Thread: Airtel smartbytes fraud

abhinav023 is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2012

Angry Airtel smartbytes fraud

I have been a customer of airtel for around 6-7 years, but will be discontinuing the services because of the "smartbytes charges" they impose on the customers.

Within 2 months, I have received additional bills of 1500 I.E. Total of 3000.

This kind of service should be verified by the use of credit card or debit card only and not just based on clicking the offer.

Infact this service is specifically designed so that some users who are not so educated about the computers and stuff, will accidently click on this and thus airtel will have the excuse that the customer demanded it and thus charge them heavily for that.

Since my payment mode is ecs, ( I really regret the day I chose ecs) I cant really do anything except discontinuing the broadband connection.

Contact me : 9871115678

User_Airtel Guest

Exclamation Airtel Smart Bytes - Complete fraud & Way to steel consumers money

I too have been using the airtel broadband and these guys one fine day added 1499+taxes in my bill.
    I already have other broadband connection and airtel is just a standby....

We have not paid the amount and have raised a dispute with the billing dept. and also the ombudsman.
    They have already violated the TRAI guidelines for VAS and other services. SmartBytes is also an addon to
    the basic broadband service and hence they have to follow the verification guidelines before they enable such
    services.

Please ask for refund and also ask them provide details of how/when/who has enabled smartbytes and what
    verification process they have followed before enabling that service.

Default broadband uses shows high consumption

I am using Broadband connection since last one year my total limit of upload and download is 30 GB but I found their consumption reading is higher then what I consume basic intention behind this the customer shall bye further limit, I am not able to prove the actual uses can any body help me what to do ?

Default Airtel SMARTBYTES FRAUD

Hi I am Airtel Broadband user from past 2 1/2 yrs. There is a option called smart bytes whenever user consumes his/her monthly quota. I am not sure how it got enabled for me when i clicked on NO option when smarbytes application prompted. I called up Airtel CC immediately and asked them to disable smartbytes for which they said its not in their control THey charged me Bill of Rs 1800/- towards Smartbytes. More over I was out of town after 2 days that option got enabled. How the HELL I CONSUMED 20GB in 3DAYS? These guys have to enable/link to Netbanking Credit/debit for purchasing Smartbytes not just a single click option.

This is clear FRAUD what AIRTEL is doing. They are cheating customers and looting money by providing this option. I want to register a Complaint in Consumer court what Fraud Airtel is doing.

Victim of Smartbytes Guest

Angry Airtel Is Cheating in the name of Smartbytes and ebilling system!!!

I am Airtel Broadband user from past 6+yrs.
    On Date 22Jan2013 (my billing cycle ends) and it starts the next day. My internet usage was 0GB of your airtel broadband account for the current bill cycle On 23 or 24Jan2013 I got the Usage back to normal as 5GB which I have opted as per my billing plan in the year2006.

My actual usage of internet is hardly 1 hour of checking emails in Yahoo, Gmail and Some Enews papers for reading news.
    I hardly upload more than 10mb in a weeks time or see low bandwidth YouTube (cooking related) movies ones or twice in a week.

Today is 04Feb2013 and my usage in GB left is 1.79 GB out of 5GB, More over, I am getting a speed of hardly 56kbps, or some times the internet is fluctuating or not working properly.

I am surprised to see that How I CONSUMED more than 3GB in few days? I feel like they are cheating all the clients.

Secondly, there is one option of email billing option / policy so as to avoid paper wastage, which is good for all. But here they(most of the telecom companies like Airtel) are taking an advantage of people who are not paying the bills in time by charging Rs.100 as late fee. They are very well aware that people are always busy in their life and may not give appropriate time to check their emails or bills at regularly. Keeping all such tricks in mind they (Airtel) they taking an advantage of such policies.

This is clear FRAUD what AIRTEL is doing. They are cheating customers and looting money by providing these option.

A common man very much helpless because there are many other important things in life, and I feel there is no end unless and until government takes action on such Fraud companies and save their citizens money. Even after paying all the taxes we all are still suffering.

People should take care and come together to raise voice against such type of corruption.

Thumbs down Airtel boradband unfair/fraud usage representation

I have been customer of Airtel from last 4 years till now, but from last few months, since airtel has started the smart bytes program, the usage Airtel shows for each specific amount is not the actual representation but an random usage that has been programmed to end before the billing cycle ends, this has been done so to as force people to get speed through smart-bytes, being a programmer and a developer, i clearly know how much i do use my internet and how much extra airtel shows.

I have been very distressed, since Airtel was the only good service internet provider but it has also now been playing with people who are not so technical and aware of the usage logic.

I hope Airtel Broadband usage opts a genuine logic soon.

Post chennai adayr aitel

Hi am from chennai, adyar, airtel is a fraud..... surprised to see that How I CONSUMED more than 3GB in few days? I feel like they are cheating all the clients.

Default Airtel is making people fool

When i called to customer care they have said that sir you have demanded for speed packages .. after asking that how did you verify that's me is i send you some sms or called you if you have show to me .. On this they are having a simply saying " You have clicked on a link" .. It simply means if the airtel line is installed in any institute and students click on " Smart Bytes " in a day 10 times with Rs.1500 option .. Owner have to pay Rs.15,000/- ... What a joke

Default Complaint about airtel fraud peoples

aitel company ke employ beena kahe caller tone laga dede hain. lagane ke rupees kaat lete hain or phir hatane ke liye kehte hai to yeh sunte nhi hai or
    agr sunte bhi hai to katne ke bhi paise lete hain
    is company ko band kr do tale laga lo

Angry airtel is doing fraud

I been using airtel since last 8 months. for first three months it was working fine,it never exceeded 30 gb limit since last few months they started a new feature called smartbytes and they started to show I consumed 80% of my download limit in 3 days how can anyone download 24-25gb in 3 days,I only browse wikipedia and youtube and they say i have consumed so much space its just unbelievable.its been happening since january to be exact when we call the customer care they say they are busy and talk about procedures.when we ask our area's manager number they are not ready to give it so truly feel that airtel should stop cheating people or else they are surely goging to get into trouble

Default Airtel is a totally fraud network

A m using Airtel broadband for the past 1 year. My net speed is 2 Mbps and my billing cycle for every month is 5 to 4, after finishing a cycle i had 8 GB to use but at the date of 7th my speed down to 256 Kbps
    I was shocked . And i complaint to the nearest Airtel communication center, they said that i was consumed 8Gb within two days . But i didn't consume 8Gb in two days , But i used to checking the mail and chatting face book only. These bastards are cheating the every customers like this this. I was disappointed with this @@@@ing And cheating Airtel broadband service , Please help me what i have to do. They did not consider my complaint also, what can i do? Please help me.

Default airtel smartbytes fraud

i am usig airtel internet broadband connection.i am using 999 plan but bill coming 2200 the company says u use airtel amartbytes which i not use

Thumbs up airtel

first i am not here to hurt anyone's feelings i know some of u are actually the victims rather than the opp however sometimes blaming the company feels like the easiest task one can do however if u want to track ur download and upload a simple software available free online can do that connect ur browser and all internet related software to it and it will show u if smart bites actually scammed u or u r scamming yourself next if u dont get how u downloaded 3 gb that might can happen coz of windows update in background a critical windows update just one can be abt 150 mb at times we have as many as 20 when we don't update our windows for a while last night i had 44 thanks to my 25gb limit it saved me time ....back program suck a lot of download blood be careful abt that and abt slow speed of internet as all networks can sleep for a while and server of a particular area can slow down due to over load or server hangup many reasons can be some ppl change there ip address to the way they like then they dont like the speed what they get some has firewall issues and some has port forwarding issues get that done by professional or try it yourself search online sometimes it can be as simple as switch off ur modem and on again and restart windows and delete temp files and cookies ir excess drive used or clearing registry can speed up ur computer but do it with caution get it done by a professional and learn then try it yourself and till its abt that u got more bill and u never used smart bites this sometimes happen its very easy as ppl dont secure there wi-fi with a password in return a neighbor can use ur wifi and apply high speed without u knowing anything abt that or a child does it at nite to watch god knows what or as it is it might be companies fault which at there stage they can do easily and that will abuse customers but this can be resolved call customer care tell them to disconnect ur connection they will transfer u to appropriate department dont listen anything get that done and they will give u a scheme of life time if u played the card well and they will listen a unsatisfied outgoing customer coz that mean loss of 10 new customers ....

Angry the dirtest tric

I am really annoyed on this airtel internet smart bytes ,when i bought gb online they didnt give me and incresed my bill without giving me the speed i need .......i am very annoyed on them. this is not done they are cheating us ,we are ready to pay and are paying but atlest dont cheat us give us atleast the speed for what we are paying and airtel says that take this plan and that plan this is better then this that is better then this one for eg they say that take unlimited plan you will get unlimited surfing data .they kepp on increasing our bill and dont give us the speed ..............this is my heartly request to consumer court that please take action towards airtel..thank you

ANITA64 Guest

Default Smart bytes fraud in greater noida

I too am a victim of this smartbytes fraud.I have noticed that in the past all my 10GB of data gets used in 2 days while I have not downloaded anything So i called 121 and told them to disconnect my connection.But they kept calling me and gave all kinds of offers and asked me to continue the connection.
    So I agreed and reduced my data from 10GB to 5GB. Now I get charged 25 GB smart bytes and I have not done this .I have been repeatedly callingup the airtel nos..but they say we cant do anything..and put my call on hold.I have told them i will not pay the money charged for this 25GB but there is no response.
    I want to sue airtel for this fraud and the mental trauma it is causing me..
    NEW USERS PLEASE BEWARE AIRTEL CHEATS ITS CUSTOMERS..We are the victims..DONT SAY WE DIDNT WARN YOU..
    AIRTEL CHEATS ..CHEATS..Its them or their marketing representatives...

Last Post: 02-07-2014, 11:05 AM
  2. Fraud airtel dth
    By ajaya_bhusan_nath in forum Direct To Home (DTH)
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 09:22 AM