Sun Direct DTH
This is a discussion on Sun Direct DTH within the Direct To Home (DTH) forums, part of the Other Services category; Dear Sir/Madam, This is venkatesan from bangalore. I had registered for sun direct last month 5th Nov 2008. After 10 ...
- 12-23-2008, 09:51 PM #1C_Venkatesan. Guest
Sun Direct DTH
This is venkatesan from bangalore. I had registered for sun direct last
month 5th Nov 2008. After 10 days i got the connection. In that my setupbox
is not working properly. After 2weeks i made a call to customer
care(Bangalore) they told some trobleshooting. but its not resolved my
problems. so they asked me to contact for the distributor for the solution.
After 15 days I spoke the distributor for the same problem they told they
will send technician for solving the problem. But did'nt send. Again i made
call after 2 days i told they made my problem as a complaint and told after
3 days, my probblem will be solved.But this i got complaint no as 355. After
that there is no response. till date they are not responding me with correct
solution. So I called Sun Direct customer care (chennai) 5 times. They have
registered my comptlaint on 17th of this month and 19th another complaint.
They told all problems will be solved with 2 hours, 24 hours and 48 hours
frequently while i am calling the customer care. Atlast today they have one
local number to contact him. That person also given one number for the
solution, but still not problem solved.
I am totally fed up on this issue. I want file a case against Distributor
and Sun Direct.
I need solution. For the total 2 months i can't able to view the channels
properly. I need claim Against them.
Reply to mail as soon as possible.
- 12-26-2008, 03:14 PM #2Unregistered Guest
Sun direct dth
we purchaged a sun direct dish tv from raigarh(c.g)on 20-12-08 still it is not
actived we pay 2300/- for the company through the delear.there responce is also not
good. pl do the need full. i am a employee of jindal steel&power ltd.
- 12-26-2008, 03:42 PM #3Administrator
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- 12-26-2008, 03:44 PM #4Administrator
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- 02-23-2009, 01:54 PM #5Unregistered Guest
Sun Direct Fraud
I have not been able to recharge my account, i purchaed coupons worth 300 but since the last 4 weeks i am unable to get through the customer care. SunTV officers are rude in their talk and not giving the distributor numbers also
- 04-18-2009, 05:03 PM #6Vannia Rajan Guest
Agreed, Even after buying recharge card, Unable to recharge
- 08-15-2009, 11:28 AM #7shruti verma Guest
Non availaibility of channels and signal
As per the telephonic discussion with customer connection ( more then 5 times) , i have recharged my account with one month validity but still not getting any of the TV channels and signal.Inspite of repetitive complaints none of the representative has been sent to look into the same. My Account number is : 4113 9759 272 R .
- 09-11-2009, 02:33 PM #8V.Raman Guest
set of box not working
My self V.Raman iam living in C-2199,indira nagar,lucknow,uttar
pradesh,mob.no:09936867200,09651354548,9415627749, 8 months back purchased
sun direct &installed working fine but last few days video output was not
come in set of box.i have checked with cd player T.V.working fine,Regarding
above problem i have locked the complaint 0522-4033107 this number on
05/09/2009,no responce again today i have lock a complaint same number but
no responce also they are not given complaint number & solution.so pls look
in to the matter seriously.
- 09-15-2009, 05:34 PM #9Bala Guest
Sun DTH Issues
The customer care service is very poor.They are not even responding for the complaints.
Very poor service for the customers.
- 09-15-2009, 10:25 PM #10
Regarding your complaints you will have to send a complaint letter to the Head Office of the Co. to get any solution on Company level.Regards,
- 10-08-2009, 03:45 PM #11Unregistered Guest
I am Mathew Kurian from Bellary Dist. of Karnataka. Yesterday, I brought one Sun Direct connection from M/s. Pawan Electronics, Brahmin Steel, Bellary. His contact No. is 9448989344.
He took Rs.2400/- for alloting the connection with one year subscription. Today till 3 Pm , the connection not activated not installed. I talked to the shop, he gave me one mobile no. of technician.
I talked to the technician, he refused to come & install.
What beautiful advertisement is giving in TVs by "Sun". They are not ensuring the service. This is too much. I have already paid extra eventhough no use.
- 10-08-2009, 10:51 PM #12
Dear Mr. Kuiran,
To get any solution for your complaint kindly send a complaint letter to the Head Office of the Co. Send it through registered post and keep a copy of that letter also. Hope you will get any positive response from there.Regards,
- 10-13-2009, 10:08 PM #13shubhranshu tripathy Guest
regarding the recharge facelity of sundirect dth
I had the sundirect connection from 7 months back 5 months free subscription
package(east sunshine basis pack),but when my subscription over they deactivate my
account as ,when i have the connection they fix it after 7 days.but when my package
is over i want to recharge thro debit card on dt-14.08.2009,but when i call the
customer care on that day on 11.30 pm the higher authority told me not to fix ur
problem as the service is from 6 am to 6 pm,i was told him then why u open the cust
care on nigaht he annoy with me and told me not to rechage the coupon & contact the
nearest distrubuton on next day morning & recharge the coupon. I had recharge 1300/-
,also the same plan continue but at the same time i take the music add on pack & new
mercury pack for one month,but the thing is i have no time to check this ,the add on
pack not for one month as the money show in the sundirect account they not
deactivated it auto matically.as i am also the user of BIG TV,but their rechage
facility is as good as tatasky.but the worst recharge pack the sundirect give.
in my opinion as the reception is good in the rainy whether wise i throw the same.
my suggestion to the all india marketint team is:
1-educate the cust care peple
2- have the review meating the regularly after the sales service.
- 10-14-2009, 11:49 AM #14Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
5/63, Agnes Raj Home, Viswasapuram,
Saravanampatty Post, Coimbatore-35. --- Complainant
1. M/s. Sun Direct TV (P) Ltd.,
Sun Network Building, Vincent Road,
Kottaimedu,Coimbatore – 641 001.
2. M/s. Pavithra Electronics,
138, Sathy Main road,
Saravanampatty Post, Coimbatore-35. -- Opposite Parties
This case coming on for final hearing before us today in the presence of the complainant in person and the opposite parties remained absent and set exparte and upon perusing the case records and hearing the arguments and the case having stood over to this day for consideration, this Forum passed the following:
Complaint under Section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 seeking direction against the opposite parties to refund Rs.1750 collected on 25.3.09 and to pay Rs.50,000 as compensation for mental agony and to pay cost of Rs.5000/-.
The averments in the complaint are as follows:
1. The complainant preferred the product of SUN DTH of 1st opposite party and in the course of enquiry, he was referred to 2nd opposite party who is one of the dealer for the Sun DTH. On 25.3.09 complainant paid Rs.1750 for a 5 months scheme. In the same day effected connection. The smart card No. is 4115 4813 665 R. Complainant was not issued any receipt for the amount, when demanded the same, it is informed that no receipt is issued as a matter of policy.
On 16.7.09 during viewing TV the program vanished from the screen. It is noticed that the Set Top Box failed to display anything. The same was informed to 2nd opposite party on 17.7.09. On 18.7.09 STB box removed and it was informed that the STB will be returned after 3 days. No spare STB was provided. The complainant contacted the opposite parties 1 and 2 on 21.7.09, 22.7.09 and 23.7.09 and legal notice was issued on 24.7.09. But til date STB not in stabled. The conduct of the opposite parties amounts to gross negligence and deficiency in service.
2. The complainant and opposite parties have filed Proof Affidavit along with documents Ex.A1 to A4 was marked and the opposite parties remained absent and set exparte.
The point for consideration is
Whether the opposite parties have committed deficiency in service? If so to what relief the complainant is entitled to?
3. This Complaint is filed against the opposite parties praying this Forum to order refund of Rs.1750 collected on 25.3.09 and order to pay Rs.50,000 as compensation for the mental agony suffered by the complainant and for costs.
4. The first opposite party is M/s.Sun DTH Pvt.Ltd. and the 2nd opposite party is M/s.Pavithra Electronics who is the dealer of 1st opposite party.
5. The case of the complainant is that on 25.3.09 he paid Rs.1750 for the Sun DTH. The contention of the complainant is that the opposite parties have not issued any receipt for the amount. The only record for the payment is that 2nd opposite party has written the amount received by him and his phone No. in the last page of the manual handed over by him to the complainant. Ex.A1 is the copy of manual marked by the complainant. Even for the legal notice, there was no reply from the opposite parties. The opposite parties neither installed the STB nor communicated in this regard.
6. The opp.party was served notice on 26.8.09 and 29.8.09 for the hearing, dt.25.9.09. The opposite parties did not appear either in person or through his counsel, and has not filed any version on his side till the expiry of statutory period.
7. The conduct of the opposite parties amounts to gross negligence and deficiency in service. Because of this the complainant has suffered. Hence the complainant is entitled to get necessary relief from the opposite parties.
8. In the result, we direct the opposite parties to refund Rs.1750 collected on 25.3.2009 to the complainant and to pay Rs.20,000 as compensation for mental agony and cost of Rs.1000/-to the complainant within one month from the date of this order failing which the complainant is at liberty to execute this order u/s.25 and 27 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- 10-31-2009, 11:31 PM #15jincy john Guest
Complient Reg. Online Top Up Recharge_Smart Card No. 4123 3086 119
I am Ratheesh Raju from Kerala,
I have purchase one Sun direct Dth Cable Services, 12/09/2009,
They have one option , we can add the pay channel through Top up Recharge Card
2 October 2009 i have done through recharge my Credit Card, Till the time my
account is not updated that money, that time i got one online payment Receipts Also,
I have so many times talk to customer care center, no reply ,
This sun direct compliment Ref No, 0014177247, 0014428005,
what i can do. ..
Sun direct Customer Details
My Sun Direct Smart Card No-- 4123 3086 119
Customer Name- Raju T
Contact No- 09495036944, 0474 2455123
Online Payment Details
Payment Date - 01/10/2009
Transaction Status : Successful
Card Number : 4219
Reference ID : 927547307413
Transaction ID : 4497978422292751
Payment Id : 4497978422292751
Amount : 499
I have talk to my bank also, they are told already money is gone from your account ,
this is your transaction Authorization No also. 091452 ( Barclay's Bank, Mumbai )
Please find the attachment
Kindly do the need full
Thanks & Regards
- By jagdishbhatt in forum Other ServicesReplies: 6Last Post: 03-09-2013, 08:20 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Direct To Home (DTH)Replies: 3Last Post: 07-10-2010, 03:06 PM
- By Jothi kumar in forum Direct To Home (DTH)Replies: 0Last Post: 06-17-2009, 10:16 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Other ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-06-2009, 07:35 PM
- By Dheeraj_01 in forum InvestmentReplies: 0Last Post: 02-10-2009, 12:58 PM