Thread: Barclay's Credit card issue

Default Barclay's Credit card issue

This is a grievance about the services of Barclays Bank PLC.

I was using Barclays CC # 4339489270340911 and was quite upset about their correspondence system failures due to which I stopped using the card and made several requests to close it. Failure to proactive responses from bank's reps, I stopped my payments for a prolonged time. After several months of communication gap, I received a call to regarding the dues and I agreed only to pay the actuals and finally it was settled 7500/-, which was every penny I spent in purchases(Excluding the roll-over and overdue charges). I made payments and received attached settlement docs along with the receipt.

I was assuming that the account was closed and recently when I claimed my CIBIL report, I learned that this case was reported to CIBIL as a defaulter. This impacted my credit ratings aswell. I called up customer care of Barclays Bank to find out what went wrong and was been told that there is still a pending amount of Rs. 22,000 (approx). I reported this as an issue and rectify it on 20/4/2011 (Complaint Ref# 4953973), giving all the detail of the payments and reference codes of settlement letter. Wherein, I was promised that I would recieve a call in 7 working days with some solution. On 29/4/2011 (Complaint Ref# 4982186) I called to find out the progress as I didn't recieve any call, once again I was told I will receive a call on 2/5/2011, yet no solution.

The responses to my mails to bank were as below:
    Barclays Bank PLC India
    X

NO DueX

Reply |Governance, Service : Barclays Corporate India to me
    show details May 24

Dear Mr. Kiran,

This is with reference to the settlement / collections related issue on your credit card account. At the outset, we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We wish to inform you that your concerns have been duly noted and forwarded to Phoenix Arc Pvt. Ltd, to whom your credit card account been transferred. One of their officials will contact you shortly for the redressal of your issues. In the interim if you have any queries please feel free to write to us.

Further we have arranged to stop all collection related activities on your account.

You may alternatively contact Phoenix Arc Pvt. Ltd through:

Call: 022-6605 4043 or 42 (10:00 AM to 6:00 PM)

Email: customercare.retail@phoenixarc.co.in

Correspondence:
    Customer Care Retail
    Phoenix ARC Private Limited,
    7th Floor, Dani Corporate Park,
    158, C.S.T Road, Kalina,
    Santacruz (E), Mumbai - 400 098

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this regard.

Yours Sincerely,

Arif Khan
    Service Governance
    Barclays Bank PLC, India

Confidentiality Notice: The documents herein contain information, belonging to Barclays Bank, which is confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the documents or any information contained in or attached to the documents.

FAZAL Guest

Default Letter

Ref:5415382304798622

To whom it may concern.

Why is this letter from your end is being sent to me regarding some dues which I feel it is bogus as I have no such card with the above number ever being used by me.
    For your kind information I have never ever banked with The Royal Bank Of Scotland.

There is some mistake from your end which has to be checked and corrected.

Thanx

Fazal

Default Phoenix ARC

To whomsoever it may concern

I got a CIBIL report which shows there is a default of 1900 rs and it says Phoenix ARC(wondering it is Barclays).wondering what it is and i to my best of my knowledge i have never used another credit card but ICICI for 10 long years.this is preposterous .It is affecting my credit rating.I would like to take this matter seriously with the concerned authorities.

karthik

Anil bodke Guest

Default Bogus Credit card

I received letter from PHOENIX ARC stating dues on my credit card no. 7777777772196282. I was surprised because I don't have any of my credit card with such number.
    I am trying to communicate with PHOENIX ARC but they just not giving any positive reply and the entry is made of same in CIBIL.
    I think PHOENIX ARC are making some fraud cases and trying to collect money.

Anil