This is a discussion on Paid advertisements within the Direct To Home (DTH) forums, part of the Other Services category; I think everyone should give a thought to these practices by DTH operators: 1. During non-prime timings, most channels are ...
- 12-30-2010, 05:00 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
I think everyone should give a thought to these practices by DTH operators:
1. During non-prime timings, most channels are broadcasting paid advertising selling some or the other useless goods & services. We pay the operators monthly charges for viewing channels for specific programming but we are made to watch ads so in effect almost half of every day, we are being made to pay to watch advertisements?
2. It is a fashion to see channels starting with a mix & common programming but within months they spin off so many different channels with alleegd specialised programming an dwe are made to pay for each different channel. Case in point STAR: Plus started with mixed programming incl comedy, soap etc but no they have star one, start plus, star utsav : all serving more or less same & repeat fare but now you payu for 3 channels. Zee started just with ZEE, ZEE CINEMA but now you have Zee Action, Zee Classic, Zee premeir all taqking turns in showing the same movies over a period. TEN started as Sports cahnnel, now Ten Cricekt, TEN ACTION, and what not.
3. This will stop if we have the option to choose each individual channel - whatever happened to TRAI'S diktat that operators provies each channel at a max of Rs 5 pm. Then I don't need to be forced by the DTH operators to have 5/6 CARTOON CHANNELS when I no longer have grown up teens!
Some one pl wake UP TRAI to this fleecing!
- By Rahulsatpute in forum MobileReplies: 1Last Post: 02-25-2011, 05:37 PM
- By ddb_pslt in forum Product And ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:19 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 0Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:08 PM
- By Unregistered in forum MedicalReplies: 0Last Post: 08-21-2010, 12:11 PM
- By Dilip.Patkar in forum Other Product and ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2009, 04:30 PM