Thread: Complaints against TVS Apache RTR 160 warranty

Default Complaints against TVS Apache RTR 160 warranty

In below mentioned statement; I have described my harassment & painful experience after buying such a bike of TVS. It is not only with me, I also know many of TVS Apache RTR 160 owner who have been suffering the same. I'm sure that TVS company is just intend to make short term profit by making very poor, cheap quality & faulty design vehicle like TVS Apache RTR 160. They know well, how to lure customers by hiding their faulty spares behind eye catchy cabinets. I'm sure that their servicing is not going to give us any desired output. I am just working to assemble some of unsatisfied consumers like me & file a case aginst TVS. I don't want to see any more person to suffer like me. Please suggest/guide me so that we can file a strong case against TVS.

POOR QUALITY BIKE
    Bike Owner Name: Kapil Goel
    Bike No. : HR29 X-4264
    Bike purchased on: April/May 2010

Suffering from: After around 2 months of purchase.

Defects in bike:
    - Abnormal vibration (whole bike body) after 50-70 km/hr.
    - Gear box (Gear Slippage & Gear Change problem).
    - Tyre skid (indicates poor TVS tyre quality).
    - Faulty Tachometer & Fuel gauge (Fuel not showing correctly, showing wrong service timing - in my last recent service engine oil was half ltr. in engine at the time of service)
    - Very uncomfortable sitting design (Suffering from back pain during/after riding)
    - Rusting on parts & chassis.
    - Handle noise (Cone set, Shocker pump)
    - Rear Shocker problems
    - Chain set noise.

Changed under warranty after long time conversation :
    - Cone set changed
    - Silencer (Rusting Problem)
    - Rear Shocker (Oil Leakage)
    - Disk Plate & Disk Pad (Rusting Problem)
    - Shocker pump (Handle Noise) (problem persist- shocker pump will change it again)

Pending Issues :
    - clutch plates (Neutral problem from starting, gear changing problem as already checked by TVS engineer & said this is wear n tear part without checking)
    - Chain set
    - Suspension is hard when drive single
    - Shocker Pump (Handle Noise)
    - Tachometer
    - Rusting on parts.
    - Tyres Skid (on sand, smooth floor, little wet mud floor)
    - Alloy wheel paint

Comments of TVS Engineer Mr. Chetan Gupta on Phone :
    - Rusting problem's only in Faridabad as the water is not good for Apache bike.
    - For Open Chain set Faridabad climate is not good.
    - Gear Shifting problem (after checking the problem Engineer Mr. Mohd. Idreus said this is not include in engine warranty as this is wear & tear part & They will not change this in underwarranty - so what is the warranty?)

All service at Tayal TVS Motors (Faridabad)
    Purchased from: Tayal TVS Motors, Faridabad.

Servicing means only they understand oil change, air & oil filter replacement and cleaning of bike.

Most Worst Situation : Today on dt. 22/04/2011 my bike chain noising so i went to Tayal TVS Service station for lubricate the chain after lubricate the chain i take my bike & went to delhi for some work after 3-4 Km the bike chain lock was broken & I was not in the situation to go back to service station. See if this will go on in under warranty of bike then you can understand my situation (Product Quality is very poor). I managed & purchase chain lock from local market & fixup on another bikezone service station. This issu is not tolerated.

Need proper inspection of my bike with all issue will be resolved otherwise they will pay due to this i am suffering from lower back pain also.

TVS all spare parts is costly including labour. These problems in first year of purchasing this bike then how can i manage with this bike?

Pls. take a strict action against TVS Company for poor quality products provide to consumer. I will be highly obliged.

For any clarification pls. feel free to contact me.

M-9818471113

Apr 2011

Still My bike is giving me a problem as described in my previous post, i am not satisfied with TVS Apache service.

Kindly do the need full.

1. Clutch plates & cylinder kit (Changed in warranty) (Oil is less than 500 ml. from last two services) but problem not rectify by the engineer. Pickup problem, Noise problem, Some time battery work properly some time not.
    2. Rusting on parts. (Silencer & other parts - already change in warranty but issue is same)
    3. Tyre problems. (Mr. Chetan Gupta told me to change tyre on his credibility from last year but no response from the Agency to till date) skids on wet road.
    4. Hard Suspension. (Shockers already changed in warranty & very Hard)
    5. Chain set noise with rust. (Changed in warranty)
    6. Disk pad & Disk Plate rusting.(Changed in Warranty)
    7. Clutch plates (already change in warranty clutch wire - paid) Problem same neutral & pick up problem
    8. Shocker Pump (already change in warranty 2-3 times) problem is same.
    9. Cone set (already changed 2-3 times in warranty)

Every time we have to call TVS Engineer (Pramod Kr. Arya or Chetan Gupta) & ask for our parts is available or not for replacement, they don't call us for our problem is resolved or not.

Kindly take strict action against TVS as they are not able to provide us proper service.

This bike is dump for me. I am fed up talking with engineers & running around them. what to do now? pls. suggest me. If you'll see then you'll think how much i've to paid after the warranty if most of the parts are changed in warranty.

Sir this is not one time parts changing problem this is the issue of harrasment. I don't have such time to go in TVS agency in weekdays & don't want to paid any more to TVS.

Pls. justice with me.

M - 9818471113

" Dear Sir,

Still the issue is pending & i am frustrated to call the engineers.

All the issues are still pending.

Rusting on chasis again already changed.
    Engine noise is coming, from last two services engine oil is coming less from the engine capacity.
    Shocker problem Front shocker noise, cone set & shocker pump already changed.
    Chain set noise.
    All over the product quality is not good. Most of the parts have rusting problem. I don't know why the problems come again and again. Pls. solve this issue as i beleive i'll have to sell this bike this is a piece of junk.

Now what to do?

Kapil Goel"

Quote Originally Posted by kapil_goel View Post

Kindly do the need full.

4. Hard Suspension. (Shockers already changed in warranty & very Hard)
    5. Chain set noise with rust. (Changed in warranty)
    6. Disk pad & Disk Plate rusting.(Changed in Warranty)
    8. Shocker Pump (already change in warranty 2-3 times) problem is same.
    9. Cone set (already changed 2-3 times in warranty)

Pls. justice with me.

M - 9818471113

Prashanth Ellandula is offline Junior Member
    May 2012

I am Prashanth, I have bought TVS Apache 160 in December 2011, now its giving me a lot of problems. In the beginning the bike was well. The problem started from my second servicing, till the second servicing the mileage was about 46-50 kmpl, but now after the third servicing its giving below 38kmpl. I spent almost 4000 rs for the servicing and for the spare parts. In the third servicing they said that the bike's clutch plates , engine piston and some other parts are to be replaced, for that they charged almost 2000 rs. After the 3rd servicing for oil change change they charged me 440rs. I keep on spending on the new bike in vain. I think the main problem is with the servicing center, they not even changes the oil well, if I tell them any problem they suggests me to come after some days. The servicing center name is Anjali TVS (ameerpet, Hyderabad).

Name : Prashanth
    Engine no: OE4NA2213543
    color: Gray
    Mobile:91-9700696449
    Purchased: December 2011

Rohit Upadhyay Guest

Angry Complaint about Front Tyre

I have bought a Apche RTR 160 on dated 24/10/2012. From first day i have complaint about my bike front Tyre to Chacha Motors,Circular road Kasganj and Mittal Tyre Circular Road Kasganj. But they are not giving me any satisfied answer from last 20 days so i am requesting you heartily to solve my problem.

Rohit Upadhyay
    Engine No. 0E4KC2408609
    Color Black
    Mobile No 09927224310
    Purchasing Date 24 Oct 2012
    email id ajaysv.ksj@gmail.com

er.rohitkr Guest

Angry back shocker lickage

I have bought a Apche RTR 160 double disc on dated 24/04/2011.And my bike purchase from bhagalpur "Rameshwaram tvs" my back shocker lick but when i meet to "Deni tvs" at "Patna" he says meet at "Bhagalpur" "Rameshwaram tvs" now i live in patna so i want o say that plz plz exchange my back shocker in patna ,

DESHRAJ KUMAWAT Guest

Default Complaint with respect to bike apache rtr 180

I am one of your customer having purchased above mentioned from one of the showroom from Rajasthan (Jhunjhunu) in 2011 (April) with warranty of two years thus still to expire. My bike sustained some problem in gear operating system ( hard to gear). I told about the same problem to one of the showroom located at Nasik named PAVA SERVICE CENTRE NEAR TO DWARIKA CIRCLE but same was either rectified or replaced. Again second time same was told but ignored saying that get it repaired from where it was purchased. i got disappointed hearing this as my younger brother was also planning to purchase the same bike but i don't want this happen with him.

Thumbs down Bad response and wrost service of tvs apache

DEAR SIR,

I have purchased Apache RTR 160 BS3 Engine No:OE4GC2392592, CHASIS NO:MD634KE43C2G06292, VEHICLE REG NO:AP29AX5099. in the month of NOV.12 and facing problem with the Head Light. & i had visited the Nikki Tvs Authorised Service Center at Vanasthalipuram, Hyderabad to rectify the same problem the workshop technical person told that there is a manufacture problem. they adviced me to visit after 10 days they will replace the Head light assembly as they forwarded the complaint to Tvs Motors. After 10 days i visited the workshop but there is no proper response so i visited other service Center. Susheel Tvs Authorised Dealer at kukkatpally 'Y' junction for 4th Free Service i explained the same problem to the service advisor he gauranteed that he will rectify the problem after completing the work i went to take delivery at the time i noticed that they did not cleaned my vehicle properly they applied oil on every part of my bike for black shining what is the use to apply oil if there is no polish to clean the vehicle i can wash perfectly at my home what is the use to visit the service center and more over they did not adjusted my head light as well as my bike handle is very cross. I am much frustrated with this service of my bike. I hope Quick Response from Tvs Authoroties

Adil

Tushar M Guest

Default Starting Problem & Defective SpedoMeter Assembly

I purchased the Apache RTR-160 2012 model from Manickbag Automobiles, Belgaum on 13th Feb 2013. The performance of the bike was good for 3 months [3900 kms] but now it is giving a weird starting problem. When i press the starter its giving a khaaarrrrrr sound & bike is unable to start. When i try the kick start, the kick is not showing any pressure & give the same khaarrrrr sound.

The speedometer has a problem with the time display.

The bike has been in service center for 2 days but still I haven't got any reply about the situation. The guys there said that it will be covered under warranty & i don't have to pay anything but they need to open up the engine to fix the problem.

They will be repairing the engine but i suggest the company to replace the defective engine/component under warranty. I never doubted the quality of TVS & when manufacturing 000's of bikes some defects are bound to happen but what matters here is how TVS reacts to the complaints.

I hope the defective component will be replaced rather than just repaired so that the goodwill of TVS brand is maintained & some true Apache RTR enthusiasts like me will still trust TVS.

Tushar M

UnregisteredDevesh Tiwari Guest

Default Problem in new bike Tvs apache 160

Sir i purchase new model apache at10-08-2012and after a few days my bike start making nois of clutch plates so i showd to srvice center at chowk they told me that it is the problem of chain and after service it will find but 4service gone and problem is same at starting i dnt know more about bikes but my frnd told me that the problem is of cluth plates not chain noise they maked me foool by saying chain noise and also said that every tvs bike has this problem as i m very dipreesed by taking Apache rtr whn i cme to know about i told them but they said that u have to pay for this plz take some strict action as soon as possible my bike is not old 1 year did'nt pass and a major problm started
    My no is 8896446689

amritpreets@yahoo.com Guest

Default apache issues

Yes There is a vibration problem in apache rtr. And my self motor broke down. In addition. Disk break is not good, as the front tire worn out more vigrously from the right side. But I drove my bike for 55000 km. Even I am using it for events and racing. I used my bike in very harsh conditions, but still my bike is in good condition. 45+ mileage at the speed of 100-110. Moreover my gear box is in well maintained, as no gear slip is there. I touched 135 kmph on my rtr 160

biswanath roy Guest

Default complaints against tvs service centre paetrs not available even break wire

I hv bought tvs wega from dankuni, Hooghly kolkatta last year but all times when I go to TVS service centre, they don't bother about customers, I went more than 5 times for service but thsy told parts are not available there,
    no parts are available even break wire which is most essential.

writenow tell me wts I have to do with out break wire how do I ride?

1. APACHE RTR 160 warranty, poor service, paid without bill
    By jaswinder singh in forum After Sale Services Issues
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
  2. tvs apache 160rtr
    By kapilkumarkohli in forum Bike
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 08:15 PM
  3. My apache rtr 160 is vibrating a lot....
    By prakash0693 in forum Bike