Thread: Standard Chartered Credit Card

I have been using credit card of Standard Chartered Bank for the last two
    year's. In May-08 statement, I had an outstanding of close to Rs866/- and
    the payment due date was 02/June/08 for which i have made a payment of Rs900
    . This cheque had been deposited at the Standard Chartered Bank ATM five
    days before the due date. The bank however failed to deposit the cheque on
    time and in the next months statement i was charged with a late fee. I
    immidiately intimated the same to the bank about the same and they agreed to
    make the reversal of the same in the next statement. However after that i
    have never received any statement from the bank. As i have not used the card
    after that i thaught it must have been a policy of the bank not to give any
    statement incase no amount is due. However recently the bank has called me
    up that a sum of Rs3,312 has been due on account of accumalation of the late
    payemnt charges and the interest on the same. I have told about my case and
    now they say that they cant reverse any amount and the same is suppose to be
    paid by me. They even told me to have a settlement of Rs1,700 as a final
    settlement amount. However i have refused to pay the same to them.

It has been also in the banks history with me that such non deposit of
    cheques has been carried out by the bank and they have reversed the same
    with an appology.

Can you help me with this case as i receive this harrasing calls from this
    bank about the payment

Awaiting for an early reply.

Jaydeep J Mavani

Default Standard Chartered Bank

Dear Mr.Surajit Laha,

Inspite of my various communication and your assurances, mistakes are made
    consistently and regularly. Again late payment charges as well as interest
    charged to my credit card a/c no 5546-2329-0795-2047 whereas the amount was
    lying with you from 17th March 2009 and the last date of payment was 14th
    April 2009. Kindly reverse all these charges from my aforesaid account as
    well as from account no 4940-7680-2968-5580. Also transfer credit of Rs.
    391.45 from card no 5444-3887-5604-9971 to 5546-2329-0795-2047. Please
    confim adjustment made ASAP.

Thanks.

Saumitra Choudhury

CC: I am facing unrelenting harrasment from Standard Chartered Bank for more
    than six months and would like to seek damages from them. Kindly initiate
    legal proccedings as per mail. My undernoted mails will enable you to
    understand the deficiency in service which tantamounts to cheating.

2009/4/17 head.service <head.service@in.standardchartered.com>

> Ref: 04/09/019693/JPR/ESC
    > Dear Mr.Choudhury,
    > This is with reference to your email dated April 09, 2009 regard to
    > your card account.
    > We are concerned to note the feeling of dissatisfaction expressed in
    > your E-mail. We regret any inconvenience that may have been caused.
    > We have arranged to transfer Rs.11002.00 from the card ending 9971 to
    > We have arranged to reverse the late payment charge of Rs.350.00 and
    > interest charge of Rs.852.23 along with the corresponding service tax
    > on your card ending 9971 and 2313. This credit will reflect in your
    > next statement.
    > Please feel free to contact us should you require any further
    > assistance or clarification.
    > Assuring you of our best services always,
    > Yours sincerely,
    > Surajit Laha
    > Head, Customer Care

Suresh Chand Sureka Guest

I would like to say that i am a credit card holder with credit card number
    -7370,

I am facing lot of problem from the month of june in payment. Please resolve it as i
    have tried many times in customer care but not satisfactory answer i got.

I have been told to mail in card services for answer.

Therefore please resolve this matter as quick as possible to avoid future
    contingencies (rbi)

Regards and Thanks

Suresh Chand Sureka

Standard Chartered Bank Guest

Default At Your Service Your Right Partner Standard Chartered Bank

Ref : 08/09/044730/HVC/ESC

Dear Mr.Mishra,

This is with reference to your email dated August 24, 2009 regarding
    your credit card ending with 7248.

We are concerned to note that our service has fallen short of your
    expectations. We assure you that we are making every effort to set
    things right.

Further to your telephonic conversation with one of our executive, we
    understand that you have agreed to settle the account by paying an
    amount of Rs.1055. We confirm receipt of the payment on August 25,
    2009.

We have arranged to zeroise your card ending #7248 and the said card
    is invalidated in our records.

We have also arranged to remove your name from the Satyam defaulters
    list. With regard to CIBIL, we wish to clarify that Credit Information
    Bureau India Limited (CIBIL), is a repository of information, which
    contains the credit history of the various credit facilities availed
    by commercial and consumer borrowers. Accordingly, the appropriate
    status with regard to your account will be updated in the Credit
    Information Bureau India Limited (CIBIL) records.

Mr.Mishra, it is indeed unfortunate that we have given you a cause to
    complaint. We value your relationship with us and request you to treat
    your experience in isolation and not as a reflection of our commitment
    to delivering superior customer service.

Please feel free to write to us at head.service@Sc.com should you
    require any further assistance or clarification.

Assuring you of our best services, always

Surajit Laha
    Head, Customer Care

guptasuneet is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2009

Default Fraudulent transaction and Undue Harassment

1. I have held a Manhattan credit card with Standard Chartered Bank, ending with digits 4051, for more than 3 years. I have had an excellent relationship with the bank, and had always paid all my dues well before the due date.

2. In Feb 2009, I used my Manhattan credit card (from Standard Chartered Bank) to make a partial payment towards an air ticket purchased through American Express for ~Rs.2,03,000. I requested Amex on telephone to charge my Manhattan card for Rs.1,30,000 (well within my limit) and to charge another card for the balance amount. However, Amex charged the entire amount to my Manhattan card without any authorization. Further, even the bank approved the transaction, which was 1.5 times my credit limit, without any written or electronic authorization from me and even without any intimation to me. I have never exceeded my credit limit in the past 3 years and not even come close to the limit. Further, I had never even requested an increase in my credit limit. Therefore, approval of a single charge 1.5 times my credit limit without any intimation to me is blatantly deceitful, since credit limits are meant to protect the customer as much as the bank.

3. On contacting SCB customer care regarding the charge, I was appraised that it would not be possible to reverse the same and that I would have to contact the merchant. However, I was promised that any over limit charges would be reversed and that I could make the card payment till my normal due date of 20 Mar 2009, without any overdue or interest charges. I made the balance payment on the card in multiple installments and the last cheque of Rs.9,000 was deposited in the Punjabi Bagh branch of the bank on 17 Mar 2009. The same was credited to my card account on 19 Mar 2009 as per the internet-banking and printed credit card account statements.

4. However, I was still charged overdue charges of ~Rs.8,600 in my March 2009 statement. On inquiry with the bank's customer call centre, I was told that the charge was due to an error on the part of the bank and was promised that the entire charge will be reversed within a week. The same promise was repeated a fortnight later by another call centre executive. However, the charges have not been reversed till now, and repeated emails and written letters to the bank's customer care department have not produced any satisfactory response. Further, I have now started receiving unwarranted and threatening calls from the bank's executives (traceable to the bank's land-line numbers) demanding that I pay the erroneous charges, failing which they will send across goons and I will need to be admitted to the ICU. Since I am not at home most of the time, such calls are received by my parents and cause them much distress. Further, when my father refused to give my mobile number to the executive, he threatened my father with the following language "how will you contact your son if you die?".

5. I request your kind assistance to help me get all the above-mentioned charges reversed on my credit card at the earliest (along with any related taxes, overdue fees, etc.). Further, I request you to please advise the bank's executives appropriately to prevent such fraudulent activities and harassment of any customers in the future.

6. I am extremely grateful for your help in this regard.

Yours faithfully,
    (Dr Suneet Gupta)

Default Account settlement

I was using your bank credit card from 2001 to 2005. I settled the account in 2005 by paying as per the agreement. I have the settlement letter.

In spite of settling matter in 2005, my name is there in CIBIL. Will you please exlain me why my name is there in CIBIL?

Rajesh Dhuppe
    CC No. ************0482

Thiruvilan A M Guest

Unhappy Untrustable customer service at Standard chartered

Sir please read this email and you will know more about standard chartered customer service.
    How will some have confidence in them.

Ref : 04/12/011693 /BIN/ESC

Dear Mr. Mohan,

This is with reference to your e-mail dated April 04, 2012.

We note from our records that you have entered into a settlement plan towards
    the outstanding balance in your card accounts. We request you to remit payment
    towards the aforesaid amount and revert for us to do the needful.

Please feel free to write to us at head.service@sc.com should you require any
    further assistance or clarification in this regard.

Assuring you of our best services always

Bindhu C
    From the office of Head Service

________________________________________________

My reply to the below PRADEEPA M TRAILING EMAIL.
    Sun, Apr 15, 2012

Dear Pradeepa M,

Thanks for your email and your time. I am sending a Cheque for Rs20000 towards NO DUE CERTIFICATE which will be sent to my address after receiving the said payment by Std chartered bank. Also I was informed by Sherina Nair and Other customer care executives that my name from CIBIL will be automatically removed once they issue No Due ceritificate or within 3 months of time .

As Informed I will send the cheque to chennai address.

If any changes please let me know. Also I will update you with cheque details in my next email.

with best regards

Thiruvilan A M

Mob: 8903293765

__________________________________________________ ____

Ref : 03/12/084157/PRA/ESC Fri, Apr 13, 2012

Dear Mr. Mohan,

This is with reference to your e-mail dated March 29, 2012.

At the outset, we regret the delay in our response. We thank you for the
    cooperation and patience extended in the interim.

We are concerned to note the feeling of dissatisfaction expressed in your
    E-mail. We regret any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Based on your complaint we have taken up the issue with the concerned unit and
    we have investigated regarding the same.

We would like to inform you that our officer had offered you a settlement of Rs.
    20,000.00 towards No Dues Certificate.

We request you to remit payment towards the aforesaid amount and revert for us
    to do the needful.

Please feel free to contact us should you require any further assistance or
    clarification.

Assuring you of our best services always.

Pradeepa M
    From the office of Head Customer Care

sourabhmangal Guest

Default standard chartered credit card complaint

I am using credit card, ends with # 9277, of standard charted bank since last more than 2 years. This time my February 2012, bill was pending. i submitted the full amount of cheque in march 1st week. and till today's date my cheque is not been cleared just because of bank saying that the cheque was folded. As per RBI guidelines there is no rule that if cheque is folded then bank cannot accept the same. Now bank is charging me heavy interest.

Firstly I got a call from bank in after 25 days i.e. on 27th march which says that your cheque cannot be clear because its folded. after of so much of argument they said that we will give you cheque back and you do half online payment and we made a complaint for the same. i made a half payment through online and made a complaint as well (COMPLAINT NUMBER : 200003244353) on 28th of march but dint get any call revert and any kind of soluation till today's date. whenever i call them.. they saying the same statement that your complaint is still open and our team is working on it. They always giving me the time period also for one day but no response.

This time also they charged me a high interest. and i dint get my cheque also till today's date.

Kindly look into this matter with the complaint number which above given. and wave off my interest charges.

Sourabh Agarwal

Default Manhattan is greedy

I used a manhattan card ending #3762 nearly two years ago and discontinued it last year.
    They never sent any statement yet i kept paying on sms alert basis.
    When i discontinued the card they sent final bills, which i settled. then they levied interest of over 600/= which again i paid.
    Now again they are troubling with SMS saying that there is more interest even if i have discontinued.
    is it a lifetime penalty to use a manhattan card

Bhavesh49 Guest

Exclamation Cheating with Customer by Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered sales-recovery-customer care has cheated me with providing credit card in year 2006 and wrong information.

Credit Card no : - 7761

1. I was working with MNC and went to Mumbai on deputation for three months where SC sales executive filled Manhattan credit card form saying it is completely free and will remain life time free. As I was staying in Mumbai guest house, I have provided address of my guest house and sales executive accepted it as he was counting on numbers of credit card application forms he has filled. I clarified each fact that this is not going to be my permanent address and herewith providing personal email address to communicate with me.

2. I was not using that credit card and I have kept with me for future use as I was under impression that it was life time free. All of sudden I started receiving SMS and in April 2007, I received last online Bill on which I have complained to SC team that I never used card and as it is life time free, I cannot pay you money like that. In reply, I came to know that they actually activated some insurance scheme for which I was not acknowledged. At that time the bill amount was around Rs 2700.
    As I have complained, I have done detailed communication with SC team and asked them to cancel my credit card and reverse the charges but they did not done that and they never send any e-mail communication to me on my personal email id. As I was moving around in India, I was not able to keep same mobile number and they were saying that I was not traceable.

3. I once again started communication with SC team after receiving CIBIL report and they are still on the same line that I have to pay full money to have No Due Statement. How I can pay this kind of charges when I have net usage as zero and even since long (April 2007) I do not have that credit card (I teared it). I cannot believe that even after a good reputation in software companies and good financial powers, I cannot use any financial product and that is without my mistake.

Still they say either pay amount of Rs 20000/- or do settlement of Rs 3500/-.

I also believe that I should fight against this kind of frauds to save consumer rights. I had long communication with SC team in April 2007 to stop service as evidence.

Please advice.

Bhavesh

T.P.Rao Guest

Post trustless service

I had taken the standard chartered Credit Card bearing 5546232908271447 . It is valid from 06/09To 06/12. There was an amount of Rs.1945/- in the account which the bank has to pay for me. I made some purchasings in 2011 about Rs.2000/- in Hyderabad, my hometown. Now suddenly they say I have to pay, Rs. 6000/-. I feel this is unjustified, unreasonable, illogical. Kindly settle the matter. In fact I stay in Bihar during the period and later shifted to Paradip in Orissa due to my job. I don't want to use the card, as I have no such fecility for shopping. Kindly relieve me from using the card, and make me free from paying such a huge amount for which I am not responsible except the only one which I had made in Hyderabad.
    I hope you will do the justice. please settle the matter.

TPR Rao, Paradip
    raotp@iocl.co.in

Suchit Biswal Guest

Default cibil defaulter after clearing dues in sc

Hi Sir,

I have paid all the dues for my credit card with standard charted bank as of 23-02-2011. but my name is still shown as a defaulter in CIBIL, this is the reason I am not able to avail any loans from any of the bank.
    my customer number with SC : 0200679191102090
    as per the email communication from the officer from SC I had a due of 62,002/- as of Date :20-12-2010. Even I have been offered to do a settlement of 48,000.-/ from bank. I didnt accepted the settlement offer and promised to pay the full amount so that I will be clear from CIBIL defaulter.

here are the payment details I made to clear my dues. All the payments are done online. and I have the screen shots of the payments.
    28/12/2010 : 34,000.00 : MICI0122302398
    23/12/2010 : 7,000.00 : MICI0121060320
    05/01/2011 : 7000.00 : MICI1014641064
    23/02/2011 : 15410.00 : MICI1029496369
    total paid = 63,410.00

after this I got a no due certificate from the officer from bank.
    My name is still not cleared from CIBIL and showing an outstanding of 8289.00/. when I tried contacting the chief service office, he just replied that I have a due of Rs.8,875.65.
    Please help me in this case. and suggest me to whom I have to contact to resolve my cibil defaulter issue.
    I have all the email communication with the SC collection department, and copy of the no due certificate. even I have all the screen shots of the payments I made to clear the dues.

Suchit

23/12/2010 : 7,000.00 : MICI0121060320
    05/01/2011 : 7000.00 : MICI1014641064
    23/02/2011 : 15410.00 : MICI1029496369
    total paid = 63,410.00

after this I got a no due certificate from the officer from bank.

Suchit

Saurav_D Guest

Default Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card - Big Fraud

Hi All,

This is Saurav. I would like to tell you my experience about Standard Chartered Bank credit card. First of all who ever is thinking to take Stan C bank credit card, never take their cards which have some annual fee associated, always prefer without any fee cards. Because they charge a lot in the name of annual fee and that too is not genuine, include all sort of unapplicable taxes. Specially do not take "Manhattan Credit Card".

So let me come to my case. I got a call from one of Stan C Bank executive for credit card, so told him to visit my office and then we will discuss. So after he visited my office I decided to take one credit card and submitted all necessary documents. Then after few days my card has been approved and received the same (Card No ends with 7193). When I opened the I saw that the credit limit was only 20000, but the executive promised me that it would be atleast 60000, while we were discussing before taking the card. So I immediately called them and asked about it, they told me, they will increase my credit limit within 2 months but till now even after 4 months it is not done.

Another thing is that they have a trap in the form of a service called "Advantage card enhancement pack" consisting of some card insurance, travel vouchers and medical treatment vouchers. After I received my card I got a call from their customer care executive about this pack. Initially I was not interested to take this pack but as the executive was keep on insisting me later I decided to take it. They told me this pack has a charge of Rs 4000 annually and i have to pay it by monthly installment which is around Rs 340 per month. They also told me that if I plan to cancel the pack within 2 month, 75% of amount will be refundable and similarly for 4 month, 6 month, 50% and 25% amount is refundable. So after I received the pack I felt that it is not good and use less for me. Then after 1 month I called them up and told them to cancel my pack. Then I got a shock, they told me the refund of amount option is not valid for this pack and will be valid only someone complete 1 year duration and then renew this pack. This is a clear case of cheating customers. So if I cancel the pack they will deduct Rs 4000 from my card credit limit and in the next statement I have to pay full Rs 4000 plus some tax. From then I am continuously telling them that I do not need this pack and to cancel the pack as well the card. Its been more than 4 months nothing has been implemented from their side and they keep on sending statements every month by including every possible unnecessary charges. But I paid all bills and till now in 4 months I have paid more than Rs 4000 in the name of bill withing using the card for any other extra transaction other than this pack.

In the last month they told me that they will close my card and for that I have to pay the bill of that month only and after that all will be done. But when I received the statement I saw that it is close to Rs 3000. So if I pay this amount, I will end up paying close to Rs 7000, without using this card for any transaction other than this pack. Regarding this I wrote several emails to customer care and also to the principal nodal offficer, but no positive response from them.

So just like to tell every one think carefully before you take Stan C bank credit card and do not fall under their trap. This is one of the most cheat bank I have ever seen.

Email Id: saurav_dhr@sify.com

mptmanoj Guest

Thumbs down Many times net not working for online payment

I Manoj Kumar always find it frustating while making online payment for credit card bill.
    Many times the option of paying online payment through other banks is not working. The problem is especially while directing to the respective bank site after clicking option of "pay now", where it indicates network problem thus causing furstation and leading to delay in payments.
    Later Standard charted bank is posing penality due to late payments

regards,