Thread: Complaint on Airtel DTH

Aruna Meka is offline Junior Member

Post Complaint on Airtel DTH

Hello Sir,

I am staying in Velachery, Chennai and i have ordered for one Airtel DTH connection on 23rd December 2011 on call through Shell Transource Ltd (Authorised Distributor for Airtel DTH) placed in Navi Mumbai and done the payment in Chennai on the condition that it will get installed on 25th December. Person from Shell Transource side assured me that it will installed as promised and asked me to make the payment. I have done the same through pay by cash to that person and got the Customer ID (3009599761) & order ID (891514) and got the SMS as Installation Scheduled for 2011-12-25. No body is coming for installing the Instrument. From 25th onwards i am calling to customar care every hour, If we call to customer care they do not answer properly and cut the phone every time without solution.

They have misguided me and taken the payment. on the top of it very rude behavior from the call center side.

Please help us out for this.

Aruna

karthikm is offline Junior Member

Default Same Problem here

Hi Sir,

The same happened with me too. I paid through cash to the Shell transource Ltd(Receipt no:- 50319, Cust ID:-3009599445) in Taramani, an amount of Rs2199 for HD connection on 23rd Dec 2011. I got my set top box installed on 25th Dec but still my connection status shows "error code 6-Account suspended due to negative balance" I have been calling to the customer care ever since and everyday i am asked to wait for 24hours time to get my connection up and running. I was so fed up that I have asked for the cancellation of my connection and a refund, I know i can't get compensated for my frustrations that I faced. To collect the amount from you they will call you for n number of times, but when it comes to service, they won't even give a damn about it. Anyhow I don't recommend Airtel to anyone atleast in chennai. They provide a pathetic service.

Karthik M

Quote Originally Posted by Aruna Meka View Post
    Hello Sir,

Please help us out for this.

Aruna

Dear Aruna,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 27 Dec. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Karthik M,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 28 Dec. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Aruna,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 27 Dec. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Dear Karthik M,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 28 Dec. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Abhimanyupriya is offline Junior Member

We have been facing no signal problem since 31st December, 2011. The service executive visited us on 1st January, 2012 and declared that the set top box is not working properly and needs to be replaced. Since the set to box is still under warranty, it will be replaced free of cost. He gave us a number for Saravanan's 9600043200. They told us that the set top box is out of stock as they didn't get any stock from airtel. We lodged a complaint about this with the customer service (Request no. 15089793) who told us that it will be resolved within 24 hours. But no body has come till date (7th January, 2012). We have been following up each day, and each day a new person gave us false assurance that it will be resolved within next 24 hours.
    I m really frustrated with your service and want to get it disconnected. Please refund the Rs. 3000/- that we paid during the installation and Rs.550 that we recharged on 31st December, 2011.
    My customer ID is 3008818768.

Dear Customer (Abhimanyupriya),

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 07 Jan. 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Deepak Mohod

Dear Customer (Abhimanyupriya),

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 7 Jan. 2012, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Twitter - Bharti Airtel India (@Airtel_Presence) on Twitter

vijaypur is offline Junior Member

Default Improper communication by Customer care Executive

Myself Vijay Purohit have Airtel digitalTV connection (ID no. 3903939251). I m having Economy pack about from last 2 Years. I talk to customer care for further continuing same pack for next 12 months. They told me to recharge of 2784 Rs. I did that & request them to continue the same pack. But they didnt inform me that some sports channel which i like most have been removed from that pack. Now they are insisting me that to watch those channels you have to pay more amount.
    On talking the customer care they admit that there executive didnt give me this information which also can be verified by my telephonic talk with executive.
    I want to see those sports channel for india australia series match which i cant see now there & i m very much upset from last 2 days. I asked airtel dth executive to close my connection & to return my 2800 rs but they are saying that no refund will be available, you can do what you want.
    Overall they have taken about 2800 Rs from me by not giving proper information about the change in pack. Otherwise i will not recharge that for such a big amount. Also i am very much upset same from last 2 days and having too much pain in my mind due to this issue.
    So please register my complaint & help me.
    THANKS.

Dear Vijay,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 14 Jan. 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Vijay,

This is to inform that your concern listed on 14 Jan. 2012 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Twitter - Bharti Airtel India (@Airtel_Presence) on Twitter

Dear Vijay,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 14 Jan. 2012, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

gurusofteng is offline Junior Member
    Feb 2012

Default Airtel DTH HD DVR Instllation issue

I purchased HD DVR through Vertex group, mumbai and paid through their Credit card IVR of rs 5290(Date 6th Feb, Order id 1160882). I am using SD box for 2 years and this HD DVR is as additional and i was requested for multi tv.

10-Feb - Multi TV has been installed on my home. I got new HD DVR box. As the Antenna pin(with 4 outputs for multitv) is not available, only one connection has been activated. I took 1/2 day leave for this installation.

11-Feb - Technician came to my home and activated both connections. But the signal was not stable on both connections. I am unable to see most of the channels. I Complained this to local dealer whos installed this connection(Genesys Communication, Velachery, Chennia) about this issue.

12-Feb - Again Technician came to my home. Now he told 3 out of 4 pins are not working. It is now created by Airtel which is not working. I escalated(through call) to Zonal Manager about this issue. He put concall with Genesys team and they promised the issue will be resolved by 3 PM today.

the support team will work between 10 AM to 5:30 PM. As both are working, it is not possible for me to fix this during week days. Again i have to wait for 5 days for next saturday. I can't take any leave for more as it is waste that these guys can't fix the issue in a day.
    I paid 5290rs for this HD DVR. Still i am unable to watch TV for last 3 days.

Either this issue should be resolved in a day, or please refund my money . I will return the HD DVR and i am planning to go for some other provider.

Senthil
    Customer id: 3003003040
    Last edited by gurusofteng; 02-12-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Bhavneet is offline Junior Member
    Feb 2012

Default Connection surrendered credit balance not refunded

Airetl Cust ID 3000996541

Hi, This is Bhavneet. I was at Chennai and was an admiring customer of Airtel DTH. I moved to a job abroad in Feb 2011. I had about 2500 balance credit in my account. This was credit balance which I topped up to watch movies etc, (not the deposit or something else, I know that is not being refunded)

I surrendered the STB and dish antenna for which I have a proper receipt, I was told that refund will come to the address provided at the time of surrender in 14 days. I was following up with AIRTEL thru emails, I have all emails in record
    On 9th March I had sent the scan of CPE recovery form to process teh refund as told by call centre
    on 24th MArch I sent reminder
    on 6th april there was third reminder
    on 19th April there was 4th reminder
    on 27th April I got response saying Airtel tried to contact me on number which was not my number
    on 28th APril I gave my abroad number
    on 28th I got respnse that my comaplint has been forwarded to concerned dept and comp number was 7433772.
    on 25th May I sent reminder again
    there was 7th reminder on june 8th

When there was no refund for 3- 4 months, I called customer care and they told my connection is active so there cant be refund. I was shocked. I immediately logged into my account and saw that for same customer ID the name is now changes to some Sridhar D and the address remains same. The crook changed the registered number on record also so that I cant get the call back. This sure can be done with Airtel Insider

I reported this immediately vide mail on 26th July
    On 27th July I got a response that Airtel tried to contact me on some number ,and this was not my number, this also was changed by crook, I replied them giving my abroad number
    I sent the email to Mr Joseph at nodal desk also
    nodal desk again tried to contact me on a number which was not my number , I was given nodal dispute refernce as 177991022
    I gave them number of my colleague at Chennai, in case airtel dont want to make abroad call
    on 25th August I sent a reminder as there was no response from nodal desk either
    on sep 1st there was third reminder to nodal desk
    Finally I made a call from abroad spending hundreds of rupees in call and spoke to call centre, they gave me reference number again 12532320 to be solved by 10th October
    there was a reminder mail on 21st October
    there was another reminder on 9th november
    on 10th there was reply that it has beenf orwarded to concerned team

Till date there is no response yet. There is not only Civil fraud but a criminal fraud too in which Airtel insiders are involved and hand in hand not takign any action on it.

Any Lawyer willing to take care of my case is welcome to contact me at adress below. I have all teh records and communciation with me

Bhavneet Pal Singh