Thread: Complaint against Airtel Digital TV Customer Service/Behavior

sagar504 Guest

Exclamation Airtel Digital tv Complaint

I really need your help with this.

I am Sagar from Bangalore-Karnataka , Airtel Digital Tv Customer ( Customer Id : 3005326300 ). This mail is to inform you that from last two months am
    facing problem in Airtel Digital TV and am not able to watch any channels.. and we have registered complaints for that. after many complaints , Your engineer visited our home and told its an Setup box problem and he promised us that within 2 working days he will replace with a new setup box. but till now Your engineer was unable to carry out the repaired setup box because the spare part was not compatible. many times i have re-registered the complaints again. but they are showing negligence towards my problem instead of solving it. when i ask the reason they will reply with some nonsense reasons like "Sorry we cant do anything" or they will disconnect the call pusposefully without the reason. this had happened many times .

I felt ashamed to inform you that Airtel Digital TV Customer care Executive , the Supervisor one who communicate with us when i call to 12150 and
    few of ur Technicians donot have basic manners... they dont no how to behave with thier customers. their words are totally rude...

Can I ask that you look into this to ensure that from the next time or from the next service visit, can i expect basic manners & decency in your boy's????? or else i have to think about the further actions like Consumer Court etc.. Please telephone me to let me know how you'd like to deal with this. When the matter is resolved I'd be grateful for your non-Satisfactory service.

Yours sincerely

Sagar....

Default Reqesting to add peace tv in airtel digital tv

Sir/madam,
    I am a citizen of jabalpur. im writing this comlaint to request or ask the airtel digital tv broadcasters and authorities to telecast the one and only best islamic channel PEACE TV in their network. i want to ask all the respected DTH operators that why they are not showing this channel in there DTH. I request to add the channel . plz . thank you......

Dear Sagar,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 9 Nov 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Rakesh Kumar

Nov 2009

Request Related to (Reqesting to add peace tv in airtel digital tv)

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 10 Nov. 2011 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

Pawankgopala Guest

Default Technician demanding service charge for stb replac

I am not at all happy with the service airtel dtv is providing.
    i had some problems with the stb around 16th nov.
    i got it replaced.but the stb was again a defective one.
    Now I complained again to change my stb but technician is demanding service charge to replace it.

This is a terrible experience. First the quality of stb is so bad that o had to ask for a replacement second time in a month and over that, o have to pay a service charge.

Here are the complaint details:
    Dear Customer,request no-13444203 for "Video Problem",Happy Code-491.Share code with the engineer ONCE issue is resolved.For any query pls call 8105731888

Dear Customer, your Service request reference no. is 13619184 for "Video Problem" has been resolved. If the issue is unresolved please call 8105731888

They marked this resolved even without letting the customer know.

bangdi Guest

Default Paid but not Recharge

On November 11, 2011 i have paid on net banking but not recharge to my Airtel TV ID:3001732611. Even after payment Rs. 440/- to the ID still showing -9.80 in my account. Requesting to rectify at the earliest stage of time.
    My Name: Bangdi
    Phone Number: 9402297695
    Airtel TV ID: 300173263

Dear Sagar,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 09 Nov. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

Nov 2009

Request Related to (Reqesting to add peace tv in airtel digital tv)

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to please drop us an email at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com and we will be happy to be of assistance.

Unhappy bala

Dear sar i am purchage airtel dth feb-2011.my id-no-3006941006.i havcomplain repatad 10 times dut your service is very poor.lastly my complain no is-13872609,date-22/11/2011.but no body hav comes.another complain no-14110713-01/12/2011.ples solve my complen withen 2das.otherwise iam go to consumer coart.

with regards
    ARABINDA BALA
    09437219707

apalkar is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2011

Arbitrary discontinuation of service without refund for CustomerId: 3001177275.

Since mid June, I was facing disruptions in my Airtel DTH service with signal being lost every 10 minutes. I complained to Airtel Call center and as per their instructions, ran the setup on the set-top box a few times. I complained again requesting to send a technician to rectify the fault. The first technician informed problem was caused due to older software version in set-top box and updated the same. As per second technician, the problem was due to a building constructed last year which blocked the signals. He moved the dish antenna to another location, but disconnected it from the set-top box. The third technician asked us to get a pipe on which he will mount the dish antenna to get better signals. Fourth one informed we won't get signals anywhere on our premises and contact the call center for further help.

The customer service representatives in the Airtel call center told me to discontinue the service. They informed me that I will get a refund of Rs363.77/-. I was a satisfied customer of Airtel DTH service till mid-June, and I had recharged my Airtel DTH account (CustomerId: 3001177275) on 12th June 2011 by making payments of Rs1000/- and Rs700/- by credit card. I had used Rs1320/- from my balance as 6 months Advance Rental for Economy pack with validity till 11 January 2012 and also subscribed to English Plus Mar-10 pack for which Rs55.15/-. The customer service representative told me these advance rentals wont be refunded though they weren't providing me with any service.

I am disgusted with the manner in which a reputed firm like Airtel treats its customers. I had sent over 5 mails to dthnodal.mum@airtel.in complaining about the same. After this, they contacted me and took away the dish antenna and set-top box. On 23rd September after another complaint mail from my side, the Airtel representatives contacted me and assured that I will get a refund of Rs1200/- within 14 days. Over two months have passed and I am still awaiting for the refund cheque/draft. The customer service team disconnects calls made by my family. My wife tried calling up "K. Rao", the nodal officer for Airtel DTH for Maharashtra on 022-40213261. But a lady answering the call informed it was a residential number and not to call during office hours. How do I contact Airtel DTH for my refund?

Will any Airtel representative look at my complaint?

Ankur Palkar

Default Deactivation of Airtel Sim 9008309824-reg.

Undersigned purchased Prepaid Airtel mobile connection from Airtel Outlet at Kurnipet, Mallapur, Dist: Karwar after completing all the formalities (Residential Address Proof, identity Proof etc). I was using this mobile number continuously for the last couple years with regular Balance Top up. To my surprise that this mobile number was deactivated without any intimation/ notification to undersigned. And on enquiry with the Airtel Customer care no satisfactory reply was given for sim deactivation. The remaining balance amount at the time of deactivation was also forfeited. This is not expected from a reputed Airtel Company which makes tall claims of absolute satisfaction to their esteem customers.

You are requested to take this matter seriously and activate my above cited mobile number with the balance forfeited. Early action in this regard will be highly appreciated.

(J.S.Virdee)
    Chief Engineer Quality Assurance.

Dear Arabinda Bala,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 04 Dec. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Ankur Palkar ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 06 Dec. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Arabinda Bala,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 04 Dec. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

Dear J.S.Virdee,

1. Complaint against airtel digital TV customer care
    By JK_Varshney in forum Direct To Home (DTH)
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 07:02 AM
  2. Worst customer service : AIRTEL DIGITAL TV
    By amrendra51 in forum Direct To Home (DTH)
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 10:16 PM