Thread: Slow broadband connection

Angry sify broadband - worst of all

Sify is the worst service provider i've ever seen. Transfer rates are so bad and so-called customer care take "little" care of customers. It really has no value.

ashwinibehera is offline Junior Member
    May 2010

I would post a complaint/awareness against two Service Providers.

For all the readers, I am from Kolkata Location. So my message is against the Service Providers from here.

1. Tata Indicom --> I shifted my place, as a result there was supposed to be a shift of location to happen. But unfortunately, the Tata Services employee said it cannot happen over there. So i tried for a new connection, to which i Get a reply after few days, that yes the connection is possible. (Surprising to me, one says the Service cannot happen, and the other says it can).
    So i call up the tata person asking them to install me with the new connection. But THEY WANT ME TO PAY 4 MONTHS IN ADVANCE IF I WANT THE SERVICE. There is a scheme in TATA, if I want the service, they can either go for Installment Charges or they can waive off the installment charges if i agree to pay for 4 months. I was taking a high speed connection for my office usage. So if i pay for 4 months, it would cost me 6000 /-.

I really donot understand the monopoly run by companies. Hope this message is of some help to the Consumer Community.

2. My second complaint is against ORTEL COMMUNICATIONS LTD.
    The company says it is ISO 9001:2000 certified, but they have the Worst Customer care system. For instance I have no connection available in my house for the last two days. When I call them, they either donot pick up the call or they say to call me back after 15 mins, which never happens. Also, i have not been provided with a bill for last month, neither did anyone come to pick up my monthly bill for last month.

Recently they changed to the SMART CARD DTS system. But before switching, the card was not provided to all Customers. Personally i had to go to pick up my card, and then got it installed myself. When I installed it, I find I dont get any channels. I call them up many times( as usual even the Customer Care Number didnot pick up). When they did, first they said, they would provide me the Service after 15 mins, which never came. I call them after two hrs and then they resopnded that I wont get service till late night (that too they are not sure). I am not sure, when I can get my connection neither is their any information from the Service/Cable Operator (Ortel provides Internet and Cable).

When we see the ISO certification of a company, we trust them. But in my case, I am not able to trust a single word from them. Also there is no Quality Management, Some channels get off all of a sudden. I have tried a lotof arguement with them, but they dont seem to bother any complaints or greivance from us.
    Also there is no proper Customer Care Service with them. I have no other choice but write it to you.

Hope the information provided by me is enough for the Consumer Court.

I would be highly obliged if some action is taken against the monopoly of the Service Providers, that runs in our society and mugs us the citizen.

Waiting for a response
    Ashwini Kumar Behera
    Flat no 103 F,
    Ujjwalla Appartment
    Rajarhat - 700157
    Kolkata.

With an ISO certified company 1. how can they

Unhappy

im naveen. My telephone number is 0431-2764546. I am a customer of BSNL land line connection and Broad band connection(256kbs speed). Since last two weeks, my broad band connection completely dead slow and there is no response from the respected BSNL staff in restoring my broad band connection, inspite of lodging complaint over phone, begging personally several times, to the staff at woriyur telephone exchange office, office located at salai road,trichy to solve my problem. But till this moment my broad band connection is not restored. Will some higher officials in BSNL, tamil nadu take necessary action in restoring my broad band connection, atleast after looking at this complaint.
    thank you!

Nov 2009

it is posted for test only.
    Last edited by Airtel_Presence; 07-14-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: test

mots is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2010

yes Sify is really bad..I have used Sify.
    Airtel is equally bad..trust me you dont want an Airtel broadband..MTNL is fast, gives the speed it says on the brochure and is cheaper too..only reason MTNL isnt popular is because they dont market their products well and if you come to think of it, MTNL is a government company so they wont cheat you because its public money afterall.

adv.richa is offline Moderator
    Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mots View Post
    yes Sify is really bad..I have used Sify.

Thanks for sharing your experience, hope this will help other consumers to choose the right product/services.

gyan is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2010

Take my advice. Don't go for sify. If u want the best service go
    for BSNL data one.

Sify have lot of connectivity problem and the worse customer
    care.

If you don't believe me then first try to check out the reviews
    of sify broadband.

Many consumer court are pending on sify and they don't bother
    for that too.

One of the case is going on as long as 3 years.

Yes...Friend,
    I know very well....
    Sify Net connction is very very poor...
    I can't explain more myself about that sify...
    Pls Understand everyone it is really very bad connection for net...

Nov 2009

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However as your contact number is non contactable, we have sent a sms for the same. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@airtel.in with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

Ricky
    Airtel Customer Service Team

Nov 2009

I would like to inform you that your concern listed on 29 Dec 2009, has been resolved.

Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtel.in

Sunil
    Airtel Customer Service Team

Default broad band not working propely

Hi, I am having a MTNL Broadband connection no 29966958, I am facing too many problems like slow browsing, DNS not pinging, cannot use phone and broadband simultaneously. I talked many time on their customer care but still the problem is same.....

please take some action againt this.........

Angry Virgin mobile broadband slow speed

I brought virgin vflash drive 3 months ago
    first i used 2gb plan,at that time i got good speed
    but after that i shifted to unlimited usage in 7200 min plan
    since then i have been facing speed issues
    i was promised speed of 3.1mbps but all i get is .4-.5mbps max and generally it is 20-30kbps
    i have filed my complain on customer care abou 4-5 times but all i get is false promises.
    my network doesnt work but the timer of my usage keeps on going
    daily about 1hour of my usage is wasted like this

Default slow broadbnd speed and bad response from custmer care executive

i have a bsnl broadband connection of 256 kbps unlimited downloading plan but i get the speed of around 24-32 kbps. when i complaint to custmer care 26 jan. they write a complaint and give me a complaint no.(1002115667). but after 26 jan i call them every day but they cant do any action and a custmer care executive talking very rudly and say just cut the phone it is good for you. from the heart bsnl service is v. v. poor and the cus. care excut. are abnormal

Thumbs down What else.... speed issue

Hi Team,

TATA PHOTON PLUS

I'm trouble to browse the internet in my brand new laptop with your very fast, indua's number one Tata Photon plus devise.

Committed in Ads: 3.1Mbps
    Actual : 256Kbps(Technical Customer care executive told me). If we get 256Kbps then they is no issue in device as well as network.
    But i'm getting: Less than 100Kbps.

Reason for low speed: More number users use the same tower in my area. So I should share my internet speed to others(unknown persons) and i should pay for that also. Indirectly, they told my unknown person is using my network speed, so i need to wait until he will close connection.

I'm paying Rs.1000 per month for that

Real CHEATERS!!!

Very simple example: when i tried to login to the gmail, google ask me to load the basic html, beacuse my internet speed is very pathatic Less than 100Kbps(12KBps) download speed.

Below tickets were raised in past three weeks. after that i was stopped to call customer care. Because every time i called, they raised a new ticket and gave it to me!!! But problem was not yet resolved!!!!

Complaint Numbers:
    256655 - Open

raviproff is offline Junior Member
    Mar 2011

TATA PHOTON PLUS

I'm trouble to browse the internet in my brand new laptop with your very fast, india's number one Tata Photon plus devise.

Committed in Ads: 3.1Mbps
    But i'm getting: Less than 100Kbps.

Reason for low speed: More number users use the same tower in my area. So I should share my internet speed to others(unknown persons) and i should pay for that also. Indirectly, they told unknown person is using my network speed, so i need to wait until he will close connection.

I'm paying Rs.1000 per month for that

Real CHEATERS!!!

Very simple example: when i tried to login to the gmail, google ask me to load the basic html, beacuse my internet speed is very pathetic, Less than 100Kbps(12KBps) download speed.

Complaint Numbers:
    256643 - Open
    256655 - Open

sanjaydange is offline Junior Member
    Mar 2011

I believe that Hathway being a smaller company gives personal attention. I have just taken another connection from Hathway and I am happy with them. I would advice everyone not to avail Tata Communications Broadband Services. The customer service is horrible and the company is a scam/fraud. I have already mentioned my complaint in another post.

1. Not got broadband connection yet
    By Vishnu Shanker in forum Broadband
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 12:50 AM
  2. air tel broadband connection
    By dinesh kumar. in forum Broadband
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 02:07 AM