Thread: Overcharging by Whirlpool of India Ltd for product OLP Flat Type THK1340 (Small FIN)

Arun Kumar Nanda is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2011

Default Overcharging by Whirlpool of India Ltd for product OLP Flat Type THK1340 (Small FIN)

I had registered a complaint no. GB0811001035 with Whirlpool Customer care on 3rd August 2011 for a problem related with my Whirlpool Refrigerator. Subsequently, the Engineer named Mr. Vipin Singh visited my residence for attending to my complaint. He replaced a part called OLP Flat Type THK 1340 (Small FIN) and charged Rs. 750/- besides a service charge of Rs. 285/-. He issued a receipt also to this effect. I had no reason to disbelieve the Engineer particularly on the product price as he was deputed by the company authorised service centre.

However, after he left, I noticed that the MRP of the part OLP Flat Type THK1340(Small FIN) replaced, as printed on the product label pasted on its packet was a mere Rs. 56.00 only. I felt cheated and befooled. I immediately contacted the no. 9212557415 from which the Engineer had earlier called be before coming to my residence. One Mr. Ketan responded to my call and I was told that this no. belonged to whirlpool service centre. On explaining the matter of this overcharging to the service centre, to my utter surprise, I was told that the prices printed on the labels are wrong and the correct charge for this product is Rs. 750/- as charged from me and I can verify the same from company's branch office if I so desire. Accordingly, I sent my complaint to the company's complaint portal email ID helpdeskindia@whirlpool.com. I even forwarded the mail to company's CMD Mr. Arvind Uppal's email ID arvind.uppal@whirlpool.com. I also further followed up with the company's customer care department on 5th August 2011 and was told the same thing that the correct price is Rs. 750/- and not Rs. 56.00 as printed on the product label. I requested to the customer care department to register a complaint of this overcharging by the company's service centre which the executives named Anubhav and Kishore Kaloni refused to register and instead I gave me the contact no. 0120-6480794 of branch coordinator Mr. Anil Kumar. Mr. Anil Kumar was not forthcoming in the office on this number and I was told that I should try this number after 12.00 'O' clock. His mobile no. 9289959109 as given by the customer care department was also reported to be out of service. There is no response from helpdeskindia@whirlpool.com as well as arvind.uppal@whirlpool.com with which I had registered a detailed complaint earlier on 4th August 2011. You can well understand the plight of consumer if the company representatives themselves start casting aspersions on the genuineness of the prices printed on their products.I have no option but to knock the doors of consumer court forum with a hope to have a satisfactory resolution of my grievance at their level.

Default Purushottam Sinha

I've purchased a whirlpool washing machine from Bhagalpur Bihar
    Washing Machine Serial No is INF103608666
    and we've informed to the service centre on dated 31/01/2013 Complain
    No PT0113006269
    but still there is no response from your call centre or service centre
    So please I request you to solve the problem as soon as possible so
    that our trust at your company
    should be the good as it was earlier

Thanking You

and hope we will get the problem solved very soon

Last Post: 05-04-2011, 02:48 PM