Thread: Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card

suresh Guest

Unhappy Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card

Name:  Standard-Chartered-Credit-C.jpg

I am having a Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Since last four years. I received a call from the bank in November that they will upgrade my card to some Manhattan card and also tell me many things about the facility of the card, finally I opted the service and agree to pay one time joining fee. I have about 13000+ reward points on my previous card which I have to redeem within 40 days. But whenever I call to Standard Chartered Help line, my call was diverted to the Manhattan card helpline and if I told them to redeem that points are earned on Standard Charted Bank hence I need to contact Standard Charted Bank. Once, Manhattan people accepted my request to adjust my previous reward points against my monthly out-standing but again denied. And after 40 days I was told by Manhattan people that my points are truncate and I have pay the fees of up gradation and my due date is 20th January. I send a mail to both Standard Charted Bank and Manhattan that I am not going to pay any up-gradation fees until unless my problem is not resolved. Its being more than a week but they didn’t reply me, Kindly suggest me what should I do?

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am Abhilash Kesavan currently working with Yatra Online Pvt. Ltd yatra.com as an Senior MIS Analyst. I had Standard Chartered Bank's
    credit card (1997-2004) - 4129 0370 8124 0517and credit limit was 28,000/-.
    In year 2004 I have closed this card and SCB given me a letter also, that
    time I was working with ebookers.com as Executive MIS, I was there till
    2006 May.

Last month onwards (after 5 years) SCB people calling me in yatra's office
    they told me that you did not close the account and misbehaving with me and
    our office colleagues, using bad languages over the phone and threatening me
    and my family. They threatening me and saying my complaint about my CEO. I
    am getting calls from (011-43502841, 43038711 and 43105023) SCB's Delhi
    Office.

Please help me on this,

Lodge an FIR with the nearest police station and write a letter to RBI under Banking Ombudsman Scheme.

Default standard chartered bank

Dear Sir, This my complain against standard chartered bank. I had a credit card with standard chartered bank,everything was working well all of a sudden they issued me an EMI card without informing me and they even didnt give me any instructions to use it, I have already made so many phone calls to them but they are not cancelling my account , their letters and reminders are making me more aggrevated.Kidnly help me.I have wasted my so many fone calls on them but these guys repeatedly sending me reminders.

Default Non removal of record from CIBIL by Standard Charted Bank

Hello, Subject:regarding SCB credit card # 4129 - 0348 - 1003 - 5987 (ALREADY CLOSED 1 MONTH BACK) Customer No : 0140176071607080 This card has been closed by the bank from last 1 month. The bank has also provided me with both soft & hard copy mentioning the same. I have cleared all dues of the bank. The bank has provided me a hard copy mentioning that my name will be removed from CIBIL records. They have also sent a confirmation email that my name has got removed from CIBIL with (control number 396602446). But I got the confirmation from CIBIL via email that my name still exist in their records. I have been following up with the bank for resloving this issue since last 1 month but all invain. On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 I have got the confirmation from bank through email that my name has got removed from CIBIL but today I got reply from CIBIL via email that my record still exists. This is complete harrasment from the Bank as they try to fool their Customer by sending false confirmation mail. At present I am very helpless even though after paying all dues with heavy interest I am not getting satisfactory result.
    I am not getting any satisfactory input since presence of my name in CIBIL record is causing issue for me in getting loans from other institutions. I desprately need a personal loan for which I have applied in ICICI bank(Flexi Cash) but it got rejected due to presence of my name in CIBIL records. Please help.
    Removal of my name from CIBIL and penalty should be imposed on the bank ,so that in future no one should get harrased by Standard Chartered Bank.

Default Wrong reporting to CIBIL

As per the CIBIL history provided to me there is an outstanding balance written off against my name .

AccountNum: 31037213010080
    Reported By: SCB
    Account Type: CREDITCARD
    Ownership: INDIVIDUAL
    Date Reported: 31-03-2009
    Open Date: 22-01-1997
    Amount Overdue: 2,475,681
    Account Status: Written Off

This is not correct and I am being harassed . I tried to contact their call centre and they confirmed me that there is no such outstanding amount and card .

Request your help to resolve .

thandi is offline Junior Member

Default Credit card

I am using HSBC credit card for last three years i am using this card i hav e a balance of Rs 50000 i am regularly paying my amount due to this economic slowdown salary get reduced i am not able to pay the interest so i am ready to pay my outstanding in to install ments .Plz advice me in this issue

K.N.Rajeshkumar

Sometimes banks will refused to convert your balance into EMI.
    Admin,

** PMs asking me for support will be deleted unless I've asked you to PM me with additional details **

Default is it legal to get a recovery call after 6 years especially when you don't have recor

I am contacted after 6 years for a card which was issued to me in 2000. I had made last payment in 2003 and had asked for settlement due to financial crises, to which I had paid close to Rs.10,000, and had got a letter signed by the recovery agent stating that he received the amount against final settlement, and he mentioned that I would be receiving a closing letter from the bank. I never received the letter and had moved to another city for a year.

Now after 6 years the recovery agent from SC came to my office directly and claiming rs 6 lakh as interest and late payment charges, and deny that there has been any settlement done. Is it legal that they can come after 6 yrs and calim the amount especially when they know that I will not have any details of proofs of statements or payments made.

Now am not able to locate the letter.. they gave me a statement which I calculated that I have totally used about Rs 90,000 (Principal) and have totally paid about 1,05,000 overall (this does not include Interest / tax etc.).

Please guide what can I do with this further as this is getting really bad day by day

Agastya Arunachal Guest

Angry CHEQUE BOUNCE allegation

I was having standard chartered credit card from 2000 to 2006. Standard Chartered was irregular in sending monthly statement. As a result I used to call their customer care and used to pay said amount by cheque. Due to personal reasons I closed my account in 2006. But the bank didn't issue me closure certificate. To my strange they started calling me to clear dues, even I had clear all the dues as said by the phone banking executive in February 2006.

Recently I again received a call from phone banking executive who informed me that a cheque dated 31/10/2003 amounting Rs. 1096 was bounced, and the due amount is over 26,000 now including interest. The question is:

1) If there is a case of cheque bounce, I was never intimated by the cheque issuing bank and by the reciepient bank.

2) Even in case of cheque bounce, I should have told by the phone banking executive next time I called up to enquire about my dues and it should have been automatically added in the total amount.

3) I have asked about the cheque number which was bounced, but am not provided by the standard chartered bank.

Now the bank has blacklisted my name with CIBIL and I find it difficult to transfer my existing loan to some other bank.

Please instruct me as what to do.

agastyaarunachal@hotmail.com

Question SCB Customer

Hi I am using SCB credit card for the past 2 years. Due to the economic slow down I lost my job and not able to pay the due amount (37000).

how to approch SCB to reduce the outstanding amount and I planned to pay in a single payment. I can able to pay till 20,000/- only. Please advise me on this.

Default Same situation, same bank, same problem

paramveersin@hotmail.com

Stan C has done the same with me. My card is of 2001 with actual spend done of 35000-40000. The actual card limit was just 60000..... my settlement to the recovery agent paid was 15000 in 2002 Dec. Post settlement, I moved on with other things in life and all was going well some recovery guy called up saying o/s is 11 lacs & is expecting me to pay. I have decided to drag them to court.

Regds

Angry lost standard chartered card

I was using standard chartered credit card from last two years but somebosy stole it from my purse. When I came to know abt it I blocked the card but by that time around 9000 Rs shopping was already done. When I took the card it was told to me that it has 24 Hrs insurance, i.e in case of card lost the bank will pay the loss till 24 Hrs. Also by laws the shopkeepers are supposed to see the signature in back of credit card. Also I did not the the message which I get when ever I shop anything from the card. I have mailed many times to the bank regarding this but they are saying same thing again ad again that I have to make the full payment. They are now not listening to anything and are saying that they have not made any such promise. I have seen policies of RBI as well and have mailed them regarding this but have not got any reply till date. Please suggest what to do in such case. This would be a great help.

Dinesh

Advocate.sonia's Avatar
    Advocate.sonia is offline Senior Member
    Sep 2009

paramveersin@hotmail.com

Their is a time limit of 3 years*, then after the bank can not force you to pay.

But personally I suggest you to always pay your dues on time.
    Last edited by Advocate.sonia; 01-28-2010 at 12:02 PM.

apalanki795 is offline Junior Member
    May 2010

Recently I checked my credit report from CIBIL and it showed an amount of 14,654/- due from SCB.

I remember having a credit card from the bank in 2004-05, and I canceled that card by cutting the card and sending the same to the bank office in Chennai. I even received a letter from them which was unfortunately misplaced by me.

The reason for canceling the card was due to the bank charging yearly fees, which was initially promised as a free card. Since then I have never used or done any transactions on the credit card. To the best of my knowledge I had paid the entire amount due except for the annual charges.

I went to the bank and enquired and I was told that this being an old card, we are not able to share the transaction details with you.

What should I do. Should I go in for a settlement or should I contest this with the head office / Bank Ombudsman.

Palanki Aditya

*** Note **** Till date I have never recieved any letter / call from SCB indicating that I had amount due and it was I who went to the bank as my Credit report was scarred by SCB.

Last Post: 02-20-2014, 11:05 AM
  2. Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Centre,
    By Sidhant in forum Judgments
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 11:56 AM
  3. Standard Chartered Bank credit card
    By GAJESH GUPTA in forum Mobile
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 09:11 AM
  4. Regarding Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Services...
    By sanjeev in forum Other Banking Services