Thread: ICICI Lombard (Malad) making false commitments to the customers to get new business

rahul.sarode is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2010

Default ICICI Lombard (Malad) making false commitments to the customers to get new business

In the month of Nov-2009 I recd a call from one of the marketing guy Named Pankaj from ICICI Lombard (Malad).After having a detailed discussion about the policy (something called flexible plan for health).He required only ICICI account for making the payment.I don't have an a/c in ICICI bank,so i gave him my mother's icici bank a/c no.They got an confirmation from my mother by speaking to her in conference with me.
    The amount required for the 2-yr subscription was deducted from my mother's account and as per the icici guys the policy has been registered on my name. pankaj committed me that the documents (policy kit) will be delivered on my given address(kalyan-W) within 8 days (though officially it takes upto 21 days).
    But,i didn't recd any document regarding this policy till now(Pankaj told me that the date of commencement of the policy is 5th dec-2009).
    After contineous follow-up with pankaj and his seniors Mr.Deepak and Mr.Dinesh I came to know that they had already sent the doc.s on the said address by first flight courrier and the were recd by some S.Sarode on the same address.(There was no person of this name at home on the date of delivery mentioned by FF courriers).When I checked the status on First Flight courriers' website,I found that the docs were recd by some S.Sarode. I called Ff courrer and after making calls 7/8 times i spoke with a lady who told me that the docs were delivered to some S.Sarode on the mentioned address.
    I called Deepak and Rakesh.But now they were avoiding my calls.After threatening them that I'll make a complaint, Dinesh took my 3 different email IDs and said that I'm trying to send you the soft copy but the mails are bouncing(i can not understand a mail would bounce from one email-ID but how is it possible with all the 3 IDs,whereas I'm getting all mails from all other senders).Then he committed that I'll send another hard copy of the docs on your address.
    Later on making an inquiry regarding the policy docs Dipak said we've mailed it to your email ID and you are telling a lie and that we have also sent a hard copy on your residence address which has been recd by some M.Sarode(This time he is making another story by changing the recipent's name.I did not understand after struggling for so many days I didn't get ant docs and on top of that I'm telling lie????)let me confirm I'll give you a call oafter confirming.I was waiting for 3 days but I did not recd any document.Yesterday(19/01/2010) I spoke to Dipak and gave him my office address and asked to send the docs on the office address instead. and he committed that He himself will come and give me the docs.It is 4:45pm now and neither Dipak has come nor have I recd the policy documents yet.
    They have already deducted the amount from my mother's account.Now I want my policy documents and a firm commitment about the after sales service from ICICI Lombard.

************************************************** ********
    Please note that they have not yet given me any details about the policy.
    ************************************************** ********

I want to file a complaint against ICICI Lombard and want that people should not response such false commitments.
    I want to teach them a lesson so that they won't dare to make false commitments to the customers to get the business.

Any suggessions would be appriciated.
    Rahul Sarode
    rahul.sarode@gmail.com

We have gone through your complaint and suggest you to register your complaint with their customer care : Toll Free: 1 800 209 8888 , and send a written notice to the below mentioned address, mention all the details in it and ask them for the policy document within the mention time of 15-20 days else you will drag them to the Consumer Forum.

Address: Customer Support,
    ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co.Ltd.
    401-402, Interface Bldg; No. 11,
    Link Road,Malad (West),
    Mumbai - 400064

Visit : Notice before filing consumer complaint for notice reference.
    Admin,

** PMs asking me for support will be deleted unless I've asked you to PM me with additional details **

1. Very big cheating country club,false commitments