Thread: Club Mahindra Selling holidays to non-members and the members are kept waiting for the bookings

Jan 2013

Default Club Mahindra Selling holidays to non-members and the members are kept waiting for the bookings

I am a Club Mahindra member since 2008. I hold a Studio in the White Season. Recently, I had tried booking some holidays in the some of their resorts, but I could not get the booking since the rooms were full. When I tried to book the holidays through Travel agents in the same resorts, I could get the booking in the Club Mahindra Resorts. When the complaint was raised, I was told that only minimum % of rooms are set for the non-member reservations and that in off season when there is less demand for rooms from members. However that is not the case, I could get the booking in some of their premium resorts during the peak seasons April and May. I have raised complaint asking them to reveal their policy on selling the rooms to non-members and there is no proper response on this.

Effectively, they are collecting hefty amounts from members as membership fee claiming that they are providing inflation free holidays for 25 years and then they collect annual fee on the name of maintenance fee which increases 10% every year. And when it comes to reserving the rooms, most often we do not get reservation for the resorts we are looking for, whereas we can book the rooms in the same resorts through outside travel agents. This is outright cheating.

Also, once a member is enrolled there is no cancellation policy for the membership.

Could you please help in filing a case against Club Mahindra so that it mends its ways and the members are not cheated in this way.

Srinivas

clubmahindra is offline Senior Member
    Nov 2009

Hi Srinivas,

We are truly sorry for the unpleasant experiences you have faced and can assure you this is not typical of our staff. Having read your comments, as an organization, we are keen on understanding your concerns and resolve them promptly. We request you to please provide us with your contact details at The Listening Post on Facebook | Facebook. Look forward to hearing from you at the earliest.

Warm Regards,
    Club Mahindra Team

Jan 2013

This is the standard post that I have seen from Club Mahindra whenever the complaint is made in the public forum. I had posted my contact details on the Listening post and also raised a complaint on the feedback mail ID provided by Club Mahindra and no one from CM was interested in understanding the concern and the issues. Now that the steps have been taken to raise it in court and raise the issues in the public forum, CM is very much concerned about understanding and addressing the concerns of its members?

clubmahindra is offline Senior Member
    Nov 2009

Hi Srinivas,

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Club Mahindra as an organization is always keen on understanding and resolving any concerns put forth by our members and the organization always strives to do so promptly. We have sourced your contact details and the same has been forwarded it to the concerned team on an urgent basis.

Warm Regards,
    Club Mahindra Team

Jan 2013

I am getting different versions from different Club Mahindra relationship officers. Initially, I was told, holidays will not be sold to non-members during peak seasons and some travel agents might be making guest bookings on behalf of Club Mahindra members who would be selling their holidays. Then he mentioned about some dates which are guest block out dates and other than members no one would be able to make booking during those days. When I showed evidence that I could get booking during the guest blockout dates, then there is no response to that.

When I reminded them that I am still waiting for their response, then one Mr. Balasubramaniam who claims himself as customer relationship manager had called me yesterday. He says that Club mahindra sells holidays to non-members during the peak season but only when there is no demand from members. When a non-member could make a reservation 3 months in advance, how on earth club mahindra is deciding that there is not enough demand from members.

When I asked how do they determine that there is no demand from members, 3 months in advance and what percentage of the total inventory is given to the non-members,
    One lame and stupid response that I got is, since I am member relationship officer, I do not know what percentage of the total holidays is given to the non-members. Always, there is one stupid statement that we care for our members. Probably, one word is missing in that. They are really interested and care for their prospective members. Once they enroll a member, they do not care much about them since they have extracted all the money that they can extract and every year they will get ASF irrespective of whether the holidays are used by the members or not.

whenever, I have asked them to provide response in writing, they have just evaded my question and stopped responding to my mails. WHAT A WAY TO TREAT THE CUSTOMERS AFTER LOOTING THEM OF THEIR MONEY. I am consulting an advocate this week to take an opinion on how I can sue these cheaters. Has anyone ran into similar issues with Club Mahindra ?

Here are the responses I received from Rajesh and my response to them

Thank you for sparing your valuable time when we contacted you.
    It was a pleasure speaking to you.

While we would say that we allot bare minimal percentage( 5 to 10 %) to Non Members in the Non Peak Season based on the occupancy of the resort. But let me assure you that None of the rooms are allotted to Non Member when there is a demand.

As being a Member from 2008 you would know that Guest reservations is an added privilege wherein Member can gift their holidays to their friends or relatives during any season. This might be the reason for Non Members being in our resorts in Red and Purple Season. However we would like to inform you that we have restricted the guest reservations during long weekends and festival dates in increase the opportunity of our Members to avail holiday during this season. We have mentioned the Guest block out dates for your reference:

Trust we have been able to address your concern and do revert to us for any further assistance.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Do revert to us for further assistance.
    Warm regards,
    Rajesh Kumar. B
    Member relations | Club Mahindra Holidays

My response showing them that I could get the booking during the guest block out dates. After this no written communication from them. Now it is 11 days after my mail and no one has even bothered to respond.

Hi Rajesh

Thank you for taking time to explain about the policy of selling out holidays to non-members and providing me with the details about the Guest Block out dates. That was useful, But surprisingly one of my friends have got the following quotation for the CM Coorg resort from 18th April to 23rd April (which is supposed to be Guest Block out Dates) and as per the conversation that we had this evening, you have mentioned that all types of rooms are set aside for the members during the peak season. But, how is that a non-member got this quotation for one of the prime properties of Club mahindra during the peak season. Could you please try to come with a convincing explanation / reasoning for this ?

I was told by my friend that this quotation was received from a well known travel agency. So, I would assume that they might have approached Club Mahindra through established channels rather than taking the bookings through any of the alternate channels.

I find it bemusing that everytime Club Mahindra offers some explanation, there is evidence to counter that explanation. Probably this would be my last communication at this level. I think, I will have to go via different channels to extract the correct answers from Club Mahindra. There needs to be transparency in the way things are working, and probably it would be brought by raising these issues at the right forums.

Jan 2013

After my last response to Club Mahindra, showing that whatever they have mentioned is untrue and a non-member can still get a holiday in their resorts during the peak season and that too during the guest block out dates, at the cost of the members, there is no response.

Met an advocate over the weekend, working on the paper work to proceed with filing a complaint so that other consumers such as me do not get trapped.

parmarlegalism is offline Senior Member
    Aug 2012

Dear Client,

We provide consultancy on “Refund of Club Mahindra Membership Amount

We will help & guide you to get back your Membership Amount.

M/s. Parmar Legalism

3. club mahindra holidays and resort
    By dineshkumar58 in forum Product And Services
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 06:09 PM
  4. Binsar Holidays at Club Mahindra
    By shadilaldhall in forum Amusement park
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM