Thread: Maruti Suzuki Swift

satya.sainath is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2009

Default Maruti Suzuki Swift

I had purchased Maruti Swift VXi on Dec 12th, 2007. Though regular maintenance was carried as per the schedule at Maruti Dealer Workshop, the Brakes failed when i was travelling to Chennai from Bangalore on Aug 1st,2008. I was driving at 60 Km/hr speed only and still the brakes failed. To my dismay, even the steering wheel got locked because of it. Hence, i couldnt prevent the vehicle from ramming a container truck that stopped suddenly in the middle of the road. The total front part of the vehicle was damaged due to this accident.

I had towed my vehicle to Ganesh Cars,Vellore (Nearest Maruti Dealer). I had raised a complaint with Maruti for the brake failure. Though the vehicle is under warranty, Maruti failed to acknowledge the problem in the vehicle and they shot back saying all is fine with the vehicle.

Also, its been almost 6 months since i left the vehicle for repair, i have not yet been delivered the vehicle. Also, no delivery date has been promised yet. I had raised this issue with the regional office of Maruti at chennai. however, no action is being taken to expedite the repair. Maruti and its dealer are Hand-in-glove to deliberately delay the repair, as i had raised a complaint against them.

I had researched regarding the problem i had faced and found that the brake failure is a regular phenomenon in Swift model. I found that the similar accidents have happened along the Chennai-Bangalore highway and there are atleast two more cases of the same nature reported to Ganesh Cars,Vellore. Also, there are around 12 cases of similar nature in Erode as well.

I request consumers to take caution while being Swift or Dzire, as the problem exists in both of these models. Also, please take utmost care while buying Maruti vehicle as its customer service is worst and they always try to blame the customer for anything that happens to the vehicle.

Default Inefficient Service

This is against DD Motors, Mayapuri, New Delhi.

This is the feedback I gave on their website.

I own a Maruti Wagon R bearing registration no DL 9C N 5797 which was recently given to your workshop for checkup of the following:

1)Fuel Efficiency (my car's average is approx 8 Km/Liter)
    2)Headlight Change (You fixed a brand new headlight)
    3)It was giving jerks whenever you leave the accelerator

Though the bill was settled in cash about a few days ago, however to my utter surprise that not even a single issue was fixed by your workshop. Even the brand new headlight not works.

I get my car repaired only at authorised workshops but this time your workshop has cheated me for time and money.

I plan to take this to Maruti Head office complaint cell and Consumer Court to settle the scores with your workshop.

Moreover the supervisor/technician who was involved in this had the most unprofessional attitude i have ever seen.

With this type of customer service, I am sure your company is heading for a near diaster.

This matter would be escalated to the highest level available and you would be a witness to that.

Amit Arora

Dt. 25.9.09
    admin@consumercourt.in
    gmworks@marutimycar.com

Sirs,

Subject - My SWIFT VXI has become junk in 3- years & 25,000 Kms.
    WHO SHOULD I COUNT ON

After retirement, I purchased a MARUTI SWIFT VXI car from My Car Pvt. Ltd. Kanpur, registered on 28.12.2006. The details are
    Registration No. UP78 BF 5863
    Customer ID 1061466068
    Eng. No. 320411
    Chassis No. 186147
    Fitted with Tube Less JK Tires
    Under Chassis Protection Done
    Extended warrantee for 4-years taken
    65% no claim bonus on insurance still continuing.
    Covered 25,800 Kms.
    I have been following all precautions, myself being an automobile engineer with 40 years of experience.

It was a dream car for first 1 years. Absolutely soundless, superb mileage and excellent handling. Giving me an average of astounding 16 km/lit. In long trips, it was even better.

It was such a good vehicle that my neighbor drove it for 5 minutes only and that very day confirmed his booking for Swift Dezire from his short listed vehicles.

During this initial period , my car was doing around 40 Km every day and for the last six months it is doing around 20 Kms every day but it has never been idle and all 'to-dos' have been complied with like maintaining tire pressure etc. There have been only two bad incidents during this period-
    1. With in a week after purchasing , one tyre got punctured on the sidewall , an irreparable
    damage. The tire was replaced by JK Tire very reluctantly only due to strong pressure from
    the My car Works Manager.
    2. Again after 1-year , another tire got a side wall puncture , which I had to convert to a tire &
    Tube system.
    (Side wall puncture in a Tube Less tire is a crime, a technical weakness. It renders the tire a scrap only)
    3. During this period only , I came to know that JK Tire is the cheapest in the market and not
    favored. It costs Rs.1300/- compared to Rs.1900/- of MRF.

My euphoria on the car broke when I took the car for servicing after 1 years. The vehicle started giving only 12 Km. /Lit. after the service.

I took the vehicle to KTL (another dealer in Kanpur), they also serviced it and the mileage only marginally improved. I accepted it as destined. The vehicle otherwise was good.

Now when I took the vehicle for 3rd. Year servicing, I had the following problems-
    1. The vehicle was giving only 10 Km. /Lit.
    2. The vehicle is full of high frequency noise giving severe head ache in long drive. The noises
    are Tire Noise, Wheel whining noise and acceleration noise.
    During service another expensive Decarbonation was done. Mileage is still the same for which even in a country like USA making large cars, this car will be sent to junk yard. Imagine I have been spending thousands of rupees on extra fuel.

For noise, I was told that it is because of tires and My Car can not do anything. The car was returned with servicing done but without correction of the problems.

I bought Swift for a good experience of driving and pleasure. Washing hands is not the solution, tell me, suggest me what will restore the vehicle to its full glory and do it. If I can spend Rs.5000-7000/- every visit , I can spend a few thousand more but do not make your product a junk in 2 years and 25000 kms.

RIDICULOUS. Maruti washing hands from its responsibilities. I have bought a FULL CAR from Maruti because I trusted it, and not loose components. Who will take case of faulty products from INFAMOUS Vendors like JK Tyres? Tires junk with in 25000 Kms. If it were worn out, it is different; if it covers around 60000 Kms, it is OK, but otherwise within 25000 kms. It is only bad product. Does Maruti give protection to bad vendors for cost saving and then wash hands from it. Maruti's quality control has started failing and they are not bothered about it.

What is the purpose of extended warrantee? I have done and observed all norms that a consumer could.
    Now my Swift should perform and Maruti should ensure it. That is what ' COUNT ON US ' has to live up to. I want my Swift as good as I had received when I bought it. A vehicle does not have a 2 year of life. 25000 Kms in a present day vehicle is nothing.

If not, I really wish that Maruti takes back this car so that it does not remind me everyday that I have been cheated.

I do not know who I should go to with my woes. Please do justice.

M.G.Jhingran

Default dr bhupat

My swift vdi purchased on april 2008, done 25000km started giving problem since 10 sep 2009. The svs & malfunction indicators remains on during driving the car. Got it checked -egr cleaned , car left for three days in workshop,had visited thrice to maruti authorised dealer: Lmj workshop, still no cure.technicall staff unable to locate the exact problem, tech2 showing egr problem,lodged complaint at 1800 1800 180 on 2-oct;complaint no.7753906838, still no response...
    Service person handed the car , charged the bill knowingly the problem was not cured. When i pointed them that indicator is still on ,they send me to another workshop to get code cleared by tech2. That's the way they make you fool, simultaneously they sympathesize you that this is not any big problem bring the car again the sensor will be changed / disconnected?????
    Regretting for purchasing swift.

DR.RAJAT GARG Guest

Default Non delivery of car since six months(swift vdi)

SIR,
    WITH DUE RESPECT, I WANT TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE THAT I HAVE BOOKED SWIFT VDI WITH STAN AUTOS, JALANDHAR DATED (05-09-2009)
    IN NAME OF MR. BALRAJ GARG. THE DEALER IS NOT GIVING US ANY SATISFACTORY REPLY INSPITE OF REPEATING VISITING THE DEALERSHIP. ALTHOUGH THEY OFFERED ME CAR IN OCTOBER BUT DUE TO SOME PROBLEM. I REQUESTED TO DELIVER IN JANUARY. EARLIER THEY PROMISE TO DELIVER IN JANUARY BUT NOW THEY ARE NOT GIVING SATISFACTORY REPLY. I AM REPEATING CALLING AND VISITING THEIR DEALERSHIP IN THIS MONTH BUT I AM FACING LOT OF PROBLEM DUE TO INCONVIENCE AND ITS VERY EMBRASSING EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR COMPANY.

I HUMBLING REQUEST U TO LOOK INTO THE MATTER AND DO ME NEED FULL.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
    DR.RAJAT GARG
    MOB NO.: 9815317143,9878820365
    ADDRESS :- HNO. 793,RATTIAN STREET, NAKODAR,PUNJAB
    EMAIL:-dr.rajatgarg@ymail.in

Ajay Patel Guest

Default Complain

Dealer- Srinath Motors, kaliyawadi, Navsari

I have booked a Maruti Swift since January and the dealer is not giving me any response as to when I will get the delivery. I have already paid the full amount and each time I get in touch with him, he commits for the delivery the next week but nothing happens.

Now when I called him today, his collegue told me that he is in Bankok. Is this a joke???? I have already told him that if I'm not getting the delivery until Friday(12th Feb), I do not want the car and want the money back.

He says that, there is an engine upgradation going on and this is the reason that, this much time is taking in the delay. Please confirm this and now I do not want the car even if I get it now or tomorrow or anytime. I just want my money back else I'm going to sue both Maruti and the owner of Srinath Motors.

You can see the level of frustration this is causing and I'll make sure that I do not deal with Maruti in the near future or ever.

If this is how the customers are treated then, it is best that either you improve your services or the customer finds a better option rather then beg in front of you.

I don't know whether this email will be read or not, I can't do anything rather then just hope that it will be.

Ajay Patel

Ti.M.SWAAMINATHAN Guest

Angry complaints regarding service provided my maruti car deals in channai and kanchipuram

Sir I have bought swift vdi bs iv. while doing my I service they have charged for underchase painting Rs2500. This is seems to very high and further i have enquired this in chennai they said they will charge only Rs1300/-. Whey there is so much difference in kanchipuram ganesh cars.
    the other thing is what we have to do for ii service. they insisted to do wheel balancing and alingment. is this is necessary.
    please clear for all details.

Then when i purchase (25th april- i took my delivery) my vehicles they have charged enomously and still i have not received the detailed bill for my purchase despite several phone calls and emails. But still it is futile.they have given quotation and other accessaries but i dont know the detailed bill for the same.I have bought my vehile in chennai valasaravakkam CARS ltd.

Uday Pawar Guest

Default Complaint Against Swift

I had purchased Maruti Swift VDI on August 14th, 2008. Though regular maintenance was carried as per the schedule at Maruti Dealer Workshop, the svs & malfunction indicators remains on during driving the car. Got it checked at authorized dealer but not received any satisfactory answer for the issue. I have left the car for two days at the workshop but problem is still there.
    It's very poor and really disgusting service from authorized dealers. Even the mechanics were not much expert to resolve the issue.

P. K. gandhi Guest

Default Not getting delivery date from Dealer...

My name is Pranav K @@@@hi. I booked Maruti Swift ZXI (petrol version, new model launch) from Spectra Motors Ltd., Borivali, Mumbai on date 28-8-2011, with token amount of rs. 15,000/-. Executive told me that day sir, u vl get your car in 2 months, its waiting period, b'coz of new launch, so i said no probs, i finished my all loan formalities, even as per der demand i paid down payment of rs. 1,56,000/-, even my EMI has been started. After 2 month i didnt get my car, so i continuously follow show room executive about my car delivery, but not get any satisfied answer from show room, even allotment manager Mr. Ashwin told me on 18-10-11, Mr. Pranav its not possible now, your car delivery date vl take minimum one month more, Till date i'm not getting my car delivery date or any satisfied answer from Spectra Motors Ltd. Borivali.

Pls guide me how can take any action against them. Why they are playing with genuine customers ?

Pranav @@@@hi.