Thread: Credit Card Fraud - SBI

paw1976 is offline Junior Member
    May 2011

Default Credit Card Fraud - SBI

Hello Sir,

I have been a victim of online fraud on my 2 credit cards. Please find the below details:

Bank : State Bank Of India (SBI)
    Fraud Amount : Rs.19,500 (Rupees Nineteen Thousand Five Hundred Only)
    Time of Fraud : between 2:14am - 2:50am

Bank : Standard Chartered Bank (SC)
    Fraud Amount : Rs.65,000 (Rupees Sixty Five Thousand Only)
    Time of Fraud : between 2:14am - 2:50am

In the morning on 2nd Feb 2011 I saw multiple alerts on my mobile and e-mail regarding some transactions on my above mentioned Credit cards. So I called the respective banks and realized that a fraud has occurred on my credit cards; hence I requested them to block my cards and dispatch a new one. I filled up the dispute forms and was asked to wait. Along with this, I also filed a complaint with Thane-Rural Cyber crime and they asked me to wait for a month as they are under training and currently non-operational.

Few weeks later I received a letter from SBI stating that the transactions have been through a secure electronic way matching my DOB and card @@@ no. (3 digit) and the
    liability holds with cardholder. I've received the monthly statements of both the banks and the transactions showed up along with Late Payment & interest charges.

After a few weeks, I got a call from Standard Chartered regarding the fraud and they requested me to submit the Cyber crime complaint copy and confirmed that the fraud
    amount will be reversed in my next statement and they did. The whole amount was credited back in my account and they even reversed the interest and late payment
    charges.

After this I spoke to SBI again and asked them to re-investigate. I also informed them that Standard Chartered has already considered the transactions as fraud. After
    a week I got a call from SBI asking for the outstanding payment (23,000) and they added that the fraud was verified and it's card holder's responsibility. I followed
    up with Cyber crime and they mentioned that Standard Chartered was co-operative and had provided them the IP details but SBI is very non-cooperative. They're not
    getting response from SBI even after sending them follow up emails; they're not even providing the IP details to trace the fraud.

It's been 3 months now that I am fighting with SBI and they keep telling me that it has been verified as a secure transaction and its the card holder's responsibility.
    They have levied the late payment, interest and over limit charges on my account and the amount has crossed Rs.24,000.00; this is affecting my CIBIL scores ultimately
    resulting in creation of a bad profile for me. I am mentally tortured and very upset with the behavior and response from SBI. If Standard Chartered can investigate
    and consider it as a fraud and can reverse the amount then why can't SBI? It seems like SBI is not well equipped to investigate the issue and that's why they are not
    even able to provide the IP address to Cyber crime.

I request you to kindly look into the matter and I look forward for your help.

5/403, Shree Shashwat CHS,
    Cell # +919819518376

sbicard_cares@ge.com Guest

Default Regarding your grievance

Dear Mr Sharma,

We have noted your concern and are currently looking into the matter. We will get in touch with you shortly to further understand and address the issue.

Yours sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by paw1976 View Post
    Hello Sir,

Bank : State Bank Of India (SBI)
    Fraud Amount : Rs.19,500 (Rupees Nineteen Thousand Five Hundred Only)
    Time of Fraud : between 2:14am - 2:50am

Bank : Standard Chartered Bank (SC)
    Fraud Amount : Rs.65,000 (Rupees Sixty Five Thousand Only)

charges.

even able to provide the IP address to Cyber crime.

I request you to kindly look into the matter and I look forward for your help.

5/403, Shree Shashwat CHS,
    Cell # +919819518376

sbicard_cares@ge.com Guest

Default Regarding your grievance

Dear Mr.Sharma,

Thanks for talking to us. We will get back to you within 7 days. call SBI Card helpline for any further queries pertaining to your SBI Card.

your sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by sbicard_cares@ge.com View Post
    Dear Mr Sharma,

Yours sincerely,

paw1976 is offline Junior Member
    May 2011

Hello Consumer Court,

I am writing this to update you. After this complaint, I received a call from SBI mentioning that they're investigating the issue and will get back to me in 10 days. I also got a few calls from fraud investigation dept of SBI and they asked me a few questions about the transactions that I did on my card before the fraud.

On Saturday, 21st May 2011, I got a call from SBI and they mentioned that they're further investigating on the issue which will take around 45 days and meanwhile they're ready to give me a temporary credit limit of Rs.21,000/- (Rupees Twenty One Thousand Only.) on my SBI credit card. They've requested me to clear the balance outstanding of Rs.3250/- (Rupees Three Thousand Two Hundred and Fifty Only.) to avoid any other charges further resulting to better CIBIL scores. They've also agreed that they'll credit the amount of Rs.3250/- & and the temporary limit will be changed to an actual limit to my SBI credit card account if the case is in my favor or vice versa. Hence, I've agreed to it and will pay the amount of Rs.3250/- before the due date.

I also request SBI to provide the IP details to Cyber Crime as they're still following up without any response.

Default SBI Credit Card misused onlie

I am holding a credit card with SBI and have faced a fraud where unauthorised transactions of more than Rs. 90,000 have been made on the card.

Bank : State Bank Of India (SBI)
    Fraud Amount : Around Rs.92,000 (Rupees Ninety Two Thousand)
    Merchant : "Best Buy"
    Date of Fraud : 16 December 2012
    Time of Fraud : Between 1.30 a.m. - 2:05 a.m.

I have not lost possession of the card any time and it is still with me. However, the card seems to have been used for online purchases on a US website - "Best Buy" on the very early morning of 16 December 2012. I reported the fraudulent transactions to SBI on the afternoon of 16 December 2012 itself by calling upon on their call center. I was informed by them that the card has already been blocked automatically sensing the fraudulent transactions. I requested them not to make any payments against the disputed transactions as they are fraud transactions, but the call center executives are always telling that the payments cannot be stopped.

The payments are on an online portal and it is not the case that the goods/merchandise would have been delivered to the purchaser. The merchant can be contacted immediately and informed about the transactions. However, the SBI does not seem to understand the gravity of the matter. I have immediately sent a dispute form to SBI Credit Card and an automated reply comes that they will get back in 5 days.

Isn't there any way that a fraud can be tackled immediately with appropriate means. Its pathetic that SBI, the largest bank of India, is operating in such a laggard manner and taking the frauds so lightly.

My contact details are - Mobile No. 9899784884

Anshul Kumar
    Manager
    PwC

Dear Anshul,

We are looking into your concerns and will revert to you soon. Please bear with us in the interim period.

SBI card

Dear Anshul,

Thanks for talking to us. We are working on your concern and will get back to you soon with an update.

SBI Cards.

SBI Cards.

Narendra Prasad Yadav Guest

Default Fraudulent Transactions

I am holding a credit card of SBI and have faced a fraud where four unauthorised transactions totaling of Rs.8320/-have been made on the card.

Bank : State Bank Of India (SBI)
    Fraud Amount : Rs.8320/- (Rupees Eight Thousand Three Hundred Twenty Only)
    Merchant : "APPLE ITUNES STORE-INR"
    Date of Fraud : 15,January,2013
    Time of Fraud : Between 1.30 a.m. - 2:05 a.m.

I have not lost possession of the card any time and it is still with me. However, the card seems to have been used for online purchases on the very early morning of 15,January,2013, I reported the fraudulent transactions on no.18001801290 to SBI immediately as i was geeting SMS alert on my cell and got blocked my card immediatley but till then above mentioned four transactions had already taken place.Having enquired, i sent a dispute form to SBI Credit Card vide mail dated 15.01.2013 on feedback.gesbi@ge.com and chargeback.sbicard@ge.com as suggested.

So far, i have not been responded,therefore you are requested to respond immediately and not list these transactions in my next billing.

My Mobile No. 9769750122

Narendra Prasad Yadav
    Senior Manager
    Vijaya Bank
    Mumbai

sheelendraps@gmail.com Guest

Default Sbi credit card fraud transaction

As I already informed you that SBI CREDIT CARD No.4377486935189108 had been lost on 4th Oct’13 and already blocked on same day, but before blocking the fraud transaction of Total amount Rs.31, 300 has been made by someone without my knowledge .The complaint and dispute form already submitted by me immediately on 4th Oct’13 at 4.44 P.M.,after card blocking procedure.

The transaction detail is as mentioned below:

S.NO. DATE TIME MERCHANT AMOUNT STATUS
    1 4TH Oct’13 3.41 pm Amorino Rs.24,935 Transaction successful
    2 4TH Oct’13 3.45 pm Amorino Rs.16,460 Declined due to insufficient credit limit
    3 4TH Oct’13 3.46 pm Amorino Rs.16,460 Declined due to insufficient credit limit
    4 4TH Oct’13 3.52 pm Amorino Rs.6,365 Transaction successful

From above detail there was two successful transaction, because of that total Rs.31,300 had been deducted from my SBI Credit card No. 4377486935189108

Against this I immediately call to SBI Customer care for blocking my card and also asked merchant ‘Amorino” to verify the person using my credit card at 4.00 pm,but they inform me that the person was already left that shop before 2 minutes, when I call them.

Sir I want to take to you account that there are many irresponsibility & carelessness made by SBI & Merchant which can be avoided and prevent /stop this fraud transaction. Some of these are mentioned below:

IRRESPONSIBLITY/CARELESSNESS MADE BY SBI:

1. As per RBI Guidelines “ All new debit and credit card to be issued only for domestic usage unless international use is specifically sought by the customer. such cards enabling international usage will have to be essentially EMV Chip and Pin enabled” (By June 30,2013)

-for your information Credit card issued to me after these RBI guidelines date and as it is international credit card authorized for International transaction as per confirmed by your representative it should possess PIN & EMV Chip ,but PIN Enable services are absent in my SBI credit card.

-In case if my credit card was PIN Enabled, such fraud transaction can be prevented. But it was not taken by SBI.

2. As per transaction detail mentioned above, it has been found that two nos. of transaction has been declined due to insufficient credit limit, but Bank does not taken any necessary measure to avoid the transaction, there is no phone enquiry to confirm the payment.

3. Even SBI does not match the signature on the receipt slip which was signed during fraud transaction, as per my signature available in SBI records.

4. Even I submitted complaint & dispute form immediately after these fraud transaction & card block, But SBI Clear the merchant payment, which must be stop till the investigation is not complete

5. After submitting the dispute form ,till date I am in regular follow-up with SBI customer care but haven’t received any satisfactory response from your side and also you have not taken any necessary action ,in case if you have taken, than you should inform me.

IRRESPONSIBLITY/CARELESSNESS MADE BY MERCHANT (AMORINO):

1. Merchant ( Amorino),does not confirm the person identity as per the mentioned on the credit card and signature available on Backside of credit card. Which was not taken by Merchant ( Amorino).

2. Merchant (Amorino) ,does not try to match the signature on the receipt slip after the transaction, otherwise this fraud would not be done.

3. As two transaction were declined, the merchant (Amorino) should confirm the identity of the person using the card.

4. It is hard to understand why Merchant (Amorino) made multiple transaction, instead of single, otherwise this fraud transaction would be avoid due to insufficient credit limit.

5. As per RBI Guidelines, which I already mentioned the merchant must used EMV chip card & PIN enabled system machine and asked for bank for such system. Which was not done by Merchant ( Amorino).

6. Also the Merchant ( Amorino) did not verify for the address/contact no. for invoice purpose & transaction purpose.

Even after that I complained & Dispute form submitted, I don’t understand why the Bank has claimed this amount in my unbilled settlement transaction.

For your information, I also informed you that Merchant ( Amorino) have the CCTV footage of the this fraud transaction and receipt slip sign by that person, which clearly proved that this transaction were not made by me.

Please note that Because of these irresponsibility & carelessness, this fraud transaction had taken place, if certain precaution action would have taken, than those transactions can be avoided, if the bank/Merchant were active.

I also attached the following document for your reference:

· Copy of RBI Guidelines
    · Copy of Message of Transaction details.
    · CCTV Footage snapshot, which I taken from merchant while he showing on his system. (Complete CCTV Footage can be received by Bank from Merchant)

Please note that after many mail and telephonic conversation ,i have not recived any response from your side.I also raise may points reqarding this fraud trasaction on my continuous mail. but you have not reply for an single mail.This making me mentally harassed.Even i raised dispute form on same day of card lost but from your side no one from in your investigation team contact me or merchant.so i dont understand how you investigate.I also want to please provide me updates of investigation and also the points issued raised by me immediately.

SHEELENDRA PRATAP SINGH