Thread: Complaint against Tata Sky Dth Service

Default not changing the old setup box into mpeg4 box

i have complaint to tatasky customercare that my some chhannels are not seen due to mpeg4 technology . my complain no is 'Bjr61wg' dt.24-12-2013. They ask me that our serviceman go and change the setup box at free of cost . But their serviceman asked me for rs 200 for their petrol. I again complain it to customercare, and they told me that we change your box sŲon. But my setup box not changed yet.

Tata sky is fraud Guest

Default Tata sky is cheating its customers in the name of specials pack.

Tata sky is cheating its customers in the name of specials pack.
    We all should boycott them and make them suffer ten they will realize. They are the most expensive Dth service provider with least services
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjiv chaudhary View Post
    While buying mega HD package i was told that this package includes all new channels which will be launched during validity..but now i have asked another ₹ 500 for new channel on pretext of special channel "Sworld premier".This is like cheating a valuable customer.

Default Tatasky False committments

Hi Team,

I booked my Tatasky connection on 14th Jan-14 6 PM IST and i requested to get my Tatasky installed on priority. Their sales Rep Mr. Sagar booked my order on priority keeping a condition in front of me that i should book order with annual pack if i need expedited delivery.

I agreed and booked annual pack instead of monthly pack seeing the benefits.

Despite of my request, my installation was not scheduled on 14th Jan-14. I got call in the morning on 15th Jan-14 from Mr. Akash that my installation is scheduled at 12 PM IST and asked me to be at home to receive the Engineer.

I had to take off from my work to get the installation done due to personal emergencies.

@ 12 PM i called back their helpdesk as no one called me to ask for the route map of my house. Upon calling, i spoke with their supervisor Ms.Swapna was told that Tatasy does not have set top box in stock and my order is no hold.

I emphasised to get my installation done in hours time, else i would opt to go with cancellation of the order.

At 1:30 PM IST i called back Tatasky helpdesk,spoke with Ms.Divya and found that status remained un-changed. I immediately opted to cancel the order.

For that ms. Divya told me that refund timelines are 8-10 days. hence my refund would come only by 24th Jan-14. I immediately asked her to transfer my call their their Manager(Operations).

Divya transferred my call to Mr. Ajay who was again a supervisor.I insisted that i want to talk to Manager and above and not keen to talk to any Supervisor.

Since then he has been giving me fake informations that his call Center Manager is busy in a meeting. Not sure how can a call center Manager not interested in addressing customer greviences.

Due to this un-professional approach shown by Tatasky only to take bunch of notes from my, i have lost one full working day resulting in loss of my business deliverables as i am working on a senior position in renowned organization.

I need Consumer forum to address my serious concern. I can be reached on manil.kapoor@gmail.com

Manil kapoor

Default tata sky, fail to provide an adapter since 4 days

With tatasky as seen in advertisement to provide with connection even at leh ladakh, they have failed to provide us with an adapter and we are residents of panchkula haryana. My tatasky no. is 1000030609. It's been four days now.

Jitendrap Guest

Default unfair charges for service visits

I have been facing signal issues with my TataSky connection since 29th November 2013. When I complained in November 2013, a technician was sent to my place but the technician did not even touch the remote of the set-top box and I was promptly charged Rs. 150/- even though the problem was not solved. When I informed Customer care about this, another technician was sent on the next day and I was charged Rs. 150/- again!! The issue was not resolved at all and after a tedious conversation the problem was located that the fault was in the common dish and not the personal set-top box and after the complaints from all the society members, the third engineer replaced the switch for the common dish of the Society, but I was charged for this. On complaining vigorously Rs. 150/- was refunded for the first visit.

I have paid for Semi Annual Grand Sports Pack and Semi Semi Annual HD Access Fee I do not have the energy to call up the customer service again to refund my charges deducted. I decided to switch to another network once my subscription expires in 28 March 2014.

But as my subscription's end date is approaching I am getting several reminders messages from TataSky.
    What is most frustrating is that there is no way to escalate this issue. The only choice I have is to call their customer service and sit through their VRS for hours only to be connected to a dumb customer service rep and explain the whole story to him/her!!

This is what is called a daylight robbery. Rs 150/- per customer over thousands of customers will gather the network millions in ill-gained revenues!

Shame on TataSky for ripping off its customers in such a heinous manner!

Customer ID: 1000963106

Default Poor service waiting for refund

My subscriber ID-1002372822. I have been using their service for more than 8 years, (bought it in 2005) in New Delhi and then transferred it to Assam. This year i opted to upgrade it to HD set top box and that was not a good call. My friends had asked me not to continue with Tata-sky and get a new connection from other sources, so i called customer service to get it deactivate but they assured me that there would be no problem whatsoever and that it would be upgraded the nest day which fell on 26th Jan. I asked them again about it stating that 26th Jan was national holiday still the guy was confident about it and told me they had no holiday. so i payed the upgrade charge and waited. The next day no one arrived (26th Jan) and there customer care number was not working either. so i called up today morning (27th jan) and asked about my upgrade, they said they were sorry and i would get the installation before 11am, which did not happen, so i called them up again they were sorry again and gave me 1pm deadline. so all in all they gave me 4 timings and the call was escalated twice but no soloution was provided. So at last i told them to cancel my subscription and refund the amount, and the most amazing part was they agreed without any remorse, without any fear of rebuke from their end. So i guess they are used to this. Now i'm waiting for my refund if i don't get it then i'm planning to sue real bad and the best part is my family is filled with lawyers..
    P.S. they gave me two ticket number (Refund- 1-25967194723) (Cancellation for subscription-1-25967476945)

rajani kant Guest

Post complaint against services

I am rajani kant,from ranchi (jharkhand),i am customer of tata sky before one year,i m middile class man,before one month, i have to change my flat
    some famly problem. I want service from tata sky, so i talked to customer care,10 hours later i could talked to customer care,before perchasing tata sky set top box ,they want to give all type of services free of cost,also relocating,but this time i m relocating my set top box,they want to charge 400 rs. For relocating. When i complaind tata sky,they don't want to give any services,i m from middile class man,also 3 to 4 month charges increase for subscription,for every type of thing we can't paid,pls help me type of middile class faimly,

rajani kant.my tata sky id is (1089156093)

Default Tata Sky HD Services not working

I am subscribed to HD Annual mega pack since Dec 2013. For no reason my HD channels just stopped working on 6th Feb 2014. The engineer attended to my complaint on 6th Feb on same day. He did a master reset and made a few calls and said service will be restored in 24 hours. He gave me a form to sign in which it was stated that problem is solved. I cancelled it and wrote that problem is not solved yet.

On 7th Feb after 24 hours also service was still not restored and I again put a complain. Again they sent engineer on the same day who again made some calls and said problem will be solved within 24 hours.

On 8th Feb again after 24 hours problem was persisting. This time I called their call center and asked for status of complaints logged on 6th and 7th. To my shock their system says complain on 6th is logged as "solved" and complain on 7th is logged as "cancelled" which means service technician was trying to reach me before coming over and I did not respond !!! This is showing the fraud going on in the field service of Tata Sky.

I asked the call to be escalated to a senior person. He said he will get back to me once he gets information from the field. I conferenced him with the field engineer who had visited on 7th and post that he said he will resolve the problem in 2 hours and call me back.

I have not got any call back even today on 9th Feb and neither are the services operational. My 2 calls today morning to their call center were unsuccessful as the first one I was put on hold for very long with no one responding to my hellos and second call got disconnected mid-way. Anyway in the first call, when I asked the person what is the status of my complaints on 6th and 7th, he says there are no complaints from you in the system !!!

I have no faith in this company which I believe is a complete fraudulent outfit. I want my money back in full. Please tell me what is the procedure to do this.

Hatim T. Matiwala
    +91 99207 26564

1092011343 Guest

Default tata sky set box replace problem

sir my tata sky id no is 1092011343 .in my set up box one channel is not taken the problem is on tata sky software statelite problem they told by her technician.they wanted to replace the setup box freely.but later the amount of rs500 deducted from my account.so it fraud and 420 company.they can't infrom me to take the amount.please help me we are middle class peoples what can we do against this type of big companies.please take the auction for my complaint.in india there are many problems dth companies in india please solve the issues

nagarajvee@gmail.com Guest

Angry TATA SKY - Manufacturing defect SET TOP BOXES - Fraud - Illegal deduction of money

I am a Tata sky customer (ID No. 1099100297) and I took the connection dated 16.1.13. I have been using Tata sky HD connection for the past one year and I donít have any problem using this last one year. I used to recharge the amount through net without any challenges for adding packages and etc.

On dated 06.02.2014, we got a call from one of your colleague and explained about the packages cost Rs.30, but we denied for the same. Even though I got a sums that request completed for monthly English news Rs.30 current account balance is 161.60 and activated that package has modified successfully, then immediately I contacted your call center (1860500633) and shouted for the same and it was deactivated successfully on 07.02.2014.
    Here only the problem starts, while doing the above activity they refreshed my connection something they did and immediately I was not able to see SUN TV only and I can see all other channels. I thought that this will come automatically, so waited for 2 days.

On 09.02.2014 again I have called your call center and enquired the same and the complaint got registered and at the time logging the complaint, I enquired the issues then they said recently they scheduled Sun TV HD channel hence there is some disturbances happened and one of the local engineer will come and attend for the same. And also I have clearly discussed about the charges that there are no charges for this activity, because it is purely Tata sky problem.

On 09.2.13 engineer Mr. George Mahesh came to my house and within 2 minutes they identified the problem that the set top box which they provided me at the time of taking connection was having this problem and it is manufacturing defect and they replaced for many customers (number 7423) in free of cost. Then I have clearly discussed if any charges is there, because I can able to see all other channels except sun TV, so where is the question of set top box issues. They also called one of their managers and confirmed that there are no charges for replacing the set top box.

On 14.02.2013 one engineer came with new set top box and he replaced the same within 5 minutes and did not tell anything about the charges and we got SMS (C2YOAHT) for the same. The local engineers asked me to contact Tata sky call center to close the above complain, then only they can give a new set top box, hence I have informed the same to the call center, even they donít understand that 7423 set top box is having manufacturing defect and local dealer is changing new box, but they cancelled the above complaint immediately. The next day only my Tata sky started working again, but there is no message for charges related.

After 2 days my balance got reduced and my account status showed as -450 after deducting some amount from the recharge amount without any information. After some time I got SMS (C2YOAHT) that RS. 500 to be paid for attending the problem and changed the set top box and etc.

Immediately I called your customer care and explained the situation and they donít know about the manufacturing defect set top box 7423 only replaced and the engineer visit was just 2 min all that instead the log raised by local people that new set top box replaced. Anyway complaint got registered and one of your call center customer care person called and he also explained the same that the new set top box was installed without analyzing or reading the complaint or inquiring the local engineers who was part this problem.

Then I called local engineer and explained the situation and again they confirmed that they have not raised any log like that and I have to contact only customer care and they are helpless.

Please note that this is not at acceptable and my Tata sky to be activated without any charges, so please take an appropriate action against the local dealer, till that time I am not going to recharge or use your service.
    Nagarajan

Default TATASKY replacing a assemble Seta box

Reference no: 1099621466.

I have registered three complaints , but till now I didnít hear any response from TATA SKY customer. Please note the compliant registered no below :

a) 1-26463714962
    b) 1-26466683781
    c) 1-26569832342

Beside, TATA SKY connection is disconnected currently on no fault on me. I wanted to know the below reason :

a) I understand a new software/upgrade which is recentanly is updated by TATASKY and the same not getting updated in the Seta box you provided to us at the initial stage. Is it my fault or your problem ?
    b) Why my Seta box was replaced with a assemble set? is this the way customer is cheated ?
    c) Why should I bear the cost for a assemble Seta box by taking back the original Seta box?

I am really frustrated for the being associated with TATA SKY . I too have the recoreded message which i had with the customer care.

With regards
    Shankar

Angry URGENT - Frustated from Service of TATA SKY (# C70OLYU, C7YC4X1)

I am Tata Sky Subscriber from 2006.

My Subscriber id is 1000956357.

I am unable to view most of my subscribed channels from 18th Feb 2014. I had logged a complain in the call centre (complain # C70OLYU).
    An Engineer showed up on 19th Feb, and told that the dish needs to be replaced. He told that he will come back with the by 4PM but never turned up. When I called him, he told that the dish is not available and however he can get us one in black which will cost us extra by Rs. 200. I denied to purchase the dish in black and he never turned up and refused to pick my call.

I again called up the call centre on 20th Feb and they told that they will send someone. On the same day another engineer turned up. He told that he will get the disk and fortunately he did. After replacing the dish, nothing changed. And then he told that the wire might be problematic. Replacing the wire changed nothing either.
    He then told that the Set Top box needs to be replaced. Apparently there was no set top box with him and he told he will come with one in 3 hours. He raised a new complaint (#C7YC4X1) for the box and closed the old complaint, though the problem is not resolved.

His 3 hours is not yet over after 4 days.
    Till now I am unable to watch most of the HD Channel and some of the SD channels as well.

Your service is pulling down the name of TATA brand and you should be ashamed of it.

Request you to take this feedback and restore the service of your customer or I will be forced to take it to the Consumer Court and to the TRAI.

Warren Prasad
    Mob: +91 982 200 3805

Phaniraj Guest

Unhappy subscriber id 1014322448

I have been a subscriber for TATA Sky for over 6 years as there was no competition at that point. During hte last 5 years, they have made me pay for change of set-top box whenever it was out of order (twice) , have changed from Standard to HD and now HD Digital box after 7 months has gone bad. It is not powering. I understand that they do not have any HD Boxes to replace immediately. What they are searching for is a used HD box, get some old one / repair it temporarily and replace it to customer during the remaining warranty period. Then that repalced box will go bad after 4 months, after which warranty would have expired and they can charge full amount on me. This is outright cheating. I have been insisting that during the warranty period they have to give a new box if the box has gone bad. They do not seem to have that policy.

Another thing ( not many might have noticed), Tata Sky suddenly starts updating hte software (takes a minimum of 20 minutes ) during watching of hte program. REcently, it reset and starting downloaidng software 3 times , Took an hour and it did not completed. Currently, my HD box got affected and it is not powering on. My compliant is pending. You can call any number of times , different sets of people take the call, better record your problem for htem to hear.

Local service boys are dumb people knowing nothing. Fortunately, during hte warranty period, we may not have to pay.

Where is the solution such monpolistic attitude .?

Default tata sky charging customer for own mistake sub 1123411488

tatasky send me msg containing wrong subscriber id. Being a new subscriber, i thought it is my subscriber id and recharged it. When i confirm i found it is some one else's id but tatasky says they don't have any system to reverse third party transactions, verry funny. I lost rs 351 due to tatasky mistake

1. Complaint against tata docomo service