Thread: Sun Direct DTH

This is venkatesan from bangalore. I had registered for sun direct last
    month 5th Nov 2008. After 10 days i got the connection. In that my setupbox
    is not working properly. After 2weeks i made a call to customer
    care(Bangalore) they told some trobleshooting. but its not resolved my
    problems. so they asked me to contact for the distributor for the solution.
    After 15 days I spoke the distributor for the same problem they told they
    will send technician for solving the problem. But did'nt send. Again i made
    call after 2 days i told they made my problem as a complaint and told after
    3 days, my probblem will be solved.But this i got complaint no as 355. After
    that there is no response. till date they are not responding me with correct
    solution. So I called Sun Direct customer care (chennai) 5 times. They have
    registered my comptlaint on 17th of this month and 19th another complaint.
    They told all problems will be solved with 2 hours, 24 hours and 48 hours
    frequently while i am calling the customer care. Atlast today they have one
    local number to contact him. That person also given one number for the
    solution, but still not problem solved.

I am totally fed up on this issue. I want file a case against Distributor
    and Sun Direct.
    I need solution. For the total 2 months i can't able to view the channels
    properly. I need claim Against them.

Reply to mail as soon as possible.

With Regards,
    C. Venkatesan.

Default Sun direct dth

we purchaged a sun direct dish tv from raigarh(c.g)on 20-12-08 still it is not
    actived we pay 2300/- for the company through the delear.there responce is also not
    good. pl do the need full. i am a employee of jindal steel&power ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Venkatesan. View Post

This is venkatesan from bangalore. I had registered for sun direct last
    month 5th Nov 2008. After 10 days i got the connection. In that my setupbox
    is not working properly. After 2weeks i made a call to customer
    care(Bangalore) they told some trobleshooting. but its not resolved my
    problems. so they asked me to contact for the distributor for the solution.
    After 15 days I spoke the distributor for the same problem they told they
    will send technician for solving the problem. But did'nt send. Again i made
    call after 2 days i told they made my problem as a complaint and told after
    3 days, my probblem will be solved.But this i got complaint no as 355. After
    that there is no response. till date they are not responding me with correct
    solution. So I called Sun Direct customer care (chennai) 5 times. They have
    registered my comptlaint on 17th of this month and 19th another complaint.
    They told all problems will be solved with 2 hours, 24 hours and 48 hours
    frequently while i am calling the customer care. Atlast today they have one
    local number to contact him. That person also given one number for the
    solution, but still not problem solved.

I am totally fed up on this issue. I want file a case against Distributor
    and Sun Direct.
    I need solution. For the total 2 months i can't able to view the channels
    properly. I need claim Against them.

Reply to mail as soon as possible.

With Regards,
    C. Venkatesan.

Kindly provide us your full billing details and your contact information, so that we will guide you accordingly.

we purchaged a sun direct dish tv from raigarh(c.g)on 20-12-08 still it is not
    good. pl do the need full. i am a employee of jindal steel&power ltd.

your complaint is to short, kindly send us the full story so that we will guide you accordingly.

Thanks.

Default Sun Direct Fraud

I have not been able to recharge my account, i purchaed coupons worth 300 but since the last 4 weeks i am unable to get through the customer care. SunTV officers are rude in their talk and not giving the distributor numbers also

Vannia Rajan Guest

Default Agreed, Even after buying recharge card, Unable to recharge

I Totally agree with this. The have provided with a lot of easy ways (website/sms/cust-care) to recharge with the PIN obtained from the recharge card - unfortunate thing here is that NONE of the method works correctly. Whom can we ask? Where can we EASILY recharge or install add-on for Sun-Direct? If this is the situation, then we have to switch to a different service altogether.

shruti verma Guest

Angry Non availaibility of channels and signal

Hi ,

As per the telephonic discussion with customer connection ( more then 5 times) , i have recharged my account with one month validity but still not getting any of the TV channels and signal.Inspite of repetitive complaints none of the representative has been sent to look into the same. My Account number is : 4113 9759 272 R .

Shruti

V.Raman Guest

Default set of box not working

My self V.Raman iam living in C-2199,indira nagar,lucknow,uttar
    pradesh,mob.no:09936867200,09651354548,9415627749, 8 months back purchased
    sun direct &installed working fine but last few days video output was not
    come in set of box.i have checked with cd player T.V.working fine,Regarding
    above problem i have locked the complaint 0522-4033107 this number on
    05/09/2009,no responce again today i have lock a complaint same number but
    no responce also they are not given complaint number & solution.so pls look
    in to the matter seriously.

Bala Guest

Default Sun DTH Issues

The customer care service is very poor.They are not even responding for the complaints.
    Very poor service for the customers.

advocate's Avatar
    advocate is offline Moderator

Dear All,

Regarding your complaints you will have to send a complaint letter to the Head Office of the Co. to get any solution on Company level.

I am Mathew Kurian from Bellary Dist. of Karnataka. Yesterday, I brought one Sun Direct connection from M/s. Pawan Electronics, Brahmin Steel, Bellary. His contact No. is 9448989344.

He took Rs.2400/- for alloting the connection with one year subscription. Today till 3 Pm , the connection not activated not installed. I talked to the shop, he gave me one mobile no. of technician.

I talked to the technician, he refused to come & install.

What beautiful advertisement is giving in TVs by "Sun". They are not ensuring the service. This is too much. I have already paid extra eventhough no use.

Please help

Mathew Kuiran
    +919480693353

advocate's Avatar
    advocate is offline Moderator

Dear Mr. Kuiran,

To get any solution for your complaint kindly send a complaint letter to the Head Office of the Co. Send it through registered post and keep a copy of that letter also. Hope you will get any positive response from there.

shubhranshu tripathy Guest

Default regarding the recharge facelity of sundirect dth

I had the sundirect connection from 7 months back 5 months free subscription
    package(east sunshine basis pack),but when my subscription over they deactivate my
    account as ,when i have the connection they fix it after 7 days.but when my package
    is over i want to recharge thro debit card on dt-14.08.2009,but when i call the
    customer care on that day on 11.30 pm the higher authority told me not to fix ur
    problem as the service is from 6 am to 6 pm,i was told him then why u open the cust
    care on nigaht he annoy with me and told me not to rechage the coupon & contact the
    nearest distrubuton on next day morning & recharge the coupon. I had recharge 1300/-
    ,also the same plan continue but at the same time i take the music add on pack & new
    mercury pack for one month,but the thing is i have no time to check this ,the add on
    pack not for one month as the money show in the sundirect account they not
    deactivated it auto matically.as i am also the user of BIG TV,but their rechage
    facility is as good as tatasky.but the worst recharge pack the sundirect give.

in my opinion as the reception is good in the rainy whether wise i throw the same.

my suggestion to the all india marketint team is:
    1-educate the cust care peple
    2- have the review meating the regularly after the sales service.

adv.sumit is offline Senior Member

Kottaimedu,Coimbatore 641 001.

2. M/s. Pavithra Electronics,

138, Sathy Main road,

Saravanampatty Post, Coimbatore-35. -- Opposite Parties

This case coming on for final hearing before us today in the presence of the complainant in person and the opposite parties remained absent and set exparte and upon perusing the case records and hearing the arguments and the case having stood over to this day for consideration, this Forum passed the following:

ORDER

Complaint under Section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 seeking direction against the opposite parties to refund Rs.1750 collected on 25.3.09 and to pay Rs.50,000 as compensation for mental agony and to pay cost of Rs.5000/-.

The averments in the complaint are as follows:

1. The complainant preferred the product of SUN DTH of 1st opposite party and in the course of enquiry, he was referred to 2nd opposite party who is one of the dealer for the Sun DTH. On 25.3.09 complainant paid Rs.1750 for a 5 months scheme. In the same day effected connection. The smart card No. is 4115 4813 665 R. Complainant was not issued any receipt for the amount, when demanded the same, it is informed that no receipt is issued as a matter of policy.

On 16.7.09 during viewing TV the program vanished from the screen. It is noticed that the Set Top Box failed to display anything. The same was informed to 2nd opposite party on 17.7.09. On 18.7.09 STB box removed and it was informed that the STB will be returned after 3 days. No spare STB was provided. The complainant contacted the opposite parties 1 and 2 on 21.7.09, 22.7.09 and 23.7.09 and legal notice was issued on 24.7.09. But til date STB not in stabled. The conduct of the opposite parties amounts to gross negligence and deficiency in service.

2. The complainant and opposite parties have filed Proof Affidavit along with documents Ex.A1 to A4 was marked and the opposite parties remained absent and set exparte.

The point for consideration is

Whether the opposite parties have committed deficiency in service? If so to what relief the complainant is entitled to?

ISSUE 1

3. This Complaint is filed against the opposite parties praying this Forum to order refund of Rs.1750 collected on 25.3.09 and order to pay Rs.50,000 as compensation for the mental agony suffered by the complainant and for costs.

4. The first opposite party is M/s.Sun DTH Pvt.Ltd. and the 2nd opposite party is M/s.Pavithra Electronics who is the dealer of 1st opposite party.

5. The case of the complainant is that on 25.3.09 he paid Rs.1750 for the Sun DTH. The contention of the complainant is that the opposite parties have not issued any receipt for the amount. The only record for the payment is that 2nd opposite party has written the amount received by him and his phone No. in the last page of the manual handed over by him to the complainant. Ex.A1 is the copy of manual marked by the complainant. Even for the legal notice, there was no reply from the opposite parties. The opposite parties neither installed the STB nor communicated in this regard.

6. The opp.party was served notice on 26.8.09 and 29.8.09 for the hearing, dt.25.9.09. The opposite parties did not appear either in person or through his counsel, and has not filed any version on his side till the expiry of statutory period.

7. The conduct of the opposite parties amounts to gross negligence and deficiency in service. Because of this the complainant has suffered. Hence the complainant is entitled to get necessary relief from the opposite parties.

8. In the result, we direct the opposite parties to refund Rs.1750 collected on 25.3.2009 to the complainant and to pay Rs.20,000 as compensation for mental agony and cost of Rs.1000/-to the complainant within one month from the date of this order failing which the complainant is at liberty to execute this order u/s.25 and 27 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.

jincy john Guest

Default Complient Reg. Online Top Up Recharge_Smart Card No. 4123 3086 119

I am Ratheesh Raju from Kerala,

I have purchase one Sun direct Dth Cable Services, 12/09/2009,

They have one option , we can add the pay channel through Top up Recharge Card

2 October 2009 i have done through recharge my Credit Card, Till the time my
    account is not updated that money, that time i got one online payment Receipts Also,

I have so many times talk to customer care center, no reply ,

This sun direct compliment Ref No, 0014177247, 0014428005,

Reference ID : 927547307413
    Transaction ID : 4497978422292751
    Payment Id : 4497978422292751
    Amount : 499

I have talk to my bank also, they are told already money is gone from your account ,
    this is your transaction Authorization No also. 091452 ( Barclay's Bank, Mumbai )

Please find the attachment

Kindly do the need full

Ratheesh Raju
    jins246@yahoo.co.in

1. sun direct services
    By jagdishbhatt in forum Other Services
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 09:20 AM
  2. Advertisement by SUN DIRECT
    By Unregistered in forum Direct To Home (DTH)
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 03:06 PM
  3. sun Direct DTH
    By Jothi kumar in forum Direct To Home (DTH)
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 10:16 PM