i enquired airtel they said it is gprs usage that costed me so much, I was using google maps to locate routes in chennai (I could have asked people instead of spending thousands on that). So i decided to change to RS 98 monthly 2gb Data plan and paid the Rs 5000 bill.

You know what next month I got a bill of Rs 10000 plus for gprs usage alone, and I enquired airtel, they said it is gprs again.

I asked them when 2 gb data is costing only Rs 98 why should I pay 10000 for just 1gb data usage? Is airtel robing public money here gently in the name charges?

They said the RS 98 plan is not activated and my connection is fast (3g) connection that is why it is so costly. I asked them an apple is Rs 40 will you buy a high quality apple for Rs 4000? He said no but he wants me to do that.

WILL ANYONE HERE BUY AN APPLE FOR RS 4000? THAT IS WHAT AIRTEL IS ASKING ME TO DO.

I told him to activate Rs 98 Plan and cancel the existing gprs charges (10000). They did not hesitate to surprise me again with the bill of RS 9000 plus for the next month for the same gprs reason.

PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO CALL CHARGES IT IS AS USUAL LESS THAN RS 1000.

Now I want your support to fight this case in the consumer court.

MEANWHILE I SPOKE TO MANY EXECUTIVES ATLEAST 10 OF THEM. FOR EACH PERSON I HAD TO EXPLAIN FROM THE BEGINING.

Punniya

Dear Punniya ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 17 Dec 2010 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Punniya ,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 17 Dec. 2010, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtelindia.com

Ajeytaa Agarwal Guest

Default Wrong GPRS Charges by Airtel

It is saddening to know that similar problems have been faced by so many customers. My number is 8800640011.

I was also billed ~INR 3,000 for a single day (10-Apr-2011) on account of using the GPRS. . I do not use 3G or GPS services. Yet, when I called the customer care, they wasted some 30 mins in going back and forth and then plainly disconnected the call.

Ajeytaa

Dear Ajeytaa ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 10 May 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Ajeytaa ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 10 May 2011 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However as your contact number is non contactable, we have sent a sms for the same. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com in with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

Dear Ajeytaa ,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 10 May 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

manluvlucky is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2011

Default Wrong GPRS Charges

I am using airtel postpaid number 9818759321 from last 5+ years.
    In April i got 3G plan activated on my number 200 rs--> 250 MB free
    But when i saw the bill for month of May -- I was charged about Rs 4400 on single day for GPRS usage on 26 th May 2011.When bill arrived total amount payable for May bill was 4600 (after discounts) , My bill is generated around 5th day of every month .I called airtel customer care on 13th June and finally they waived me 1100 rs and net payable amount was 3500 which i paid as i dont want my number to be discontinued as i am using it for last 5 years

Now again when i got my bill for month of June i was shocked to see the uasge of Rs 6200/- on single day which is 6th june.<BR>As i called for May billing issue on 13th june neither Customer care advisor nor me was aware of this usage. He advised me to discontinue the 3g plan and take the normal data plan for Rs 200--> 3GB
    I strongly believe i haven't used GPRS and if you see the bill it started billing on 6th june around 2 am in morning and contionusly charged me till 8 pm evening
    First of all i want from airtel to check and provide me the details of application using (consuming ) data ,so i am aware of that and get rid of that application from my phone and dont want to get into same situation again.

Because i strongly believe that i haven't used this data consumption

I am happy to pay the amount if Airtel can prove these charges.

Manpreet