Thread: ndpl delhi

Address: 8/8 Block 41, Singh Sabha Road, 1st floor
    Behind Amba Cinema Delhi - 110007
    K. No: 35505072809
    Ph. No: 23821535, 9899671318, 9811807801

My regular monthly usage has been upto 800 units which amounted to less than Rs.3000 per month. In Feb 2009, I received a bill that said that my ‘bill has been stopped for review by quality control group and shall be sent to you soon’. In May I received a bill for Rs. 23430.00 with a usage of 4827 units. I had added no extra appliances in my house to increase my consumption to such rates, nor have I had any function of any sort which might add to my consumption (these were the possible reasons stated by the electricity department for my usage to have jumped to such proportions).

Since May 2009, I have been paying part payments according to my estimated usage with every bill that has increased to some extent since I installed an A/C in April 2009 (A copy of the bill is attached with all other papers). But an amount of 14,837.64 still remains due under dispute with NDPL.

I launched due complaints of a faulty meter/ Meter Jump with NDPL asking them to review that extra amount and correct the same. They in turn checked my meter and claim that there are no errors and that I am obliged to pay the full amount that I have not used the electricity for.

As per the bill given to me on 5 May 2009, my billing amount is in excess of 18,000.00 rupees (approximately) as compared to my regular usage for the past three years. According to their current arrears, I have already paid Rs. 3200.00 in part payments and am being asked to pay another Rs. 14837.00.
    My claim is that I have not used the amount of electricity that I have been unjustly charged for. NDPL has shrug the matter out of its hands by claiming that the meter has been checked and proved correct therefore the billed amount must be correct too. I am being penalized with an amount of R. 18000.00 (approx) for no fault of mine.

I read recently in the newspaper that I am not required to pay my bill in full if it is more that 50% in excess to my average bills. The bill I received is about 6 times my current bill. I shall be personally submitting copies of all the bills, my applications as well as replies/ notices served to me by NDPL at the consumer court along with this complaint letter.

Om Arora

Umesh Nandan Singh is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2009

Default Liquidition of wrong amounted bill

Umesh Nandan Singh
    C-1/60, Budh Vihar
    Phase – I, Delhi –86
    18 Dec 2009

LIQUIDITION OF WRONG AMOUNTED BILL

1. I, the undersigned an ex-serviceman is residing with my family on the above address since Jun 2005. I have purchased a piece of land measuring 100 yards from a land lord and started construction in Nov 2004. The construction was completed in May 2005 and thereafter, I shifted my family in Jun 2005. On 04 Jun 2005, I applied for electricity connection with NDPL and got the meter installed on 06 Jun 2005.
    2. On 28 Aug 09, I received a letter bearing No NDPL/File No EAC-27023/21133 dt 21/24 Aug 09 from Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell, Sector – 3, Rohini -85 and come to know that direct theft of energy has been lodged against Sh Nawal Kishore who is also a resident of C-1/60, Budh Vihar, Phase – I. In that letter, it was also said that a show cause notice dt 14 Jul 09 was also served to me giving the opportunity to pay the billed amount and personal appearance before the authorized officer in the Enforcement Assessment Cell on 06 Aug 09 between 2 pm to 5 pm to make any submission if I have. I personally met with Mr M S Grewal in the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell on 31 Aug 09 (AN) and informed about receipt of any such letter previously and also intimated that person named Nawal Kishore has never resided either with me or in my neighboring area, who in turn advised to give a written reply of the letter with a request for non transfer of theft billed amount to my meter. I submitted my reply to the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell on 01 Sep 09 and the reply was lodged against Diary No 2615 dt 01 Sep 09.

3. On 19 Oct 09, I received an electricity bill amounting to Rs 13,670/- which was required to pay by 03 Nov 09. I checked that bill in detail and found that the theft amount i.e. Rs 7,854/- is also included in my bill. I again rushed to the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell, where one of Mr Yadav (NDPL Official) suggested to submit a written application to the native electricity District Office with request to liquidate the amount as no one is empower to waive off the amount here. I submitted my application to The Manager, District Office NDPL, Mangolpuri on 21 Oct 09 and the application was registered vide their Diary No 1297. As the due date for bill payment was 03 Nov 09 and I had not received any reply so far, I mailed a complain to CGRF vide their registration No CGRF 006461 dt 14 Nov 09, who also not bothered to reply so far.

4. On 11 Dec 09 at 20.04, I received a call from Mr Nikhil who said to be an NDPL official through telephone No +91 11166111912 who ask me to pay the bill otherwise my connection will be disrupted. I explained the whole story to him and thereafter, he advised me to resolve the matter in consultation with NDPL District Office, Mangolpuri. On 14 Dec 09, at about 11.15 I visited NDPL District Office Mangolpuri where Mr Aniruddh Sinha gone through my case file and shown his inability to do anything and again directed me to the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell with a plea that he is the only authority to waive off the wrong adjusted amount being initiating authority. I then rushed to the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell and met Mr PL Grover, HOG in their office at about 14.45 on the same day. After explaining all the matter, the officer denied for any help and advised to pay 75% of the billed amount. He insisted me that he will refer a case for refund of wrong adjustment only thereafter. He also suggested me to ask the neighbor to share the amount as your plot would be more that 100 yards with the same No. While interacting with them, I came to know that the theft was caught in the year 2006 in a newly constructed building and photographs are kept with them.

5. I paid a sum of Rs 6,030/- on 14 Dec 09 against the said bill vide Bill desk transaction ref No MCIT 9124921292.

6. Now, I have the following to say :-

(a) As per normal rule, theft of other person can not be imposed to an innocent whether he is residing in their neighborhood or far flung.

(b) Being a disciplined ex serviceman, I think that a neighbors should never be indulge to look into personal day to day work of each other.

(c) I have no authority to check from the landlord that his piece of land is how long and to whom he is selling or keeping for himself.

(d) The case of direct theft of energy never taken place in my house hence I should not be penalize for the same.
    (e) I have completed my construction work in May 05 and thereafter no construction has taken place either side of my house hence I can not reveal that direct theft of electricity taken place in a newly constructed building on C – 1/60, Budh Vihar, Phase – I.
    (f) It is duty of NDPL officials to trace out the genuine person either with the help of police authority or their own sources and compel to pay the direct theft bill and not mine.
    (g) Moreover, I am not a beggar and having no authority to ask my neighbors to share the theft bill as advised by Mr PL Grover, HOG, NDPL.
    (h) Insisting for payment of 75% of theft bill will later became documentary proof that I/my family was involved in direct theft of energy whereas the officials should accept their own fault.
    (i) Name of a reputed company is being defamed by some culprits doing negligent work and harassing customers tirelessly. Hence, amount transferred to my bill should be waived off immediately and the officials should be punished either monetary or rigorously for harassing me as my compensation.
    7. Therefore, may I request your kind honour to consider the above matter and help me to resolve the issue at the earliest so that I could not face the compounding of amount and disconnection of my electricity in future.

With warm regards,
    Yours Sincerely,

Umesh Nandan Singh

adv.singh is offline Senior Member

Default Ndpl

Appeal no. FA-9/357

(Appeal against the order dated 01.07.2008 passed by District Forum(North West) Sharlimar Bagh, in complaint case no. 303/2008)
    Dhander Kumar Bansa,

NDPL,

Mangolpuri,

New Delhi. ……Respondent/O.P.

CORAM

Justice Barkat Ali Zaidi, President.

M.L. Sahni, Member
    1. Whether reporters of local newspaper be allowed to see the

judgment?

2. To be referred to the reporter or not?

M.L. SAHNI, MEMBER

1. Aggrieved by the Interim order dated 1.7.2000 passed by the District Forum, North West, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi in Complaint case no. 303/08, the complainant has come in appeal before us.

2. His case in short is that OP i.e. NDPL be directed to restore his electric supply of K.No. G 2100170945. According to NDPL, electricity supply of that connection had long been disconnected and is lying dormant and only fresh connection can now be granted subject to compliance of commercial formalities.

3. The Ld. District Forum passed the impugned order on the admission of the AR of the appellant/complainant, that the supply had been disconnected long back. Accordingly the OP/Respondent are directed to grant the complainant fresh connection within 7 days of compliance of commercial formalities by him. In pursuance of this order, the OP/Respondent asked the complainant to deposit Rs. 3,600/- for granting new connection. Allegation of the complainant /Appellant are that this demand by the OP is exploitation of the consumer and has been motivated by the illegal demands of the officials of the NDPL, who had been issuing inflated electricity bills for which the complainant had earlier filed Complaint no. 3740/2001 which was decided on 17.5.2002 imposing a penalty of Rs. 1,000/- on the NDPL/Respondent. That the present demand is malafide and is the result of past complaint filed by the appellant.

4. We have heard the AR of the complainant/Appellant and have gone through the impugned order . We do not find any infirmity or illegality in the impugned order passed by Ld. District Forum, just to grant the Appellant interim Relief as prayed by him. Demand raised by the Respondent/OP is in compliance of the impugned order and cannot be said to be illegal or motivated at this stage, as alleged by the complainant/Appellant. Instead of himself complying with the directions to complete the commercial formalities, he has preferred this appeal, which is nothing but abuse of the process of law. Such tendencies need to be condemned in sternest terms to curb the mischief.

5. The appeal being frivolous and meritless is dismissed in limine.

6. Copy of this order be sent to the District Forum as well as to the parties concerned as per statutory requirements.

tantus is offline Junior Member

Default Ndpl delhi

Date : 24 January, 2010

Subject: Complaint against NDPL for Direct theft of Electricity Bill (DT)

Name: HARIBANSH KUMAR S/O LATE SHRI HARICHARAN VERMA
    Address: C-4 /342 SULTANPURI
    Delhi - 110086
    K. No: 42200165952
    MB. No: 9871966259,
    I received a APROSPOS DIRECT THEFT OF ELECTRICITY BILL from NDPL Enforcement Assessment Cell, Date 23/01/2010 Amount of Rs.22447 Billed unit 3548.with Ref. of inspection conducted by the NDPLTeam on 12Dec-2009

Sir at that day about 11.30am NDPL team came for Inspection at our street in front of our nebhours. they found direct conection of wire which is connected by a TENT MAN for marridge in street at our nebhourhood. that elecrtic pole is front of my house so they checkd our electric meter and found its working properly. after that they taken some picture of my younger brother who is only availabele person of our family that day then they asked for electric bill and Ration Card and he suplied after that they told ok. After that they gone without any information now they have send an Electricity bill of (DT) . sir we are paying regularly our electric bill of our uses.
    approx Rs.300 to 600. two month. and we are a simple domestic user and we are using CFL and we are only 4 member in our family after the death of my father Dated on Mar-19/2009.

Haribansh kumar

tantus is offline Junior Member

Default Ndpl delhi

Date : 24 January, 2010

Subject: Complaint against NDPL for Direct theft of Electricity Bill (DT)

Name: HARIBANSH KUMAR S/O LATE SHRI HARICHARAN VERMA
    Address: C-4 /342 SULTANPURI
    Delhi - 110086
    K. No: 42200165952
    MB. No: 9871966259,

approx Rs.300 to 600. and we are a simple domestic user and we are using CFL and we are only 4 member in our family after the death of my father Dated on Mar-19/2009.

Haribansh kumar

priyashree Guest

Default complaint against nabour

i want to compalint against my ground floor nabour, they have installed split ac which outer part they have installed in stairs, and its heat directily comes to our enterence, which is heating our house lot, we have requested them but they start fighting with us plesae suggest us solution.

lovely Guest

Angry electricity theft

a person who is living at A/6 patap nager delhi 110007 ist floor & 2nd floor...what they people do is they have 1 button at their homes & what they do is aftr 11pm or 11.30 pm when everybody goes for sleep then dey switch onn that button from their respective home & electricity meter is stop working, when they switch on the A/c then always they do... they are doing this from past 3 years... bt nobody is doing anythng.. person come from ndpl he get some money from him around 200rs per month...& they don not change his old electricity meter to the new one....in whole colony everybody has the new digital meter but they are the only one who does nt hv the new one. they still hv the old meters..

H.no is jatinder kaur or mohinder singh A-6 partap nagar, 1st floor..nr metro station.
    if somebdy wants to take an action plz come aftr 12 midnight to check then take an immediate action against them...it is very serious please take it as an serious case

anilk026@gmail.com Guest

Sir mera nam anil kumar hey.mera ca no60014472173,hey.sir mera problum hey ki jis pol se mera power ki wire aa rhi hey us pol aur mera ghar me kafi fasla hey.jiski vajah se wo wire road per aan jane valo ko paresani hoti hey..logo se aay din jhagra hota rhta he.agar bic me koi pol laga diya jai to is se faida hoga.pol lagne se mera hi nhi visoi parivar.mkano ko fayda hoga.mene iska complan ndpl costomber phone me kiya.me private job karta hu.agar ak din dueety nhi jata hu to malik nokri se nikalne ki dhamki deta hey.is liye me majbur hu aapke gonal office me aake complean karne ko.aap se nibedan hey ki mere complean per karbai ki jai. Thanks. Anil kumar. B.118 block c.inder enclave.phase 1.delhi 86.mobile no.9312427911

1. pet shops in delhi