Thread: The General Manager, Telecom, BSNL

BSNL, Nashik.

2. AGM (CS)

BSNL, O/O, GMT, Nashik-2,

3. Accounts Officer (TR)

BSNL, O/O, GMTD, Nashik. … Respondents/org. O.Ps.

Corum : Shri S.R. Khanzode, Hon’ble Presiding Judicial Member
    Smt. S.P. Lale, Hon’ble Member

Present: Mr.V.B. Nashikkar, Advocate for the appellant.

Mr.W.S. Birole, Adv.h/f.Mrs.N.V. Masurkar, Adv. for the respondents.

- : ORAL ORDER :-
    Per Shri S.R. Khanzode, Hon’ble Presiding Judicial Member

This appeal arises out of order/award dated 24/10/2008 passed in consumer complaint No.76/2008 Shri S.D. Buddhisagar V/s. The General Manager, Telecom, B.S.N.L. Nashik & Ors. passed by District Consumer Forum Nashik (Forum below in short).

The admitted facts are that the appellant/complainant Mr.S.D. Buddhisagar is an employee of B.S.N.L. and in such a capacity, service phone was provided to him. When he was transferred to other place, he made an application to surrender the service connection and requested to continue the same phone as a private phone. Said request was subsequently stood rejected. The Department also issued telephone consumption bill apparently because after the complainant left the destination on transfer the concession of phone facility to the employee at Nashik was no more available to him. Thereafter, this consumer complaint is filed challenging the said bill.

Forum below by impugned order referring to Clause No.7(b) of the Telegraph Act, 1985 held that the complaint could not be entertained before it considering the arbitration clause and thus dismissed the complaint awarding cost of Rs.5,000/- to the O.Ps. Feeling aggrieved thereby this appeal is filed by org. complainant.

Admit. We heard Mr.V.B. Nashikkar, Advocate for the appellant and Mr.W.S. Birole, Advocate h/f. Mrs.N.V. Masurkar, Advocate for the respondents forthwith with consent of both the parties.

Perused the papers.

Admittedly, the telephone connection (in respect of which a disputed bill was issued) subsequent for a period prior to his transfer was not provided to him as a regular subscriber but as a facility extended as per his service condition. Therefore, there is no element of hiring of any service from the department. Besides this, it is tried to be argued on behalf of the appellant that after his transfer, he made a request to the department to transfer the said service telephone connection as his private telephone connection and accordingly he paid deposit as per demand notice. The department turned down the request of the complainant to convert service connection into private connection and informed him accordingly, though quite late in the year 2007. At no point of time, request of the complainant was accepted by the department to convert the service connection into private connection. Under the circumstances, it cannot be said that at any one point of time he has hired services of the department and as such he cannot be held as a ‘consumer’ within the meaning of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. This cannot be a consumer dispute. It is a dispute per se between employee and employer relating to the charges leveled on account of use of telephone connection beyond the period when the employee left the destination on transfer but continued to use the said telephone facility. Thus, though we do not find ourselves in agreement with the Forum below on the ground of not having jurisdiction due to arbitration clause, we find it futile to entertain this appeal since it is not a consumer dispute. We find ourselves not in agreement with the forum below to grant costs of Rs.5,000/- to the O.Ps. The action is arbitrary considering the submissions made by the parties and the fact of absence of malice on the part of the complainant. Thus holding accordingly, we pass following order :-

-: ORDER :-

1. Appeal is partly allowed.

2. The impugned order dated 24/10/2008 to the extent as to award of costs of Rs.5,000/- is set aside.

3. Misc. Appl. No.2231/2008, for stay stands disposed of as infructuous.

4. Copies of the order be furnished to the parties.

(S. P. Lale) (S.R. Khanzode)

Member Presiding Judicial Member

Default Complain regarding Landline connection

Hello sir,

I am Rijwan Shaikh leaving in Ashwini Colony,Beside Govt. Polytechnic,Samnagon,
    From day before yesterday in our area all Land line as well as Broadband connection is not working.
    We had make complain in Sanchar point nasik road.But issue not yet solved.
    So please respective action amongst it.

Thanking you.

Default wrong activation of bsnl stv rs. 49 getting wrong call rate

my mobile no. 9470358064 recharge with STV 49 for 49 paisa std/local/sms with 6

months validity on 06/11/2009 and message received "you have received credit of

Rs49 from no. 138212 ref no. 270284629 shop keeper mobile no. 9470594200 recharge

with STV Rs.49/ at 1:02:55 pm when I was not getting STV49/ rate asked customer

care they told your mobile was rechrge with Rs. 61/ and validity 1 month which is

wrong. It may be rectified to 49 paisa std/local/sms

BSNL, Nashik.

2. AGM (CS)

BSNL, O/O, GMT, Nashik-2,

3. Accounts Officer (TR)

BSNL, O/O, GMTD, Nashik. … Respondents/org. O.Ps.

Corum : Shri S.R. Khanzode, Hon’ble Presiding Judicial Member
    Smt. S.P. Lale, Hon’ble Member

Present: Mr.V.B. Nashikkar, Advocate for the appellant.

Mr.W.S. Birole, Adv.h/f.Mrs.N.V. Masurkar, Adv. for the respondents.

- : ORAL ORDER :-
    Per Shri S.R. Khanzode, Hon’ble Presiding Judicial Member

Perused the papers.

-: ORDER :-

1. Appeal is partly allowed.

3. Misc. Appl. No.2231/2008, for stay stands disposed of as infructuous.

4. Copies of the order be furnished to the parties.

(S. P. Lale) (S.R. Khanzode)

Member Presiding Judicial Member

Good ideal, pls try to keep posting.

Tks and best regards

bobydavid71 is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2010

Apart fr that, we also find out more at: humanresources.hrvinet.com/general-manager-job-description/

I hope that it is useful for our community.

Rgs

Default internet not working

The internet connection on (Tel no is 02532374694) is not working since last three months. I have followed with Cidco exchange office 2391000,2392000,2312888,2319888, 2311166. The answers from these lines are typical - pl ring to the other tel no & launch your complaint. On every phone the answer is same. But my internet is not on & i am paying for the bill regularly without using internet.

Pl look into matter seriously.

Bharat S Patel Guest

Default 27773124 Not Working since last Four months

I am Bharat S Patel I am using BSNL Land Line no 27773124 from last 8 years.It has given me from DLC Ghatlodiya but since last four months my phone not working and i am not receiving incoming call and sometime it was totally down.I already complains up to Aria Manager but no result so I have to close my broadband connection and now I want to close this landline connection.

Bharat S Patel
    Mobile No.9825909850

krupa shah Guest

Default Caller tune charges (without subscription)

I have not call to BSNL for setting any callertune.But I got the message of 28rs. deducted from your account due to setting a caller tune.After 2 days I got another message that 12rs. are charged due to changing a caller tune.This change request is also not done by me.I have call to customer care and they are giving me date and time of setting caller tune and all that.So have fake this all things???No one else is using my cell phone except me.But I don't get any positive response from BSNL customer care.Even I have tried to unsubscribe the caller tune by messaging "BT DACT" to 56700(even I have message "BT DCT" to 56700), for each msg my balace is cut and I got the reply that "Invalid songcode specified.Request cant be performed".This both message for unsubscription I got searched from internet.But no gain......So Are you people over there are just to cheat the people????Why I am not getting any positive response from your side???Please give some reply and tell me how can I unsubscribe caller tune and even I don't want to have any messages except the recharge offers..So Is there any way to stop all bulky messages???
    Looking forward for your reply

thanks,
    KRUPA

Default unresolved net complant

my tel. No. is 04842427839, i am with your services for the last 2 years, and for the last one month i am not contented with your net services , i am not receiving continuously connected, it is an on and off affair, for few minuets or so, which is not much use to me. my complaint is not taken care of seriously by the local exchange, one says, it is local line trouble , another says it the problem with the modem , and the third one suggests it is the problem of cables. ultimately i am deprived of the services, which puts me in to abundant difficulties. i will be constrained to move to some other better service provider in this field unless your office intervene and solve my problem within a reasonable time. regards . Adv. Abdulla Ernakulam dated 09th day of September, 2010

DARSHAN SINGH Guest

Default Complaint against incomplete and torn bill (0161-2532677

the general manager, dated- 15/02/2011
    bsnl and telecom industry ltd,
    punjab, india.

Sub- complaint against incomplete and torn bill (0161-2532677)

actually, i am your customer since 27 years and thats the worth for the company of yours. I was having an internet broadband connection with plan: H 250 monthly with 1gb usage plan. Moreover, now the the thing is i haven't used any single kbps of the plan after 1gb usage. There was a warning of your usage is been completed and you cant use it further.
    On that day only i been to your office bsnl ltd. Dholewal, ludhiana(punjab). And i did my plan changed within the same day of been the usage was completed.

Moreover, in your records its saying that we changed our plan on 24/1/2011 and we changed it to wi-fi with rs.499 plan every month. On the other day there employee came and fixed the modem and he said that you can use your unlimited surfing from today only.

They charged me for 2869mb rather than 1024mb and the bill amount is rs. 3476.

The bill we got today was torn from the bottom part and there is no details of usage etc.

I been there in your office today, and it was the worse customer service and experience in my life i had today. I been in your office there was a lady named neelam. She was very rude to me when i asked her to give me all the details of my usage and said i dont have time go 1st floor even she was who can help me for this act.

Perhaps, i went to 1st floor lady named kamaljit kaur i asked her about the problem of mine and she said you should go to 2nd floor. Likewise, she through off my bill on besides my legs.

Now, moreover there was two guys siting on there office named kamaljit singh neelon p/a gopal krishna he was very nice to me and treated me very gently with my situation. He called to head office and he head a chat to the staff member and he asked me everything in detail.

And the person named kamaljit he took further action and he promised me that you will not be charged for any kind of surcharges before or after the due date of bill rather we not get any detail and proper summary of new bill.

Hope for we get each and everything from your side with new bill and proper usage details as soon as possible.

Yours regards,

phone no- 0161- 2532677

sahilbhatt is offline Junior Member
    Feb 2011

Hello Sir
    Im glad that there are so many people out there who are facing a problem due to BSNL telecom.
    Its slightly ridiculous how their service so poor all over bangalore and how despite launching a 100 complaints with them, they just don't seem to do anything to rectify it.
    I wish something could be done to resolve this issue, maybe put up more signal posts or something.
    At the rate our government service providers are going, especially BSNL i don't blame the nationals in investing in every other company but companies like BSNL.
    I am very disappointed and im sure i have many more supporting my case.

NANADINI BHADURY Guest

Post complaint on internet connection

General Manager 8.4.2011
    BSNL, Nasik,

Subject: Poor/Erratic functioning/service of BSNL connections
    Ref.: Internet/Land Line no 2372859, and cell nos 942276060, 942276061

This is to bring to your kind notice about extremely erratic functioning of BSNL systems as mentioned in our 3 letters dated 4.3.2011, attached herewith.

You may kindly observe that inspite of our regular visits to BSNL offices and requesting vide above letters there is no action taken.

In fact even during our recent visit, about a fortnight ago, we were informed that bills will get corrected after March 2011. However we continue to get incorrect bills till date.

In our above letter dated 4.3.2011 we had therefore requested to cancel our connection and refund the deposit. But then there is no response to it either and fresh bill continue to come to us, that too without previous correction.

This is harassment to your user and shows the poor image that is being built up over the years.

Therefore our earnest request to you to kindly intervene in the matter and arrange refund of our security deposit as the number is not in use after Jan 2011, as mentioned in our letters dated 4.3.2011, copies attached.

However if necessary corrections made we are still ready to continue with it, in which case, we will not be making any payment after Jan. 2011, as mentioned in our letter dated 4.3.2011, till the date of resolving this matter. Hence necessary corrections may also be made accordingly, failing which you kindly arrange refund of our deposit.

Best Regards

(Nandini Bhadury)

c/o Ranjan Bhadury
    Ecstasy, Plot No. 23, Kalika Park, Untwadi, Nasik 422408, Maharashtra

General Manager,
    BSNL, Nasik
    SubjectDisconnectionoflnternet-Landlineno2372859
    This is to inform you that we got the above interneuland line connected by BSNL
    this year.
    However we are sorry to inform you that we have been receiving erratic, bills' i'e'
    paymentsmadenotcreditedtoyouraccountandthereforead ditionalamount
    b"ing shown every time we clear the current bill'
    on complaining on umpteen number of occasion we are informed about the
    above excuses ano asiureo that in next bill the necessary correclion will be
    made and we are advised to pay the current bill for each month' which we have
    been doing regularlY.
    As we find it very difficult to adjust to such lousy service leading to our frequent
    li,iliJ'tlJ;;?l'c" il"o"LJi,in' *ni"n i: '"y9I^99': 11!: end or the dav' in
    the process we are wasting our important time for this purpose'
    4.03.2011
    by private
    You may please appreciate when excetlent services are extended
    grmgq!1gs agqtnerl'fore we have no-r-eary11t9 continue with BSNL'
    Hence we are constrained to discontinue with BSNL and request you to-please
    adjust our security O"posit amount *itt yout previous month's i'e' Jan 2011 bill
    and refund us the ;;ffii. we shail noi b. making payment for the current bill
    i.e.28.02.2011 since it is not in use'
    By this letter we put it on record about the bad experience of dealing with BSNL
    and would also like to put on record that we are always faced .with
    your
    personnel's indiffeient ani unhelpful response when ever we approach them'for
    resolving the issue.
    Request kindly instruct disconnection of above line and refund us the deposit'
    Thanking You,
    Yours FaithfullY,

sameersingh Guest

Question Landline & broadband connection is not working.

Hello sir,

I am Sameer Singh leaving in Padmawati-II Colony, Behind Moti Nagar, Sendra Road, Beawar-305901 (Rajasthan) (01462-223247)
    From last various day in our area all Land line as well as Broadband connection is not working.
    We had make complain in BSNL office, Beawar but issue not yet solved.
    So please respective action amongst it.

Thanking you.

Sameer Singh

mazhar Husain Guest

Angry Hsbc credit card excess payment

TO,

BE MADE SEPERATELY IT HAS TO BE CONNECTED WITH MY ACCOUNT AND
    WHAT EVER THE AMOUNT I DO THE SHOPPING ETC. IT CAN BE DIRECTLY
    WITHRAW FROM MY ACCOUNT AND THE BILLS CAN BE SENT TO ME FOR THE SAME SO I AM
    AWARE OF THE ALL WHAT EVER TRANSECTION, IT WAS AGGREED WITH THE COUNTER
    PERSON AT HSBC ECE HOUSE BRANCH.
    AND LATTER ON I HAVE DONE SOME SHOPPING OF MISC THINGS AT DIFFERENT PLACES
    IN JAPAN AND USA ETC. KEEPING IN MIND THAT TH SUFFICIENT FUNDS ARE
    THERE IN MY ACCOUNT SO NO NEED TO BE WORRY, BUT IN 2007 I NOTED SOME
    AMOUNT OF 1800-1900 APPROX IS BEING DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT.
    SO I CONTACTED TO HSBC DELHI THEY SAID CREDIT CARD IS NOT OPERATED BY THEM
    SO FINALLY AFTER 2-3 MONTH I GOT A MESSAGE FROM NODEL OFFICER
    CHENNAI, THAT MY SHOPPING MONEY IS NOT BEING PAID, AND AFTER THAT I POSTED TO
    SHIP AGAIN AND MATTER WENT TO DARK FOR ANOTHER 9 MONTH AS MY CONTRACT
    ON THE SHIP IS FOR 9-10 MONTH AND THE EMAIL AND INTERNET FACILITY WERE NOT
    ON BOARD THE SHIP, SO AGAIN AFTER COMING BACK FROM THE SHIP IN 2008 I TRACED THE MATTER
    IN 2007 AGAIN I APPROCHED TO HSBC OFFICE ASKING TO CANCELL MY CARD I HAVE
    PRESENTED MY CARD, AT THE COUNTER SHE HAS CUTTED MY CARD AND KEPT MY APPLICATION
    AND NO RECEPT FOR THE SAME GIVEN TO ME I WAS SURE THAT THEY WILL DO THE SAME
    BUT WHEN NEXT TIME I VISITED TO HSBC THEY SAID YOUR CARD NOT YET CANCELLED,
    MEAN WHILE I LODGED A COMPLAIN TO CONSUMER COURT OF NAINITAL FOR THIS
    AS I WAS NOT AWARE OF THE CASE AND WITHOU MY INFORMATION BANK QUITELY
    GIVING MINIMUM PAYMENT OF ABOUT 1800- 1900 TO THE CARD AND NOT SENDING ME THE
    BILLS AND REMINDER, I WAS RECEIVING ONLY BANK STATEMENT , THAT TOO VERY
    OFFEN AS I TRUSTED MY BANK HSBC, THEY WILL NOT DO ANY MISCHIEF TO ME.

SIR PRESENT SITUATION WHAT IS THE BEST CAN BE DONE AS THE MATTER IS IN THE COURT
    AND I HAVE PAID VERY EXCESS AMOUNT TO HSBC/CARD KINDLY ARRANGE TO
    2 LAKHS WERE KEPT AT ALL THE TIME, SO I WAS NAVER WORRIED ABOUT THE PAYMENTS
    BUT REALITY I BECAME CHEATED AND BANK ALSO KEPT QUIT FOR THE SAME,

SIR PLEASE HELP MT TO CLEAR THE MATTER AND BALANCE EXCESS AMOUNT TO BE
    DEPOSITED BACK TO MY ACCOUNT SO I CAN OPERATE MY ACCOUNT AS THIS IS A MATTER OF
    PRESTIGE OF HSBC TO AN NRE CLINT. MY ADVOCATE FOR THE CONSUMER COURT IS MR. SAURABH
    PANDEY , ADVOCATE HIGH COURT OF NAINITAL-UTTRAKHAND, HE CAN BE CONTACTED ON MOBILE
    09412086862 HIS ADDRESS CIVIL LINES OPP. HOTEL SAURABN INN NAINITAL ROAD BHOTIA PARAO
    HALDWANI NAINITAL UTTRAKHAND - INDIA PIN 263139

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE KIND HELP FOR SOLVING THE ABOVE.

DATED: 20TH APRIL 2010 YOURS TRULY
    PLACE: HALDWANI NAINITAL.

ENCL:- MAZHAR HUSAIN
    1- SUMMERY PLEASE SEE DETAILS A/C 051-192003-006
    2- HSBC DETAIL. NAI BASTI,ASTANA,HALDWANI NAINTAL
    09219734033/ 08449854339

Default deduction of rental charges for non-operating days

My landline no is: 2320299. I also have a broadband connection. From 6th Oct till 15th Oct. 2011,my landline no was not working.

All complaints during these days felt on deaf ears...there was no proper response from any of the personnel.

You are therefore requested to deduct the rental + service charges for landline as well as broadband for the non operating/non servicing days.

Last Post: 06-02-2014, 03:43 PM
  2. complaint against BSNL Telecom
    By VENUGOPAL in forum Broadband
    Last Post: 02-12-2013, 09:55 PM
  3. Deputy General Manager, BSNL, B.S.City.
    By Advocate.sonia in forum Judgments