Umesh Nandan Singh
C-1/60, Budh Vihar
Phase – I, Delhi –86
18 Dec 2009
The Consumer Court,
LIQUIDITION OF WRONG AMOUNTED BILL
1. I, the undersigned an ex-serviceman is residing with my family on the above address since Jun 2005. I have purchased a piece of land measuring 100 yards from a land lord and started construction in Nov 2004. The construction was completed in May 2005 and thereafter, I shifted my family in Jun 2005. On 04 Jun 2005, I applied for electricity connection with NDPL and got the meter installed on 06 Jun 2005.
2. On 28 Aug 09, I received a letter bearing No NDPL/File No EAC-27023/21133 dt 21/24 Aug 09 from Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell, Sector – 3, Rohini -85 and come to know that direct theft of energy has been lodged against Sh Nawal Kishore who is also a resident of C-1/60, Budh Vihar, Phase – I. In that letter, it was also said that a show cause notice dt 14 Jul 09 was also served to me giving the opportunity to pay the billed amount and personal appearance before the authorized officer in the Enforcement Assessment Cell on 06 Aug 09 between 2 pm to 5 pm to make any submission if I have. I personally met with Mr M S Grewal in the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell on 31 Aug 09 (AN) and informed about receipt of any such letter previously and also intimated that person named Nawal Kishore has never resided either with me or in my neighboring area, who in turn advised to give a written reply of the letter with a request for non transfer of theft billed amount to my meter. I submitted my reply to the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell on 01 Sep 09 and the reply was lodged against Diary No 2615 dt 01 Sep 09.
3. On 19 Oct 09, I received an electricity bill amounting to Rs 13,670/- which was required to pay by 03 Nov 09. I checked that bill in detail and found that the theft amount i.e. Rs 7,854/- is also included in my bill. I again rushed to the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell, where one of Mr Yadav (NDPL Official) suggested to submit a written application to the native electricity District Office with request to liquidate the amount as no one is empower to waive off the amount here. I submitted my application to The Manager, District Office NDPL, Mangolpuri on 21 Oct 09 and the application was registered vide their Diary No 1297. As the due date for bill payment was 03 Nov 09 and I had not received any reply so far, I mailed a complain to CGRF vide their registration No CGRF 006461 dt 14 Nov 09, who also not bothered to reply so far.
4. On 11 Dec 09 at 20.04, I received a call from Mr Nikhil who said to be an NDPL official through telephone No +91 11166111912 who ask me to pay the bill otherwise my connection will be disrupted. I explained the whole story to him and thereafter, he advised me to resolve the matter in consultation with NDPL District Office, Mangolpuri. On 14 Dec 09, at about 11.15 I visited NDPL District Office Mangolpuri where Mr Aniruddh Sinha gone through my case file and shown his inability to do anything and again directed me to the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell with a plea that he is the only authority to waive off the wrong adjusted amount being initiating authority. I then rushed to the Office of The Enforcement Assessment Cell and met Mr PL Grover, HOG in their office at about 14.45 on the same day. After explaining all the matter, the officer denied for any help and advised to pay 75% of the billed amount. He insisted me that he will refer a case for refund of wrong adjustment only thereafter. He also suggested me to ask the neighbor to share the amount as your plot would be more that 100 yards with the same No. While interacting with them, I came to know that the theft was caught in the year 2006 in a newly constructed building and photographs are kept with them.
5. I paid a sum of Rs 6,030/- on 14 Dec 09 against the said bill vide Bill desk transaction ref No MCIT 9124921292.
6. Now, I have the following to say :-
(a) As per normal rule, theft of other person can not be imposed to an innocent whether he is residing in their neighborhood or far flung.
(b) Being a disciplined ex serviceman, I think that a neighbors should never be indulge to look into personal day to day work of each other.
(c) I have no authority to check from the landlord that his piece of land is how long and to whom he is selling or keeping for himself.
(d) The case of direct theft of energy never taken place in my house hence I should not be penalize for the same.
(e) I have completed my construction work in May 05 and thereafter no construction has taken place either side of my house hence I can not reveal that direct theft of electricity taken place in a newly constructed building on C – 1/60, Budh Vihar, Phase – I.
(f) It is duty of NDPL officials to trace out the genuine person either with the help of police authority or their own sources and compel to pay the direct theft bill and not mine.
(g) Moreover, I am not a beggar and having no authority to ask my neighbors to share the theft bill as advised by Mr PL Grover, HOG, NDPL.
(h) Insisting for payment of 75% of theft bill will later became documentary proof that I/my family was involved in direct theft of energy whereas the officials should accept their own fault.
(i) Name of a reputed company is being defamed by some culprits doing negligent work and harassing customers tirelessly. Hence, amount transferred to my bill should be waived off immediately and the officials should be punished either monetary or rigorously for harassing me as my compensation.
7. Therefore, may I request your kind honour to consider the above matter and help me to resolve the issue at the earliest so that I could not face the compounding of amount and disconnection of my electricity in future.
With warm regards,
Umesh Nandan Singh