Thread: Complaint against Kokilaben Hospital and negligence of Doctor

htarap is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2009

Thumbs down Complaint against Kokilaben Hospital and negligence of Doctor

I am extremely pained to write this letter, my surprise is now turning into a belief that Kokilaben Hospital is not concerned about patient's plight and only worried about revenue generation for the hospital as the infrastructure is large and there has to be a road map to recover infrastructure cost.
    My mother was admitted on the 21st of june 2009 for a knee repalcement surgery ( surgery done by Dr. Niraj Vora)of her right knee. The payment of Rs 1,65000.00 was made and she was discharged on the 27th of june. She returned on the 7th of july to remove her stitches when Dr. Neeraj Vora (Treating Doctor) saw that the wound had not healed and advised her to return every alternate day to check on her progress. On the 9th of july two small puncture like wounds were noticed and on the 11th when it was found that the wounds were bigger, Dr Vora advised an "infected wound surgery" with hospitalization for 3 days. The operation was done on the 13th of july and she was actualy discharged after 15 long days.
    However the wound has not healed. My mother underwent 2 surgeries at Kokilaben hospital and she was discharged with the wound not healed, but with the assurance by the treating doctor that it is healing, and with the continuation of the intraveinous injections to heal in due course of time(the course is of 45 days,and each injection costs approximately Rs2500/.).
    My mother was admitted again to nursing home for viral fever and loss of blood, the cause being the infection. I have again consulted Doctor’s who have recommended immediate revision surgery. Most of the Doctors have commented that this infection is a complicated case and can be “limb or life threatening”, whereas the treating Doctor from Kokilaben Hospital repeatedly confirmed no cause to worry and advised us to take time to do the next surgery as long as 2-3 months. This seems extremely misleading to the patient and the family.
    What I did not appreciate about your Hospital: On knowledge of infection, there should have been speedy action taken to rectify or remove the infection, more transparency suggesting that the hospital or the Doctors are not equipped to handle such complicated case. Because of the hospital’s inexperience in handling infected cases my mother has been in threat since 13-Jul-09 till date
    Delay in providing communication and appropriate treatment in spite of us following up with the Hospital on our grievance
    Trauma suffered by my family : Psychologically my mother has given up hopes to walk, to an extend to live life and she is in constant pain on the fact that there is an infection in her body , she has been operated twice and there will be further how many surgeries now to rectify the same one does not know. Our family has been completely traumatized by false advises from the Hospital and this has made us to suffer mentally and financially. My father is a worried man he is retired (65 years old) and therefore has tight financial situation, the expenses incurred so far has been out of budget (for no fault of us) and further expense would actually leave us with no money in hand for any further emergencies,
    Please note the money spent so far as per records in Kokilaben Hospital and post operation – Rs.752000/- and a further estimated cost is around Rs.500000/- plus post operation expenses for New Knee Replacement - Total expenditure estimated is of Rs.10 lacs to Rs.15 lacs
    My decision wef 3-Oct-09, since I was totally dissatisfied with the services provided by the Hospital and left with no alternatives, but to see other Doctors who are providing better services after proper diagnosis I have disassociated my mother’s case with Kokilaben Hospital.
    Now my mother has gone through the 3rd Operation at Lilavati Hospital , again continuing 45 days of intraveinous injections course to heal the infection.
    The fourth operation is pending and has been recommended between Jan 2010 – Feb 2010
    STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO PEOPLE RESIDING IN MUMBAI.. DO NOT VISIT KOKILABEN HOSPITAL FOR ANY TREATMENT, IF YOU DO , AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    Please assist me in :
    1. Legal action against the hospital and Claims for all the expenses towards the treatment of my mother
    2. Action against the treating Dr. Niraj Vora (treating Doctor)

Rgd,
    H. Tarapore

htarap is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2009

hello moderator, I seek your advise in filing a case against the doctor and the hospital......await your reply on the same

Collect all the document related to the surgery, like report, bill and all the documents, consult with some other doctor who is specialized in the same field. And if any doctor can explain/prove the negligence in the treatment then contact us again.

For a common man its very hard to prove the negligence in treatment, so before filing case in the consumer forum we suggest you to do same home work, this will strengthen your case.
    Admin,

** PMs asking me for support will be deleted unless I've asked you to PM me with additional details **

nazir noor mohmmed shaikh Guest

Default my 5 month cheld hes hurt porblum

bhai yah garib log ki madadt nahi karta hai hospitel very very costely hospitel

Default Negligence

The reception at Kokilaben just puts people on hold for 15-20 mins with no response.
    This is a joke in the name of medical care.

Last Post: 02-03-2014, 02:48 AM