Dear All,

I purchased a new Sony LCD TV last week and thought of taking a new DTH connection for my New TV in Hyderabad.I looked at several options and finally decided for a new Tata Sky DTH connection.I called the Customer care office in Hyderabad and asked for a new connection on 11/12/2010 and through the IVRS system I paid 4,300 for a new connection with Annual pack. They happily took all the details and the amount has been deducted from account and they informed that the installation will be done within 48 hours.I havent received any call from Tatasky executive till 64 hrs.I called them back again on 11/16/2010.The customer care has raised a complaint and said that it will take another 48 hrs to close the case.It has taken more than a week and still the installation is not done.I suggest all the new members who are planning to take a New DTH connection do not opt for Tata sky as this is one of the worst Customer care service I have ever seen. And also one more funny thing for the amount that I paid through IVRS there is no bill that has been sent through Postal or through my mail.So I will not be able to show any proof except my Credit Card statement.

1057387159-Tata Sky ID NO

Overall : The worst Customer care service in hyderabad.Please do not opt for Tata Sky.