Thread: Fraudious selling of membership by Royal Resort, ( Karma Group) Goa (India)

Naveen C is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2010

Default Fraudious selling of membership by Royal Resort, ( Karma Group) Goa (India)

Name:  Royal-Resorts.jpg
    I stayed Royal Resorts, RGBC, Benaulim, Goa (India) with my family for 4 days starting from 13th March, 2010 under their promotional package. The last day, I attended a session with their marketing executive, Ms. Rupal. This girl made all sorts of false claims about the offer, which looked quite okay to me though I wanted some time before taking the final decision. As insisted by them, it was only the “TODAY’S” offer, thereby forcing me to finally buy the membership (Purchase Agreement RIHC1 / 160310/6828).

Later, when I did some research about the membership features; I started realizing a lot of false promises about the offer. Some of them are as below:

1. Contrary to their claim, a number of Royal properties do not have kitchenette as a unit amenity. Resorts that have kitchenette issues are;

• Royal Bali Beach club at Jimbaran, Indonesia ( MK available only for T1)
    • Royal Reef Resort at gili meno, Indonesia ( MK not available)
    • Royal Lighthouse villas at boat lagoon, Phuket, Thailand (MK available only for T2)
    • Royal bella vista country club, Thailand (MK available only for T2)
    • K2 at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur ( MK not available)

The kitchenette issue is even more serious in case of GAP resorts; few of them do not have any such facility at all. Refer below to name a few of them;

• Sagar holiday resorts, Ooty
    • Fort Chanwa Luni, Jodhpur
    • Toshali royal view, Shimla
    • Cambay sapphire, Ahmedabad
    • Cambay Spa Resort, @@@@hinagar and many more

We were explained that each of the property to which members have access to, essentially comprises kitchenette as a unit amenity. It is apparent from the above list that at various places kitchenette is provided exclusively only for a particular apartment category (T2), which might not be appropriate for some family size like mine (2 adults). So, practically it can be deduced that kitchenette facility is not uniformly available at all the royal resorts, which contradicts your claims.

2. The class of property that we experienced at RGBC, Royal palms and Haathi Mahal appears mere a showcase of the standards offered under the membership plan. However, other properties under GAP arrangement do not match with the standards of RGBC at Royal Palms.

For example, Sterling resorts, Manali offers a different accommodation under T1 (one bedroom) category. It does not have a separate bedroom, but a curtain partition instead to isolate living section with the bed.

Now, when I evaluate the whole promotional exercise by RGBC, it appears only an attempt by RGBC to display their best properties to the potential clients, whereas the other properties are falling short of in quality by huge amounts.

It was quite disturbing for us to know about certain facts, which appears to deviate from the claims made by them. I am aware that the decision was ours, but it was entirely based on certain claims and commitments made by them. We were only able to go through these details once we signed the papers and a docket was handed over to us, comprising of some fine details.

This was quite a shock for me as I could not expect such a reputed looking company doing the kind of cheating and fraud. I tried to contact this girl Rupal and later to the Sales office through mail and phone, asking for a refund of Rs. 13000 paid towards the membership fee. It was quite ironic that despite my repeated mails and calls, there were no efforts made by RGBC to even respond to my complaints.

This was definitely an eye opener for me and now when the company is not bothered about my complaint, I am looking for some relief through consumer forums like this before I exercise my legal rights.

RGBC Office address:
    Royal Goan Beach Club –at Haathi Mahal
    Cavelossim, Mobor, Salcette, Goa 403 731, India
    Customer Service Goa: +91 (832) 2871661, +91 (832) 2875261 - 64
    Fax: 0832 2871667
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fraudious selling of membership by Royal Resort, ( Karma Group) Goa (India)-royal-resorts.jpg

Post Royal india resort are cheaters

Royal India resorts are cheaters ..they are cheating people ..request every one to be aware of them..

Exclamation What is fraudulent here?

Quote Originally Posted by Naveen C View Post

• Royal Bali Beach club at Jimbaran, Indonesia ( MK available only for T1)
    • Royal Reef Resort at gili meno, Indonesia ( MK not available)
    • Royal bella vista country club, Thailand (MK available only for T2)
    • K2 at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur ( MK not available)

• Sagar holiday resorts, Ooty

Cavelossim, Mobor, Salcette, Goa 403 731, India
    Customer Service Goa: +91 (832) 2871661, +91 (832) 2875261 - 64
    Fax: 0832 2871667
    Naveen,

I do not understand what is fraudulent here? There are no Kitchens? Or standards are different in the affiliates? There is a saying that not all 5 fingers are same, you may want to sit down and understand that no two companies will have similar resorts. For that matter every company will have different types of resorts in their own profile. I have attended a presentation with them and am considering taking the membership. I do not mind if there are no kitchens in some of their properties as I do not want my wife to cook while she is on a holiday and seeing the pictures of Ratan Havelie, I dont think a kitchen will do justice to a property like that. I also understand that in a 2-3 hour presentation, the representative will be able to tell me everything I want to know about the company and its policies. I am happy about the product and what you have mentioned on this complaint, I am unable to see why one needs to cancel. When you say that GAP resorts are lower in standard then I would like to tell you that you are wrong in stating that they are bad as Royal resorts Hathi Mahal is nothing compared to a Sun City in South Africa or the Allen House club or the Sheraton Vistana....

What is it about people that we like to shout out about negatives and ignore mentioning the positive? I came online with an open mind thinking that I may find some negatives, and I read a lot about people who were angry, but what about....? Majority of the people were crying about the presentation...I saw very few people saying something about the product and then I found you...Naveen...Tell me how they broke their contract and promises and I may not buy....

A honest and stupid consumer! (Like we all consumers are)
    Shailesh

the cheapest of resorts. Fraud peaple be aware

Last Post: 11-11-2013, 07:25 AM
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 10:43 AM
  4. Vishv Karma Machine Tools
    By Sidhant in forum Judgments
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 12:53 PM
  5. Case Against Royal Enfield (India)
    By Ishtiaque in forum Two Wheeler