Employees State Insurance Corporation
This is a discussion on Employees State Insurance Corporation within the Insurance forums, part of the Financial Services category; Consumer Complaint No: 186/2008 Date of presentation: 14.11.2008 Date of decision: 06/11/2009 Smt. Sushila Devi W/O late Shri Ram Narain, ...
- 01-30-2010, 12:12 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Employees State Insurance Corporation
Consumer Complaint No: 186/2008
Date of presentation: 14.11.2008
Date of decision: 06/11/2009
Smt. Sushila Devi W/O late Shri Ram Narain,
Resident of B-2/144, Nand Nagri (Block B-2),
1. M/S Birla Textiles Mills Baddi,
Tehsil Nalagarh, District Solan, H.P.
2. The Employees State Insurance Corporation,
ESI Hospital, Parwanoo, Tehsil Kasauli,
District Solan, H.P. through its Regional Director.
For the complainant: Mr. J.S. Parmar, Advocate.
For the Opposite Parties: Exparte.
O R D E R:
Sureshwar Thakur (District Judge) President:- The instant complaint has been filed by the complainant, by invoking the provisions of Section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. The complainant avers, that, her deceased husband Shri Ram Narain was employed with the OP No.1, who was covered under the Employees State Insurance Scheme, with the OP No.2, hence, was entitled for all benefits, provided under the Employees State Insurance Act. It is averred that on, 21.11.2007, the deceased aforesaid received multiple injuries, while he was discharging his duty, as a result of which, he met his end. Thereafter, the complainant being her nominee, lodged the claim with the OPs regarding release of pension and other benefits, but the OPs, did nothing in the matter. Hence, it is averred that there is apparent deficiency in service on the part of the OPs and accordingly relief to the extent as detailed in the relief clause be awarded in favour of the complainant.
2. The notices of this complaint was issued to the OPs, who failed to put in appearance before this Forum, hence, was ordered to be proceeded against exparte, vide order dated 20.01.2009.
3. Thereafter, the complainant adduced evidence, by way of affidavits, and, documents in support of her contention.
4. We have heard the learned counsel for the complainant at length and have also thoroughly scanned the entire record of the case.
5. The complainant, is, aggrieved by the act of the OPs, in not releasing her pension and other benefits, arising out of sudden demise of her husband, who was working with the OP No.1, and duly insured with the OP No.2 under Employees State Insurance Scheme. Though, the OPs, have not contested the complaint, despite their service through registered letter, yet, before proceeding further with this complaint, it has to be determined first, that the complaint filed by the complainant, under Consumer Protection Act, 1986, against the OPs, is, maintainable or not. Since, Section 75(3) of the Employees State Insurance Act, 1948, debars the jurisdiction of this Forum, to entertain and try the present complaint, in view of the existence of ESI Act, a special Act, therefore, we are not in a position to go into the controversy raised by the complainant before us, in this complaint. Hence, the only remedy available to the complainant, is, to, approach to ESI court for appropriate redressal of her grievances, if any. Ordered accordingly. No order as to the costs. The learned counsel for the complainant undertook to collect the certified copy of this order from the office, free of cost, as per rules, whereas, a certified copy of this order shall be sent to the OPs, through UPC. The file after due completion, be consigned to record room.Regards,
Click here to Become Premium Member
- 03-12-2013, 05:22 AM #2Unregistered Guest
I have a complain agaist ESI (Employees state insurance). they have put illegal charges on us.
My father used to have a firm and 10-14 labours. he insured all of them in year 1999 after 2 years the firm got closed. my father forgot to close the ESI (Neither any of our labour used it). my dad suffered from a dieases and after couple of years. he Deceased.
Now March/2013, we got a inspector from ESI at our house claming that we owe sum of rupees 60000/- to them and ask to pay it within 20 days. we tried to make him understand that we didnt live with our father and we are unable to pay this. he left my giving some legal documents in which it shows or arresting head of the family member.
Please suggest what to do.
- By admin in forum JudgmentsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2010, 05:18 PM
- By adv.singh in forum Other Product and ServicesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2010, 12:12 PM
- By Sidhant in forum LoanReplies: 0Last Post: 09-11-2009, 08:20 PM
- By Sidhant in forum JudgmentsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-01-2009, 02:20 PM
- By Sidhant in forum JudgmentsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-31-2009, 11:42 AM