• 1 Post By Jagpreet Singh
  • 1 Post By Jagpreet Singh

Thread: Attrocious services by TATA Photon+ A Scam!!

Jagpreet Singh is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Attrocious services by TATA Photon+ A Scam!!

I Purchased a Tata Photon+ (09212291900) in the second week of Jan 2012 and observed weak signals. I raised a cancellation request on 18th Jan on the same ground to which I was promised an Engineer visit. The Engineer visited and confirmed that the speed was as low as 20 Kbps compared to company claim of 3.1 Mbps. The company still asked for more time to work on the issue and finally after chains of emails exchange submitted to cancel my connection at full loss on 04th Feb '12.

To my shock I am getting collection calls for the monthly usage of Rs 726/- as a rental for the billing cycle just for keeping the dongal. Why should I be paying a rent when I requested cancellation within a week due to no speed? I never got the opportunity to use the services plus I had received an email confirming the current outstanding as NIL. The customer care is pathetic would be an understatement. The nodal officer is a shameless person who without even looking at the history of the case simply forwarded the case to customer service again.

All their replies start with, we apologize for the inconveninence and value your association with us followed by we have raised a ticket and are working on it on priority. They employees work like machines with no brains.

I highly recommend Reliance and Airtel for better coverage and warn that you should never buy a Tata connection as it is more like a Govt. Company. I am going to forward my case to consumer court as well as their MD N. Srinath along with a copy to Vinod Kumar CEO.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform that, your complaint bearing vide docket number 295900493 has been put before the concerned department. We have accorded it top priority and are expressly working towards resolving it at the earliest. We should revert to you shortly, request you to kindly bear with us in the interim.

For any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

Customer Care,

Jagpreet Singh is offline Junior Member

You have simply met my expectations with a scripted reply. I am challenging that I will walk upto your Lajpat customer service center this weekend and in the event of an unsuccessful resolution I will stand opposite to your showroom with a Hoarding saying, "TATA PHOTON+ is a SCAM and the Company is CHEAT" Certainly I will have a media friend from Times accompany me to click a pic and post in Delhi Times. Aaj Tak and India Tv are always up for creative news so I have their number in case need be. Finally the pics and the email will be sent to the CEO of your company to show how useless the employees of your company are!!

Tata DOCOMO is offline Senior Member
    Apr 2010

Hi Jagpreet,

Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number, your alternate contact number and email ID so that we can get in touch with you. You can also go to the following link - Tata DOCOMO Chat to get your query resolved through a Live Chat with our Customer Care executive.

Customer Care
    Tata DOCOMO.

Dear team,

I am getting harrassed by your company on a daily basis would be an understatement.

I went to the customer care center in Lajpat Nagar on Sat 3rd Mach '12, wherein they have raised a billing dispute as I had placed a cancellation request on 18th Jan so I should have only be charged rental for the period 10th Jan - 18th Jan. The ref# for the issue is 300049791.

I was also informed by the team that I am not eligible for any refund as I have not submitted the modem yet. I have exchanged more than 20 emails with the customer service team out of these in my last 3-4 emails I specifically asked "If I need to perform any action to complete the refund process?" "Do I have to do any thing?" I received a scripted replies each time that refund will be processed within 39 days and the cheque will be sent to my mailing address. No associate ever informed me to submit the modem at the outlet. So how am I suppose to know the Buy back procedure when I am dealing with your company for the first time??

Also, it was not a normal buy back that I changed my mind and should have provided the pack back within a week's time to get full refund, rather this was a result of no coverage for which your team took almost 14 days to confirm that the reason for cancellation was valid. Since then it has been more than 1 month already and had I not walked upto the customer care center they won't even have informed me about this procedure. They even refused to take the modem back as no where in my account it was mentioned that it's a case of full refund. I was also asked to provide the packing box (which I had left at the seller's shop after the activation) and the USB cable (Which I had never received with the dongle). I was advised to contact Nodal helpdesk with for better resolution.

Today I called on Nodal Helpdesk number 01166558101 at 15:50 Hrs and spoke to Suhaas, I gave himt the entire history of my case and my call was placed on hold. I WAS ON HOLD FOR MORE THAN 10 MINS AND THE CALL WAS DISCONNECTED!!!!! The total duration of the call was 20 mins and the call was hung up on me without any resolution, this is the level of commitment you show towards your customers. I have knocked all possible doors to receive a resolution to my problem but to no use. Do not feel that I am only threatning to go to your CEO or Consumer court. I will certainly do so after I have tried all possible options and this is onl going to make my case more strong.

I can be contacted at +91-981-194-1818 or at Jagpreet.Singh@mail.com. My unfortunate Docomo connection number was 9212291900

Tata DOCOMO is offline Senior Member
    Apr 2010

Hi jagpreet,

Greetings from Tata DOCOMO!

We would like to inform you that we have forwarded your complaint to concerned department and will revert to you shortly.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at social@tatadocomomarketing.com

Customer Care
    Tata DOCOMO.

Jagpreet Singh is offline Junior Member

It has been more than 10 days since the tickets were raised on priority and the information was forwarded to the concerned department, I believe your concerned department is not concerned and all your tickets that you raise are fake just like your company.
    vivekele likes this.

Jagpreet Singh is offline Junior Member

Still awaiting a reply, now this issue has been posted on Govt. website for consumer court affairs at core.nic.in as well. A hard copy of all the emails has been sent to your Corporate Office at Mumbai as well.

Thanks for your services and prompt replies, you sons of guns!!!
    vivekele likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagpreet Singh View Post

Thanks for your services and prompt replies, you sons of guns!!!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, your complaint has been registered vide docket number 302210261. We have accorded it top priority and are expressly working towards resolving it at the earliest. We will revert to you shortly, request you to kindly bear with us in the interim.

Jagpreet Singh is offline Junior Member

This is the same reply that was given to me on 02nd March exactly 20 days back and I don't see any resolution and no one answers on the number that you have given in the email. STOP SENDING SCRIPTED REPLIES !!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, our concerned department spoke to you and updated the resolution regarding the complaint bearing docket number 302210261.

Hence, we would like to inform you that your bill has been adjusted and we kindly request you to provide the device with all the accessories for buy back.

Jagpreet Singh is offline Junior Member

When I had bought the product from the dealer, he activated the device at his showroom so I did not bring the box along with the dongle and I have been informed that it's not possible to get refund without box. Do you carry packaging boxes when you buy activated stuff ??? Even if you do, do you keep them with you considering you would be eventually returning the product to the company?? Do we ever buy stuff considering that we would return it ??? Is this how a normal consumer think??? Your practices are not fair hence I have filed the case in consumer court. I appreciate you giving a waiver for the monthly bill but I was ready to pay for the 8 days usage that I had.

Even in the given scenario you are keeping my 1200 for a device that I never wanted to keep in the first place. I have already advised your team to not to contact me anymore as I was blatantly declined a buy back in the event of no packaging box, I would wait on the final verdict from the consumer court on this issue as I have filed for damages on the ground of threat to my credit when I have a score of 800+ and for psychological harassment. Not to forget I have all the emails supporting my claim that I was promised a refund check within 39 days without informing me that I need to submit the device back to the showroom with the packaging box.

Very Dissatisfied Customer

Very Dissatisfied Customer

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, as per the process inorder to buy back your device atleast you need to submit all the necessary accessories.

Jagpreet Singh is offline Junior Member

I was never informed!!!! I have emails to support my claim that will be used in the court of law for sure!!! I am so sick and tired of dealing with you, you are a bunch of machines working there not even humans.

Last Post: 08-06-2014, 06:32 PM