Thread: Fraudious selling of membership by Royal Resort, ( Karma Group) Goa (India)

Naveen C is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2010

Default Fraudious selling of membership by Royal Resort, ( Karma Group) Goa (India)

Name:  Royal-Resorts.jpg
    I stayed Royal Resorts, RGBC, Benaulim, Goa (India) with my family for 4 days starting from 13th March, 2010 under their promotional package. The last day, I attended a session with their marketing executive, Ms. Rupal. This girl made all sorts of false claims about the offer, which looked quite okay to me though I wanted some time before taking the final decision. As insisted by them, it was only the “TODAY’S” offer, thereby forcing me to finally buy the membership (Purchase Agreement RIHC1 / 160310/6828).

Later, when I did some research about the membership features; I started realizing a lot of false promises about the offer. Some of them are as below:

1. Contrary to their claim, a number of Royal properties do not have kitchenette as a unit amenity. Resorts that have kitchenette issues are;

• Royal Bali Beach club at Jimbaran, Indonesia ( MK available only for T1)
    • Royal Reef Resort at gili meno, Indonesia ( MK not available)
    • Royal Lighthouse villas at boat lagoon, Phuket, Thailand (MK available only for T2)
    • Royal bella vista country club, Thailand (MK available only for T2)
    • K2 at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur ( MK not available)

The kitchenette issue is even more serious in case of GAP resorts; few of them do not have any such facility at all. Refer below to name a few of them;

• Sagar holiday resorts, Ooty
    • Fort Chanwa Luni, Jodhpur
    • Toshali royal view, Shimla
    • Cambay sapphire, Ahmedabad
    • Cambay Spa Resort, @@@@hinagar and many more

We were explained that each of the property to which members have access to, essentially comprises kitchenette as a unit amenity. It is apparent from the above list that at various places kitchenette is provided exclusively only for a particular apartment category (T2), which might not be appropriate for some family size like mine (2 adults). So, practically it can be deduced that kitchenette facility is not uniformly available at all the royal resorts, which contradicts your claims.

2. The class of property that we experienced at RGBC, Royal palms and Haathi Mahal appears mere a showcase of the standards offered under the membership plan. However, other properties under GAP arrangement do not match with the standards of RGBC at Royal Palms.

For example, Sterling resorts, Manali offers a different accommodation under T1 (one bedroom) category. It does not have a separate bedroom, but a curtain partition instead to isolate living section with the bed.

Now, when I evaluate the whole promotional exercise by RGBC, it appears only an attempt by RGBC to display their best properties to the potential clients, whereas the other properties are falling short of in quality by huge amounts.

It was quite disturbing for us to know about certain facts, which appears to deviate from the claims made by them. I am aware that the decision was ours, but it was entirely based on certain claims and commitments made by them. We were only able to go through these details once we signed the papers and a docket was handed over to us, comprising of some fine details.

This was quite a shock for me as I could not expect such a reputed looking company doing the kind of cheating and fraud. I tried to contact this girl Rupal and later to the Sales office through mail and phone, asking for a refund of Rs. 13000 paid towards the membership fee. It was quite ironic that despite my repeated mails and calls, there were no efforts made by RGBC to even respond to my complaints.

This was definitely an eye opener for me and now when the company is not bothered about my complaint, I am looking for some relief through consumer forums like this before I exercise my legal rights.

RGBC Office address:
    Royal Goan Beach Club –at Haathi Mahal
    Cavelossim, Mobor, Salcette, Goa 403 731, India
    Customer Service Goa: +91 (832) 2871661, +91 (832) 2875261 - 64
    Fax: 0832 2871667
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fraudious selling of membership by Royal Resort, ( Karma Group) Goa (India)-royal-resorts.jpg

Post Royal india resort are cheaters

Royal India resorts are cheaters ..they are cheating people ..request every one to be aware of them..

Exclamation What is fraudulent here?

Quote Originally Posted by Naveen C View Post

• Royal Bali Beach club at Jimbaran, Indonesia ( MK available only for T1)
    • Royal Reef Resort at gili meno, Indonesia ( MK not available)
    • Royal bella vista country club, Thailand (MK available only for T2)
    • K2 at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur ( MK not available)

• Sagar holiday resorts, Ooty

Cavelossim, Mobor, Salcette, Goa 403 731, India
    Customer Service Goa: +91 (832) 2871661, +91 (832) 2875261 - 64
    Fax: 0832 2871667
    Naveen,

I do not understand what is fraudulent here? There are no Kitchens? Or standards are different in the affiliates? There is a saying that not all 5 fingers are same, you may want to sit down and understand that no two companies will have similar resorts. For that matter every company will have different types of resorts in their own profile. I have attended a presentation with them and am considering taking the membership. I do not mind if there are no kitchens in some of their properties as I do not want my wife to cook while she is on a holiday and seeing the pictures of Ratan Havelie, I dont think a kitchen will do justice to a property like that. I also understand that in a 2-3 hour presentation, the representative will be able to tell me everything I want to know about the company and its policies. I am happy about the product and what you have mentioned on this complaint, I am unable to see why one needs to cancel. When you say that GAP resorts are lower in standard then I would like to tell you that you are wrong in stating that they are bad as Royal resorts Hathi Mahal is nothing compared to a Sun City in South Africa or the Allen House club or the Sheraton Vistana....

What is it about people that we like to shout out about negatives and ignore mentioning the positive? I came online with an open mind thinking that I may find some negatives, and I read a lot about people who were angry, but what about....? Majority of the people were crying about the presentation...I saw very few people saying something about the product and then I found you...Naveen...Tell me how they broke their contract and promises and I may not buy....

A honest and stupid consumer! (Like we all consumers are)
    Shailesh

the cheapest of resorts. Fraud peaple be aware

Thumbs down Royal group resort goa

I purchased this time sharing basis travel / tour plan after a demonstration of royal executive. They say so many things which at latter stage found flase. None of their promise kept from their side. It's a fraud buisness model and surprising still they are continuing to make people fool. They compare themselves from club mahindra but they are very far from club mahindra. All time they will keep you confuse and waiting for their response. U cann't do any booking online. They communicate on phone which has no standing later. They keep u so confuse that u won't be able to make any certain plan. They are big fraud. Stay away from them.

soulsearcher is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2012

Dear Unregistered guest with posting above on 1st June 2014.

The Karma Royal Group have been established in India now for 20 years and are MOST CONCERNED when a member is not happy for ANY reason. Please note they DO NOT run a fraud model of business as you suggest.

With benefits increasing for members on a regular basis however, many members lose track of the best ways to work the club system to their best advantage. The Odyssey Navigators are there to help you with this.

If you (or any other members) are having difficulty or issues with your membership please contact us immediately at the office number +91 832 672 5201/09 or email us at odysseyindia@odysseypremier.com. and speak to the Manager.

Should wish me to assist in this matter ( I am a consultant for the group) please email me to webchecker@royalperspective.comon some occasions memebers become confused as to the best way to operate within their memebership. All members of the Karma Royal Group of companies are valued and we would want to communicate directly with you to establish any issues you have as well as help you to overcome them.

Susan webchecker@royalperspective.com

palasim70@yahoo.co.in Guest

Default for transparency in booking

Please you arrange the booking availability which we the member can see on net before booking and also we can book the same on net by login.
    With regards
    Asim Pal

palasim70@yahoo.co.in Guest

Default for transparency in booking

With regards
    Asim Pal

Default Fraud Karma Royal group

Mine is an issue not with much money at stake but i want to teach a lesson to the representatives of the company. I got an offer from representatives of Karma Royal group who offered me 3 nights 4 days stay at their Resorts at very competitive prices since it was a promotional offer. Since i was already fooled by Country Club earlier, i was extra cautious. I told them i wanted 2 rooms at the promotional price provided i got dates i wanted. They assured me for booking in Kerala on 1-4th nov. After their assurance, i paid 8000 Rs for 2 rooms. As soon as payment was made, there was no receipt or call received. After a few days, when i enquired about the booking they said dates were not available.
    When i asked for refund, they asked for my bank details but since them i'm following up for refund. Now they have stopped responding to my calls.
    I want to teach a lesson to these guys so they don't keep fooling more people.

Satyendra singh shekhawat Guest

Default find job

I wanna a good job og royal group

1. India Today Book Club; a fraud organisation of India Today Group
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 10:43 AM
  4. Vishv Karma Machine Tools
    By Sidhant in forum Judgments
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 12:53 PM
  5. Case Against Royal Enfield (India)
    By Ishtiaque in forum Two Wheeler