This is a discussion on Dell Again within the Laptop forums, part of the Computer Hardware category; I purchase a dell studio 1430 laptop in July 2009. It was purchased with 1 year limited hardware warranty. Recently ...
- 01-25-2010, 01:02 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
I purchase a dell studio 1430 laptop in July 2009. It was purchased with 1 year limited hardware warranty.
Recently I discovered that there were couple of crack on the front panel of the laptop (plastic cover behind the LCD). Over time there crack are getting wide and now the situation is that, I need to get that plastic panel replaced.
I called to Dell technical support team but they said it is not covered in the limited warranty that I have. Then they asked me to purchase 'Complete Cover Warranty' which I don't want to purchase at all. Then I asked technical support person to place my order to purchase the plastic cover but she informed me that, in India none of the retailer\dell service center is provided with that particular component and even Dell wont provide me the same unless I purchase Complete Cover warranty.
So, the summary is that, I have no other option but to purchase Dell Complete Cover Warranty otherwise required component wont be provided by Dell or their service centers. Effectively, as a consumer I don't have choice but to purchase something which I don't want and which I don't need just to ensure that, I get the required component. I feel like cheated by Dell and want to take up this issue in the consumer court but not sure about how to go for it. Can Anyone help me in this issue.
Thanks in advance!
- By annihilate22 in forum LaptopReplies: 3Last Post: 01-22-2010, 03:52 AM
- By NITIN SHARMA. in forum LaptopReplies: 1Last Post: 11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
- By Tanu in forum Computer HardwareReplies: 0Last Post: 11-01-2009, 10:23 AM
- By Unregistered in forum LaptopReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2009, 03:17 PM
- By Dushyant in forum OtherReplies: 0Last Post: 04-16-2009, 08:55 PM