Useful Information Customer Care Address Popular Judgments
FAQ Consumer Forum Reliance Karnataka Country Club Bajaj Allianz State Bank Of India
Court Fee Airtel Chandigarh Idea ICICI Lombord Andhra Bank
Where to file Complaint Vodafon Bengal Tata Indicom HDFC Standard Life HDFC Bank
Notice Sample Idea Uttarakhand Airtel IffcoTokio Icici Bank
First Appeal Consumer Forum BSNL Gujarat Reliance Metlife Punjab National Bank
Consumer Protection Act Nokia Rajasthan Vodafone SBI Life Insurance Bank Of India
RTI for Banks Micromax Assam Mobile Store Reliance General Insurance Canara Bank
Insurance Ombudsman Lava Uttar Pradesh MTNL New India Insurance Bank Of Baroda
Banking Ombudsman Karbonn Jharkhand Birla Sun Life National Insurance United India Insurance
How to start DND Sony Bihar LIC Oriental Insurance State Bank Mysore
Irctc TATA AIG India Bank


+ Submit Your Complaint
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Tata Communications Broadband - Fradulent, SCAM and very Poor Services

  1. #1
    sanjaydange is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Angry Tata Communications Broadband - Fradulent, SCAM and very Poor Services

    I would like to submit the official complaint regarding Tata Communications and Internet Services Ltd. I applied for subscription for New Infinity Plus Plan - 500 KBPS on 31 January, 2011 for which the installation was done on 6th/7th February, 2011. Since installation in the first week of february, 2011, the signals were very weak and many a times, were not accessible. The problem aggravated and connection stopped working from 14th February, 2011. We lodged a complaint on 15th February, the complaint id of which is 13385136. I would like to put the entire sequence of events below:

    Reiterating the sequence of events, I lodged a complaint on 15th February, 2011 for which I did not get any call from anyone from tata communciations. I made a subsequent follow up on 16th and a tech visited my premises on 17th february and after checking, he went away without any resolution. There was no call from Tata Communications side. I made a call again to your help desk on 18th and they told me that the problem was resolved by tech as given in their remark. I told them that the problem was not resolved for which they apologized and sent a tech on 20th who again could not resolve the problem. Mr. Nausheel Patel, the technical incharge confirmed on 22nd /23rd that due to problem in BTS, the connection is not feasible and I would be refunded. When I insisted for written confirmation, he started making excuses by saying that he had already sent email to his boss (Mr. Saji Pillai) and I would be getting refund shortly.

    After making hundreds of calls to call centre and Mr. Nausheel Patel, I fortunately got contact of nodal officer (Sunit Moghe) on 25th February, 2011, who got Mr. Saji in concall and assured me of resolution. Mr. Saji Pillai apologized and asked for giving 1 day more to get the connection corrected. I was insistent on refund, however on request from Mr. Saji Pillai and Mr. Sunit Moghe (Nodal Officer), i told them to get it corrected. I was assured that my connection would be activated on 26th and I would be able to use my connection on 26th February, 2011. No one again turned up till Tuesday, 1st of March, 2011 and inspite of leaving many messages at Mr. Saji Pillai's desk number and futile attempt to contact him on 9227634211, he did not bother to call me back (Extreme level of customer insensitivity)

    On 1st of March, 2011, Mr. Parth Desai (Sales Manager) reached the premises along with tech and after making efforts for 7 hours, they could connect to another BTS and they told me that I would be provided static ip on 2nd march and then i can use my internet. Again no one bothered to come on 2nd March, 2011, and I tried to contact Nodal Officer and Mr. Saji Pillai on his mobile number and my calls were again shamelessly ignored by both. On 3rd March, 2011, I made a follow up again to Nausheel Patel in the morning and he told me that I would be getting IPs by evening. I have got the IPs and again my connection is not working today.

    I am fed up now. I have tried to give calls to Mr. Sunit Moghe and Mr. Saji Pillai and no one is picking up my calls. I believe that Tata Communications is a SCAM and a CHEAT.

    I am now contacted my Legal Advisor to file a consumer case in consumer protection court in Surat.

    My user id is smartinfosys[at]vsnl.net

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjaydange View Post
    I would like to submit the official complaint regarding Tata Communications and Internet Services Ltd. I applied for subscription for New Infinity Plus Plan - 500 KBPS on 31 January, 2011 for which the installation was done on 6th/7th February, 2011. Since installation in the first week of february, 2011, the signals were very weak and many a times, were not accessible. The problem aggravated and connection stopped working from 14th February, 2011. We lodged a complaint on 15th February, the complaint id of which is 13385136. I would like to put the entire sequence of events below:

    Reiterating the sequence of events, I lodged a complaint on 15th February, 2011 for which I did not get any call from anyone from tata communciations. I made a subsequent follow up on 16th and a tech visited my premises on 17th february and after checking, he went away without any resolution. There was no call from Tata Communications side. I made a call again to your help desk on 18th and they told me that the problem was resolved by tech as given in their remark. I told them that the problem was not resolved for which they apologized and sent a tech on 20th who again could not resolve the problem. Mr. Nausheel Patel, the technical incharge confirmed on 22nd /23rd that due to problem in BTS, the connection is not feasible and I would be refunded. When I insisted for written confirmation, he started making excuses by saying that he had already sent email to his boss (Mr. Saji Pillai) and I would be getting refund shortly.

    After making hundreds of calls to call centre and Mr. Nausheel Patel, I fortunately got contact of nodal officer (Sunit Moghe) on 25th February, 2011, who got Mr. Saji in concall and assured me of resolution. Mr. Saji Pillai apologized and asked for giving 1 day more to get the connection corrected. I was insistent on refund, however on request from Mr. Saji Pillai and Mr. Sunit Moghe (Nodal Officer), i told them to get it corrected. I was assured that my connection would be activated on 26th and I would be able to use my connection on 26th February, 2011. No one again turned up till Tuesday, 1st of March, 2011 and inspite of leaving many messages at Mr. Saji Pillai's desk number and futile attempt to contact him on 9227634211, he did not bother to call me back (Extreme level of customer insensitivity)

    On 1st of March, 2011, Mr. Parth Desai (Sales Manager) reached the premises along with tech and after making efforts for 7 hours, they could connect to another BTS and they told me that I would be provided static ip on 2nd march and then i can use my internet. Again no one bothered to come on 2nd March, 2011, and I tried to contact Nodal Officer and Mr. Saji Pillai on his mobile number and my calls were again shamelessly ignored by both. On 3rd March, 2011, I made a follow up again to Nausheel Patel in the morning and he told me that I would be getting IPs by evening. I have got the IPs and again my connection is not working today.

    I am fed up now. I have tried to give calls to Mr. Sunit Moghe and Mr. Saji Pillai and no one is picking up my calls. I believe that Tata Communications is a SCAM and a CHEAT.

    I am now contacted my Legal Advisor to file a consumer case in consumer protection court in Surat.

    My user id is smartinfosys[at]vsnl.net
    Dear Mr.Sanjay

    Greetings from Tata Indicom!

    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

    We would like to inform that your complaint has been put before the concerned department. We have accorded it top priority and are expressly working towards resolving it at the earliest. We should revert to you shortly, request you to kindly bear with us in the interim.

    We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

    Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

    Thanks and Regards
    Customer Care
    Tata Indicom.

  3. #3
    sanjaydange is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Customer Support

    This is quite a standard response which i have been getting for last one month since installation. I have been passing through great mental agony and only apologize will not compensate the time devoted in this. I would like to take this issue to logical end, hence moving forward with my crusade on other customer portals, blogs and techs forum. Now the time has come when bigger companies cannot take customer for a ride. They need to be accountable. I would also like you to put forward this issue to your management team. If such treatment is given to corporate customer like us, i can only imagine that situation would be much worse for small retail customers who do not want to take legal recourse. Our company has a legal cell and i will definitely make it sure that such issues are handled as per the perview of law.

  4. #4
    sanjaydange is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjaydange View Post
    Customer Support

    This is quite a standard response which i have been getting for last one month since installation. I have been passing through great mental agony and only apologize will not compensate the time devoted in this. I would like to take this issue to logical end, hence moving forward with my crusade on other customer portals, blogs and techs forum. Now the time has come when bigger companies cannot take customer for a ride. They need to be accountable. I would also like you to put forward this issue to your management team. If such treatment is given to corporate customer like us, i can only imagine that situation would be much worse for small retail customers who do not want to take legal recourse. Our company has a legal cell and i will definitely make it sure that such issues are handled as per the perview of law.
    After reporting the issue here, i have got the connection active, however the run is not over. I have been now following up to add number of days lost as the connection was down since 15th February, however this is no answer from them. I am in consistent touch with Mr. Sunil Moghe and Mr Saji about my credit, however not getting any answer.

    I would advice all the prospective broadband customers not to go for tata communications at any cost. The company is a big fraud and the customer support is pathetic.

  5. #5
    sanjaydange is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    It is very surprising that after writing it over here and getting acknowledgement of Tata Representative over here, i have not yet got the credit adjustment notification. In last 4 days, i have made 40 calls and sent emails at customerservice@tatacommunications.com and various other addresses. It is now a proven fact that Tata Communications is a fraud company and will run away with your money. The customer support is pathetic, so is broadband connectivity and speed. I would advice everyone to stay away from this fraud company. I have filed a legal suit in Consumer Court of Surat and i will be updating this forum shortly.

    I would also like to know if consumercourt.in administrator can help us in this regard.
    Last edited by sanjaydange; 03-10-2011 at 08:22 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjaydange View Post
    I would like to submit the official complaint regarding Tata Communications and Internet Services Ltd. I applied for subscription for New Infinity Plus Plan - 500 KBPS on 31 January, 2011 for which the installation was done on 6th/7th February, 2011. Since installation in the first week of february, 2011, the signals were very weak and many a times, were not accessible. The problem aggravated and connection stopped working from 14th February, 2011. We lodged a complaint on 15th February, the complaint id of which is 13385136. I would like to put the entire sequence of events below:

    Reiterating the sequence of events, I lodged a complaint on 15th February, 2011 for which I did not get any call from anyone from tata communciations. I made a subsequent follow up on 16th and a tech visited my premises on 17th february and after checking, he went away without any resolution. There was no call from Tata Communications side. I made a call again to your help desk on 18th and they told me that the problem was resolved by tech as given in their remark. I told them that the problem was not resolved for which they apologized and sent a tech on 20th who again could not resolve the problem. Mr. Nausheel Patel, the technical incharge confirmed on 22nd /23rd that due to problem in BTS, the connection is not feasible and I would be refunded. When I insisted for written confirmation, he started making excuses by saying that he had already sent email to his boss (Mr. Saji Pillai) and I would be getting refund shortly.

    After making hundreds of calls to call centre and Mr. Nausheel Patel, I fortunately got contact of nodal officer (Sunit Moghe) on 25th February, 2011, who got Mr. Saji in concall and assured me of resolution. Mr. Saji Pillai apologized and asked for giving 1 day more to get the connection corrected. I was insistent on refund, however on request from Mr. Saji Pillai and Mr. Sunit Moghe (Nodal Officer), i told them to get it corrected. I was assured that my connection would be activated on 26th and I would be able to use my connection on 26th February, 2011. No one again turned up till Tuesday, 1st of March, 2011 and inspite of leaving many messages at Mr. Saji Pillai's desk number and futile attempt to contact him on 9227634211, he did not bother to call me back (Extreme level of customer insensitivity)

    On 1st of March, 2011, Mr. Parth Desai (Sales Manager) reached the premises along with tech and after making efforts for 7 hours, they could connect to another BTS and they told me that I would be provided static ip on 2nd march and then i can use my internet. Again no one bothered to come on 2nd March, 2011, and I tried to contact Nodal Officer and Mr. Saji Pillai on his mobile number and my calls were again shamelessly ignored by both. On 3rd March, 2011, I made a follow up again to Nausheel Patel in the morning and he told me that I would be getting IPs by evening. I have got the IPs and again my connection is not working today.

    I am fed up now. I have tried to give calls to Mr. Sunit Moghe and Mr. Saji Pillai and no one is picking up my calls. I believe that Tata Communications is a SCAM and a CHEAT.

    I am now contacted my Legal Advisor to file a consumer case in consumer protection court in Surat.

    My user id is smartinfosys[at]vsnl.net
    Dear Mr.Sanjay

    Greetings from Tata Indicom!

    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

    We have confirmed from concerned department, that our team spoke to you and updated the resolution.

    Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

    Thanks and Regards
    Customer Care
    Tata Indicom.

  7. #7
    sanjaydange is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I am exhausted now and claim of senior member of Tata communication is totally false. It further consolidates my view that tata communications is a fraud. I have been consistently claiming that till today, no one has bothered to contact me. I am talking specifically of my connection named smartinfosys@vsnl.net which was down for a month and still i have not been provided credit for the same. I am fed up of writing emails to Nodal officer, Technical Head and Customer Service

    I still stand with my view that Tata Communications is a SCAM and advice everyone over here not to avail internet connection services from them.

  8. #8
    sanjaydange is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I would like to give status report to everyone on the forum that no credit has yet been extended. It clearly suggests that even this forum has been proved ineffective in dealing with such fraud companies. This is height of shamelessness on the part of Tata Communications that inspite of such a customer feedback, they have not bothered to reply.

  9. #9
    sanjaydange is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quick Update: My thought about tata communications being a fradulent company is well being consolidated with every passing day. I have not yet been provided credit against downtime and i have made hundreds of calls. It is very surprising that inspite of posting this experience on public forum, Tata Communications has not taken it seriously. It well proves that they are shameless and quite ensconced in their self created position of comfort and self righteousness. They must realize that unless they give priority to customer services, they cannot stay in market for long.

    I would also like everyone on this forum to post one's experience with broadband companies over here.

  10. #10
    Unregistered Guest

    Angry Tata Photon Plus worst Customer Service.

    Hi,

    I had a postpaid tata photon plus connection which i bought in bangalore, Karnataka 1.5 year back. i moved to chennai, tamilnadu after that. 8 months back i changed my connection from postpaid to prepaid in chennai tamilnadu. it got converted based on my request.

    But after one month it is disabled due to the documents are not received. still it shows the same status and am not able to use the photon plus connection for past 8 months.

    In the mean time i have given my documents again for 3 times in 3 different tata indicom stores in Chennai (based on the customer care executive told ) still the issue is not resolved.

    Now if i call the customer care and tell all this stories they heard everything completely and disconnect the call, Stupid Customer care executives they are not working for the money they are getting, instead of this they can do something else .

    Am tired on calling customer care, and submitting documents again and again. i want to get the resolution for this ASAP. Else return back my money and take the tata photon plus device. ill go ahead with the good customer friendly service.

    Now they are telling (not the customer care, in the tata indicom store) we can't submit a document for connection which is bought in bangalore. Then tell me the why did you accepted the migration document only in chennai. If you would have not accepted then there is a genuine reason you can now say that you wont accept the document here.

    Am thinking of going to a legal adviser to file a case against them.

    Are the Tata indicom is mad to say that we'll accept the migration document (migration + the ID proof) from any where india. but again you have to submit the ID proof in the place where you bought the connection. Don't you think it is stupid.

    Latest online complaint number - 265610 My tata photon plus number is 9243284233.

  11. #11
    Gopalakrishna Guest

    Angry Tata communications is fradulent in their metering beware and Pathetic Customer supp

    I initially did not believe what was written in the forums around. Now it turned out to be true. There is a consistent track of false data usage. I had given complaints in the customer care as well as by phone to Help desk. But of little use. They consistently try to deny what is showing up on their screens even after providing evidence that the records have been tampered. I have a prepaid account of Photon+ and the data usage is shown as approx. 19 Mb of the given day and the amount that was deducted was Rs 93/- which they failed to explain. The very same day when i showed them their log of usage and asked them for the calculation they said they will register complaint and then when contacted by the call center they are into denial mode. Luckily I took the screen shots of the usage which clearly shows the usage and the charge. The next thing they did was to change the records to reflect the usage to 93 Mb and start claiming that I used 93 Mb and so they charged Rs 93. Unfortunately to them, i have recorded evidence of the earlier readings. So beware of this kind of theft. Also they continue to record the bill in the same way even after giving complaints. So god save you all. Please keep an eye on what they are billing. Else you will end up like me.

    Thanks,
    Gopalakrishna

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Dear Mr.Gopal,

    Greetings from Tata Indicom!

    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

    We request you to kindly provide us your Tata photon connection details, your e-mail Id or your alternate contact number, which will assist us in doing the needful.

    We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

    Please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Customer Care,
    Tata Indicom.

  13. #13
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Broadband issues - Tata Communications

    My local server goes down for 2 or 3 days very often. But the call center dont easily accept that there is a server problem. But when the problem gets solved, the local cable guys come and say everything is fine and the server was down for last n days. Especially in the last 20 days I have raised 6 complaints due to frequent disconnection.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My local server goes down for 2 or 3 days very often. But the call center dont easily accept that there is a server problem. But when the problem gets solved, the local cable guys come and say everything is fine and the server was down for last n days. Especially in the last 20 days I have raised 6 complaints due to frequent disconnection.
    Dear Customer,

    Greetings from Tata Docomo!

    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

    We request you to kindly provide us your Tata Indicom Broadband connection details, e-mail id or your alternate contact number which will assist us in doing the needful.

    We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

    Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Customer care
    Tata Docomo.

  15. #15
    CHSAIVIJAY Guest

    Default Frequent deactivation of connection

    Hi,
    I am customer of Tata communications from morethan 5 years. I am struggling a lot with frequent deactivation of my connection. I literally spent more than 50 hours fighting with customer care to get my connection to normalcy. Very frustrated after frequent disconnections. My connection is barred today and missed all my business communications. I have been trying to reach out customer care from past 3 hours but I am unable to reach. I have tried out all the contact numbers provided by TATA. I want to escalate this to get this corrected and I want to know the reason for disconnection.

    I stick to TATA because I dont like to switch often to new networks but I am forced to moved out. Please take necessary action and make sure this will not be repeated.

    Thanks in advance.
    -Vijay.
    92822 30885

+ Submit Your Complaint

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  2. Tata indicom broadband services
    By richakala in forum Broadband
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 07:56 PM
  3. Airtel broadband internet billing is fradulent
    By AAhmed in forum Product And Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 05:31 PM
  4. Tata Communications to expand network services to China
    By Unregistered in forum Investment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 05:47 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •