This is a discussion on ICICI Bank Ltd within the Judgments forums, part of the General Discussions category; IN THE STATE COMMISSION : DELHI (Constituted under Section 9 clause (b)of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 ) Date of ...
IN THE STATE COMMISSION : DELHI
(Constituted under Section 9 clause (b)of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 )
Date of Decision: 26-03-2009
Appeal No. FA-2008/464
(Arising from the order dated 28-03-2008, passed by the District forum-VII, Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi in complaint Case No. DF-VII/667/07)
ICICI Bank Ltd, -Appellant
ICICI Bank Towers,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Off ice at
11th Floor, Videocon Tower,
E-1, Jhandewalan Extension,
Sunita Bhasin, -Opposite Party
W/o M.M. Bhasin, Through
R/o G-16, Naraina vihar, Mr. S.C. Singhal,
New Delhi-110028. Advocate.
Justice J.D. Kapoor- President
Ms. Rumnita Mittal - Member
1. Whether reporters of local newspapers be allowed to see the judgment?
2. To be referred to the Reporter or not?
JUSTICE J.D. KAPOOR, PRESIDENT (ORAL)
Appeal has been taken up today for settlement of the dispute at the instance of respondent-Bank.
2. It is an alleged case of having not returned the original title deed documents in spite of having deposited all the dues of loan due to which the respondent is alleged to have suffered physically and mentally.
3. The District Forum has vide impugned order dated 28-03-2008 directed the appellant-Bank to return all the original documents including all PDCs, cheque submission form, auto-debit and original title deed as detailed in para No.2 of the notice and also refund a sum of Rs. 23,864/-, which has already refunded by the appellant and Rs. 2,000/- as compensation.
4. However, in view of the aforesaid directions of return of documents and PDCs and refund of Rs. 23,864, the parties have now settled their dispute amicably in respect of the quantum of compensation. The appellant has agreed to pay Rs. 50,000/- and return all the documents including PDCs.
5. The aforesaid order shall be complied with within one week.
6. A copy of this order as per the statutory requirements, be forwarded to the parties free of charge and also to the concerned District Forum and thereafter the file be consigned to Record Room.
7. Announced on 26th March, 2009.