PRS Packers & Movers
This is a discussion on PRS Packers & Movers within the Judgments forums, part of the General Discussions category; Consumer Complaint No:471/08 Between: M.S.N.Sarma, S/o late M.Subrahmanya Sarma, Hindu, aged about 58 years, Manager, L & HPF Divisional Office, ...
- 09-05-2009, 10:47 PM #1Administrator
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
PRS Packers & Movers
Consumer Complaint No:471/08
M.S.N.Sarma, S/o late M.Subrahmanya Sarma, Hindu, aged about 58 years, Manager, L & HPF Divisional Office, Life Insurance Corporation of India, Visakhapatnam, residing at Qr.No.Block A-8, LIC Staff Quarters, Peda Waltair, Waltair Main Road, Visakhapatnam-530 017. … Complainant
1. M/s PRS Packers & Movers, rep.by its Managing Director, 26/B, Gurunanak Nagar, New Kalimati Road, Sakchi, Jamshedpure-831 001.
2. Sri Shankar Upadhyaya, Managing Director, 26/B, Gurunanak Nagar, New Kalimati Road, Sakchi, Jamshedpure-831 001.
... Opposite Parties
This case coming on for final hearing on 24-04-2009 in the presence of Sri.C.Syama Sundara Rao, Advocate for the Complainant and of the Opposite Parties remained exparte and having stood over till this date, the Forum delivered the following:
1.In this complaint against the carrier of goods, the grievance of the Complainant is that instead of delivering the household articles transported from Jamashedpur to Visakhapatnam at his doorstep, as agreed between the parties and having charged heavy amount of Rs.12,000/-, the driver of the vehicle delivered the goods at Sheela Nagar, 15 KM away from the Complainant’s residence, in spite of protest and this resulted in the Complainant incurring expenditure of Rs.2,500/- towards transport charges and Rs.1,000/- towards cooli charges for downloading and suffered mental agony and tension quantified at Rs.5,000/- and Rs.6,500/- towards damages for deficiency in service.: O R D E R :
2.The complaint is preceded by a legal notice. Ex.A1 consigner’s note would show the residential address of the Complainant and Ex.A4 would show that the household articles were delivered at Sheelanagar but not at his residential place. Ex.A2 would show that the Complainant paid Rs.12,000/- towards transport charges to the Opposite Parties.
3.Considering probable expenditure incurred and the mental agony, the Complainant would suffer, the claim for Rs.15,000/- is found to be reasonable. Hence, complaint is allowed.
4.In the result, directing the Opposite Parties to pay Rs.15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen thousand only) to the Complainant with interest @ 9% p.a., from 06-07-2008 the date of legal notice to the date of payment.Regards,
** PMs asking me for support will be deleted unless I've asked you to PM me with additional details **
- By admin in forum Product And ServicesReplies: 16Last Post: 10-15-2012, 02:41 PM
- By admin in forum Product And ServicesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-22-2010, 09:57 AM
- By Advocate.sonia in forum JudgmentsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-02-2009, 05:03 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Product And ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-14-2009, 11:59 AM
- By Ranjan Maitra in forum Product And ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-23-2009, 01:13 PM