No hotel room in Srinagar booked through Cleartrip
This is a discussion on No hotel room in Srinagar booked through Cleartrip within the Hotels forums, part of the Food And Drink category; I have written the following mail to Cleartrip which is self explanatory which is self explanatory. Cleartrip has not tendered ...
- 12-05-2011, 10:45 PM #1unregistered Guest
No hotel room in Srinagar booked through Cleartrip
I have written the following mail to Cleartrip which is self explanatory which is self explanatory. Cleartrip has not tendered any apology for failing to redress the problem. I now adequate compensation for the harassment meted out to us in Srinagar.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Subject: Denial of check-in in Hotel Sunshine, Srinagar booked through Cleartrip
Cleartrip Booking Reference : Trip Id 1109250349
Kindly refer to the above subject and Trip Id No. 1109250349
(1) I had booked hotel accommodation for myself and my family (Myself, my wife and son of 61/2 years) for 06.10.2011 in Hotel Sunshine in Srinagar through Cleartrip on 25.09.2011 on making full payment.
(2) On 06.10.2011, at about 06.05 p.m., after a tiring day trip to Gulmarg, we arrived to the reception of Hotel Sunshine in Srinagar. To my surprise, I was told by the reception that there was no booking for us in the hotel. On my insistence, the person in the reception connected me to the Manager who rudely, not only denied any booking but also told me that they did not have any dealings with Cleartrip. Going a step further of his mis-behaviour, he shouted at me and told me to go wherever I had made the payment to.
(3) I then contacted to their General Manager who told that there was a booking for us. However, as the previous occupant did not leave the room, it would not be possible to accommodate us in Hotel Sunshine. He informed that we would be accommodated in their sister concern Hotel Duke.
Even though the GM confirmed about the booking over phone, no record was available about my booking in Hotel Sunshine. Does it indicate any underhand dealings ?
(4) As advised by the GM of Hotel Sunshine, we went to Hotel Duke. One of the personnel from Hotel Sunshine accompanied us. Leaving us in the courtyard of the hotel, this person went to the Reception of Hotel Duke. But he was not turning up. We were sitting inside our hired car. Mind that after the full day’s journey, my child was too tired and exhausted. Both myself and my wife were also no less tired. After waiting for about half an hour, I went to the Reception, but no one was ready to give the correct position. What I could get there was that Hotel Duke was also not giving us the accommodation.
(5) I then contacted Cleartrip. One Ms. Aksha (Spelling may not be correct) took the line and advised me to wait for sometime so that she could take up the matter with concerned official of Cleartrip. After about ten minutes, I rang her again to be told that she had taken up with concerned official.
(6) I also contacted the GM of Hotel Sunshine again who informed that he was sending his brother to Hotel Duke.
(7) I then contacted Cleartrip again. It was one Mr. Juben there. Ms. Aksha was missing from the same number. I had to explain all the details to Mr. Juben again. He also asked for some time. When I rang him again, he told that one Mr. Shahnwaz was coming to Hotel Duke to sort out the problem. We were waiting. Time passed by. There was no sign of the brother of the GM of Hotel Sunshine, nor the emissary from Cleartrip Mr. Shahnwaz.
(8) I tried to contact Cleartrip in desperation. This time it was Mr. Sachin. He asked me to explain my problem once again. It was enough for me. However, I described him the situation briefly. He also asked for some time.
(9) No one turned up for our help. I once again tried to contact Cleartrip. And I was not surprised that no one picked up the line. It appeared that everyone fled the office to leave the problem to the hapless customer.
(10) I realized that there was no point in waiting in Hotel Duke. My wife and my little son were unable to sit any more. We left the Hotel Duke exactly at 08.20 p.m. in search of an unknown hotel. We had to go from hotel to hotel to finally find an accommodation at about 10.00 p.m.
Having explained the torture faced by me and my family due to Cleartrip, who have not bothered to check properly about the booking, nor was able to take corrective action when it was deserved the most, but left the problem to the customer, I demand the following from Cleartrip urgently.
(1) Unconditional apology from the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Executive Officer of Cleartrip for the suffering meted out to us; and
(2) Immediate refund of the booking amount without any deduction whatsoever
I give Cleartrip one clear week time failing which I will have to take next course of action.
Please Note :
For booking of hotel accommodation as well as air tickets (Refer Trip Id 11091211357, 11091212657, 1109250349, 11093012297, 11093012642 & 11093012734), I used my official e-mail address. From next mail onwards, I will use my personal e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Unregistered in forum HotelsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-14-2011, 02:02 PM
- By Anchal Rastogi in forum JudgmentsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-03-2011, 10:10 PM
- By Anchal Rastogi in forum Product And ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:31 PM
- By Sureshraghav in forum HotelsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-06-2010, 11:53 PM
- By Unregistered in forum HotelsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-06-2010, 12:01 AM