Thread: Airtel Landline Bill Issue

Post Airtel Landline Bill Issue

We have fixed landline connection of airtel from last few years with three numbers(4233834/35/36, Account Number: 13056712) registered under company, Satyam Software Solutions Pvt Ltd. One of the line(4233835) went dead on 13th January 2011(due to some technical fault at airtel's end) and inspite of regular complaints(for which various reference numbers were alloted by customer care department); nobody from airtel took care of it for next two months. I even stopped the February month bill payment in March 2011 for few days so that somebody from airtel will pay attention to my plea and fix the problem so as to get the bill cleared from our side. But on the contrary, they stopped the outgoing services for the rest two numbers also. In late march 2011, airtel's collection department talked to me regarding the bill payments and convinced me that the dead phone lines will be activated in no time & the bill amount for malfunctioned line will be waived off if I pay the bill instantly as it was airtel's year closing and if the case stretched further, they will not be able to help me out as per airtel's "some" policies(Never heard of such policies before). Instead of hearing my grievance for loss of business due to malfunctioned phone line and corresponding unactivated phone lines, they told me that we will not be liable for even the waiver if I didn't pay the bill immediately.

As these are my business numbers and I need to continue with the same numbers in future too, I sincerely gave cash payment to airtel on the same day(29 March 2011) and got the "waiver letter" which stated an adjustment of Rs. 1400/- to be reflected in the invoice generated after adjustment date i.e. 29 March 2011. Now the situation is that airtel is asking for the payment of 1400/- as balance from last months bill(February/March 2011, the waived off amount). Even after explaining them the whole story and providing scanned copy of the so called "waiver letter" to airtel's representatives via email: 121@airtel.in on 09-04-11 & ravikr08@yahoo.co.in on 21-04-11, services to my landline was discontinued from 15-04-11, reason being, non-payment of due amount of Rs. 1400/-.
    I kept requesting to the airtel representatives that my lines should be activated as the waiver was provided to me last month but to no avail.
    Even today, I had interactions with representatives of airtel for the issue to be resolved but they again started playing the same game, insisting me to pay the bill amount for last month(March 2011) & then only my request for waiver will be logged and my lines will be activated. I have clearly told airtel representatives that this waiver should have been logged immediately after issuing of waiver letter and my phone lines should not be down just because of this silly reason. I have also assured airtel that I will be paying the bill amount but not before my lines get activated and a suitable compensation provided for the loss of business. On this, the representative at the collection office of airtel said that he will not give any assurance for loss of service & the corresponding compensation and clearly told me pay the bill so as to log the waiver and activate the phone lines.

I hereby want to put this request to the concerned authorities that this service provider is manipulating the consumers on its will. The various departments meant for consumer support and grievances are just to misguide, compel and fool customers at various level so that the consumer doesn't have option other than abiding to airtel's rules & policies which the consumer has no idea. I would like to bring in notice, as these phone numbers are my primary business numbers and due to discontinued services from last 14 days and in the past months, I have incurred a substantial loss of more than Rs. 1000000/- in my business. Pain & suffering due to loss of peace of mind, time and energy in explaining airtel's executives at various levels are of no count and match.

Will certainly ask this forum that my request should be heard and proper legal action along with penalties should be levied on airtel. Airtel should also be advised to remove this conspiratorial behavior from its various departments which are meant for customer support and not for fooling & looting people.

C-262, Sector-63, Noida-201301, UP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airtel Landline Bill Issue-discount-letter-airtel.jpg

Dear Sanjeet Maity,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 28 April 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Rakesh Kumar

Hi Rakesh,

Yesterday(29-04-11), again we had discussion with Airtel representatives from its various departments. First, somebody assured us that our waiver will be logged and the lines will be activated soon. He even apologized for the mistreatment and the harassment and also told that he will try to provide a compensation of amount Rs 500/- for our grievances(as if we are begging for the compensation). Another guy called after sometime and said that he is calling us as we have filled a complaint to DOT against airtel and that he will check that the waiver is logged in and our phone lines working as soon as possible. And in the evening, an executive from airtel's collection department came to our office to collect the bill amount without checking whether our services were active or not.

Now this has reached the height of frustration, as even after knowing the situation and the problem faced by us, nobody is trying to rectify the services. Even today(30-04-11), our phone lines are still dead and we are feeling the burnt of the business losses due this negligence from Airtel, which commits for continuous support but never implements it. Compensation was never our target but now, the situation created by Airtel is compeling us to demand for it. Till the time, Airtel is not realized that consumer can challenge its dominance, it will continue to perform like this. There are many more customers like us, who gets the same treatment from airtel but never comes up with the agitation. It should be a lesson to airtel that if it continued to perform like this, it will have to bear the monetary loss at consumer end.

I hope that airtel will understand my grievances and take it as a serious note to refurbish its services.

Dear Sanjeet Maity,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 28 April 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

Rakesh Ranga

Dear Rakesh Ranga,
    I would like to inform you that the situation is still the same as it was before. Even we paid the bill amount(excluding the waiver amount, which I think was not an obligation) in cash to your executive today as your department kept forcing us to do the payment before the connection gets activated but still the services are ineffective.
    Being an appointed authority from Airtel to respond to customers grievances, I think you should update yourself enough of the situation first and then post back. This itself shows the inefficiency and incapability of Airtel's services as well its departments employees.

Also let me know of the resolution that Airtel has provided us as I have not been updated regarding this from anybody. Is Airtel going to compensate for the substantial business loss incurred by us?

I hope that you will make yourself aware of the facts before and then write back.

Praveen_Sharma Guest

Default Airtel Connection Not Working Since 07/05/11

I am also facing the same problem. My telephone connection is dead since 07/05/11 & there has not been any action taken by the company till now. After n number of calls to the call center & their false promises, I am totaly fedup by Airtel. I had never thought of such a pathetic service from Airtel. One more thing to add to this is without working on the problem the closed down my request so that I can not ask for waive off of the bill for the concerned time. when I told them to reopen the request, they totally refused to do that & told me to open a new request for the same.

I am still not sure when my connection is going to work & they have made me to think of the BSNL for a new connection.

Praveen Sharma

Dear Praveen ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 30 May 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Rakesh Kumar

Dear Praveen Sharma,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 30 May 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

Rakesh Ranga