Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ICICI Bank

maverick is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2010

I am a business journalist by profession and have a ICICI Bank account and ICICI Securities trading account.
    I am now a financial advisor and have a wealth management firm.

I have serious issues with the ICICI group. First of all I had lodged a complaint that I lost my card in 2008. Few days later an inflated bill was sent in my name. When I called up the customer care they said that they will settle the amount for 11,000 or something. An executive was sent I handed him the cheque on promise that the settlement letter will be sent by evening. After 5 days passed and no reply came (the collection guy stopped taking my calls) I had to forcibly stop the payment of my cheque. Few days later I started getting abusive calls from their call centre.
    After few months I got shifted to Delhi. I again approached ICICI Bank for settlement of the amount in Oct 2009. I was told that amount will be "settled" in Rs 35,000....! to which I refused.

I recently applied for an IPO and the shares were not allotted to me. The amount went into the savings account which was inoperative from last 2 years. Suddenly the ICICI bank deducted 12,800 of the refund amount and adjusted this against my credit card outstanding. I wasnt informed, no email sent; no communication at all. I called up customer care and the lady was rude to the core.

Now I have decided to teach them a lesson or two. I am filing a case in consumer court, a criminal case of mental harrassment and use of abusive language. I am also through my network of agents throughout India launching a campaign against ICICI Banks/Securities advising them not to have any relations with them. Already I am closing ICICI Sec Demat accounts of my clients.

Also I am in process of having a small conference of personal finance experts and expose the functioning of ICICI group companies. Also I am starting a blog against the poor services of ICICI Bank.

These private banks have a misguided feeling that they can do anything to the customers. I am in touch with all stakeholders to file a consolidated PIL against ICICI Bank. It seeems that RBI is too busy with monetary policy and ICICI Bank is too arrogant to listen to its cutomers. Now a court order will only restore right senses.
    Having worked in business channels and knowing how these banks work, I know that only after few jobs gone, loss of prestige and heavy expenses on media management will the bank understand.

My credit card number is -ICICI Gold/VISA: 4477 4744 5646 4000
    I can be contacted on +91 9953718384

Thanks and regards,
    RK

ICICI Bank Care is offline Senior Member
    Sep 2009

We are the customer service team at ICICI Bank. We have made a note of your concern and your credit card number as mentioned here. We'll contact yu shortly and work to resolve the issue.

ICICI Customer Service Team.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post

I am now a financial advisor and have a wealth management firm.

My credit card number is -ICICI Gold/VISA: 4477 4744 5646 4000
    I can be contacted on +91 9953718384

Thanks and regards,
    RK

MANAS RANJAN MAHAPATRA Guest

Exclamation complant against icici bank limited (related to credit card )

I am Manas Ranjan Mahapatra S/o Late Shrei Sudarshan Mahapatra credit card number 4477474569725008 holders of ICICI BANK LTD.
    Sir, I am holding icici bank credit card from long time, but then I went to UAE, and become NRI, and then open an NRI account in ICICI BANK LTD also, before going to UAE I cleared all my dues, on leave I came back to INDIA and then I purchased some items of 12000/- that amount I paid by cash, without receiving there statement, April I wont get any statement and today 22 may I received a statement, in which I found that they put
    Rs110.30 for depositing cash,
    And as per them because I won’t paid Rs110.30 (which statement I wont received and even I won’t aware of) they put charges like
    Late payment charges of 400
    SERVICE TAX OF 41.20
    INTEREST CHARGES 10.57
    SERVICE TAX 1.09

TOTAL THEY made a payment of Rs. 563.16.

When I had word with customer care executive they told me we send you information to all icici customer that on cash payment they have to pay 110.30 as cash payment charges, when I told him as I am not aware about this because I was in UAE whose information is already with icici bank because they opened my NRI account, how they justified this that they informed me in INDIA, They have no answer for this, and they told me that we are giving you Rs. 200/- waver on your bill amount because you are not aware of this, I told him that I first pay remaining amount then I am going to complaint against this to consumer court, and ask court for justice, and file Harassment case against ICICI bank ltd. For my mental disturbance for this statement ,without informing me putting extra charges, late charges & extra charges on there charges (not on my purchase). They won’t say any thing and disconnect my call. That why I am complaining on behalf of myself and all the users who use ICICI credit card, to you and asking this that is it justified that they put charges
    1. On there charges?
    2. Can they put charges without informing?
    3. If they find that they did mistake can only Rs.200 is justified?
    4. Is it justified for there mistake we pay?
    5. Harassment is valid mantel, financial & physical stress?

I want judiciary help related to this please give me justice and teach them a lesson so that they won’t do this thing with any other person.

It’s my 1 complaint against any one in INDIA to consumer court, that’s why if you find any clerical mistake then please avoid it and if you need any more clarification then you can call me any time.

Thanks and regards

MANAS RANJAN MAHAPATRA
    S/o Late Shrei Sudarshan Mahapatra
    R/O 1241 sector 8 R.k.puram.
    New Delhi 110022.
    Email :- manas.ranjan.mahapatra@gmail.com

msandeep27 is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2010

THIS ID THE THIRD TIME I AM WRITING IN CONSUMER COURT TO LOOK INTO MY ISSUE
    MODERATOR REPLY ON THIS I AM EAGERLY WAITING FOR A RESPONSE

i went to croma chennai showroom to buy a laptop .i made two transactions one from hdfc(rs19000) and one from icici bank (rs 19000).
    i swiped both my cards.but the problem is when i swiped the hdfc card they got a slip and it was fine but when i swiped my icici card the slip did not come so i went to the near by atm but the cash was debited from my account.the croma manager is saying that they did not get the money as they did not recieve the slip.

so they gave in wriiten stating that the transaction was not not successfull.i lauched a complaint against that transaction and they are saying it will take 10 working days to process. THE COMPLAINT NO ISSUED BY ICICI IS--- 148023940 now i worried since the amount is huge .what is it i can do after this ??????? and if the amount going to credit back to my account or to the merchants account(croma).and will i get any confirmation for that transaction???

I SUBMIT THE PAPER TO THE NEAREST BRANCH ON WHICH THEY HAVE MENTIONED THAT THE AMOUNT WAS NOT CREDITED TO THEIR ACCOUNT FROM MY ACCOUNT NO ALONG WITH A LETTER FROM ME STATING THAT I WANT TO REVERT BACK THE AMOUNT
    I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD BE GETTING A REQUEST NO FOR IT BUT I DID NOT GET TILL NOW..

my acc no is 008901508007 branch is jamshedpur and its on the name of M.PRASAD its a joint account.
    THE TRANSACTION ID IS 20100731202943.

please do respond to me my mail id is msandeep27@gmail.com. I AM VERY MUCH WORRIED

Post Req......No Objection Certificate........

I Have Finense The Alto Car In ICICI Lombard Agreement No.Is.LASAT00005022193..

I Have Paid The All EMI But I Have Not Recive The No Objection Certificate Till Date....

Post ICICI ashirvad deep discout bond, option-1

My late Father taken the Bond in 15 july 1996 on the name of my son Darshil D. Satam U/G of Bahavana D.Satam,
    Bondholder no. 1024-641 , Certificate no.17658 Distinctive no.17658 , my father name was Ishwarlal G.Panchal
    Maturity date of Bond was July 15 2021
    I have contacted Mr. Madhavendra Das of ICICI BANK BY MAIL but mail was return with non receptient fail, I want to know the status so taht I can redeem

PETER.PHIL is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2010

ICICI also charges ATM card charges twice in a year. They have charged me twice and not replying my complaint. I am on verge of taking help of 'Consumer Forum' to get ICICI penalised.

Default Fraud by icici bank - forex (travel) card services

I would like to lodge a complaint against the travel card issued to me by ICICI bank.

Background

I got the travel card (AUD denominated) for my holiday (honeymoon) visit to Australia. My travel itinerary included Australia (3-Nov to 17-Nov and 21-Nov to 24-Nov), New Zealand (17-Nov to 21-Nov) and Singapore (24-Nov to 27-Nov). Since my maximum stay was in Australia, I bought the travel card for Australia and chose to spend currency in cash for New Zealand and Singapore.

I realized during my stay in Australia that the card is not being accepted at any ATM or merchant location. The primary usage of travel card (VISA network) which is a prepaid card under the RBI guidelines is acceptance at ATM and merchant locations (which are authorized to use VISA network).

Factsheet

1. The card was issued to me on Oct 23, when I got the card with necessary documentation and mail from ICICI
    2. I used the card for an online transaction for payment of my hotel bill in Australia
    3. During my visit to Australia, the card was not accepted at any ATM or merchant location (the error message was “Card or Bank account invalid”
    4. I spoke to ICICI Customer Care from Australia, who acknowledged the fact and hence helped me password change, which again did not lead to any success. The customer care then admitted that, the Bank has omitted to activate the magnetic stripe on the card; hence it is the mistake from the Bank’s side. They requested me to use the replacement card and agreed to activate the replacement card. However, the replacement card also did not get accepted in a similar way as the original card, ICICI customer care representative admitted that the magnetic stripe for both original and replacement card has been erroneously missed out and hence not been activated
    5. Hence, after multiple calls and discussions, with ICICI, they agreed to send the new card to us at our New Zealand address. However, the card never reached me and when checked with courier agency, the AWB sent me to via EMAIL from ICICI Bank was invalid (attached is the screenshot and the email confirming the same). The bank claimed on Nov 17, that the card was dispatched on Nov 16 and shared the courier company and AWB details. To track the status of the courier, I learnt that the AWB was invalid, did not exist, and shared the details with Bank on Nov 20. However, the bank on Nov 23, claimed that the card could not be reached due to some custom related issues. In general parlance, the courier company would maintain the details of any document dispatch from the date of receipt i.e., Nov 16 to customer delivery (which never happened); we have contacted the courier company on Nov 20 and were given to understand that no such AWB exists and no packet has been sent in my name by ICICI Bank in New Zealand.
    6. Again, after series of discussions, ICICI agreed to reimburse / not to charge for the following –
    a. All charges levied to my ICICI bank Debit card and ICICI bank Credit card used in lieu of my Travel card will be waived off. Please note that I was forced to use the foreign exchange which was meant for my stay in New Zealand and Singapore (being $NZ and $Sing) in Australia until the time I could arrange for more Australian dollars from my family in India and hence I was thereby also forced to use my Debit card & Credit cards in New Zealand and in Singapore. Hence all charges for the same need to be compensated by ICICI Bank. The debit and credit card charges amount to Rs 2520.53.
    b. No courier charges to be levied for any delivery of card to New Zealand
    c. All expenses incurred by me in contacting ICICI Bank and for calling my family in India or for arranging cash from other sources namely International telephone expenses be reimbursed. The phone expenses amount to Rs 9165.

7. Further after the return to India, I wanted the money on the travel card to be returned to my savings account. The customer care suggested that I will have to visit the branch for the same. I visited ICICI bank branch – Nariman Bhavan, on Nov 29, they said the branch is closing and I need to visit other branch. I went to the branch –Free Press House on Nov 30, filled the application for transfer of card balance and shared all the details; however the wealth management executive was unable to trace the card on the system. After series of calls with customer care and branch personnel, the balance was finally transferred on Dec 2. However, forex charges were levied to the tune of Rs 3924.49. ICICI Bank agreed to reimburse all forex charges as the card could not be used for the trip, and hence, the balance had to be credited to savings account.

8. The details of charges are enclosed in the document “Charges levied – due to ICICI travel card - which never worked”

9. The details of correspondence exchanged with ICICI can be known from the below emails and telephonic recording available with ICICI prepaid card – customer care section

I must confess that after being ICICI customer and wealth management client for over 10 years, I am disgruntled, upset and annoyed with the quality of services and the poor response which has led to harassment and lot of damage to my vacation. Customer care has indeed not taken any care of the customer and the prepaid business and operations team needs to seriously re-evaluate the operating model which does not benefit the customer and leads to such grievance. Being an ex-banker myself, and working closely with financial services industry, I understand the business and operating framework, hence I am amazed with the poor service quality. All the bogus claims made by the bank and support provided by the bank speak volumes for themselves.

I hereby state and assure you that I will go full length to my fullest capacity being a High Net worth Individual in making sure that ICICI Bank and its travel card business pays heavily for the above namely:

I. Issuing a Travel Card which never worked
    II. Defective claim of sending a new travel card with non - existent AWB bill. A complete LIE from ICICI bank about the issuance of a new travel card and the same being sent to me via courier to NEW ZEALAND, the same has been confirmed by the invalid AWB number and the courier company.

I hereby give ICICI Bank a period of 3 weeks from the receipt of this email to make good all the above charges (Rs 15,610.01) and offer me proper compensation for completely ruining my Rs. 10 lakhs Honeymoon which has in turn affected my married life.

The details of the complaint and the expenses are attached for your reference. I cannot attach the mail, the email has bounced 4 times since Sunday hence I am sending this email in parts, this being the MAIN COMPLAINT LETTER with 6 emails having attachments being sent seperately.

Please note that after 3 weeks of lodging this complaint I will approach the necessary government departments & the consumer court along with the media as per the RBI guidelines.

CC to:
    1) Ravi Jagtiani - Solicitors & Advocates

regards,

HEMA SHIVNANI

Default Bank charges

Icici bank vikhroli (w) br. My a/c zero bel. A/c miniman bel. Charges

Angry Fictitius Personal Loan - I am being harassed to re payment - never took the loan !!

I am a long standing customer of ICICI Bank, few days back got a call saying I have a pending loan in my name which I should re pay immediately. This was bolt from blue because I never have taken any loan from them. I emailed them all my personal details through the website, then they apologised for the error by Email.

Few days after, I again receive these collection calls, this time when I respond via email they replied there is actually a loan account and sent me a detailed loan account statement which carries my name and an address I never lived on, a telephone number I never have used. Then on there was 2 more emails claiming the payment.

|Funny thing, the time loan was applied for and processed I was not even in the country, none of my bank account says that there was a loan disbursement, supposedly I was paying back the loan by cheques, the fact is I never have used a cheque book in my life.

Repeatedly calling ICICI over this, never got in touch with someone taking the responsibility to sort this out, 3 times they just kept the phone down, now they have started calling my parents at my home back in India.This thing is affecting my health with rising blood pressure, I want to press criminal charges against the back and claim compensation for the harassment caused so far apart from an early resolution of the problem.

This is teh customer care ticket number ICICICARE=041-027-761

Any suggestions ?

Hillol

abhishekkumar1478 is offline Junior Member

I am being harassed by a collection agency whose phone number is 011-46768900 & working for HDFC Bank & ICICI Bank. As I have seen these people are harassing a lot of people. I am a customer of ICICI Bank & my last EMI of credit card settlement is due & I have spoken to M Shiva Shanker, Customer Service Manager, ICICI Bank Limited. I told them that I have spoken to Mr.M Shiva Shanker but they started using abusive tone & it so bad that I had to disconnect the call. Kindly look into this matter they claim that they are based in Rohini, New Delhi. This collection agency is very abusive & I am a crime reporter. I will take this matter in the press because its not just me I have read quiet number of complains from people who are professionals & ready to co-operate but still they abusive them. Looking forward to hear & see some action taken against them.

Kabbur CM is offline Junior Member

DEAR SIR,

I have current account with ICICI BANK VIJAYANAGAR Branch Bangalore.

Account Details:-

Branch - Vijayanagar Branch Bangalore-40
    Account start Date - 21/08/2009
    Account renewed - 21-08-2011
    Account Renewal End - 21-08-2012

I am operating the a/c since 21-08-2009 with ZERO balance maintenance.

Account type offers me 60 transactions/month (non cash) and Net banking completely free.
    Cash deposits are completely free irrespective of the number of transactions.
    The bank is charging 2999/- (3309/- include tax) per annum for the above mentioned facilities.

However, the bank is charging extra transaction charges for every month based on cash transactions(cash deposit denominations) from Nov-2011.
    The new policy as per the bank is 10 transactions/month (cash) and 50 transactions/month (non cash) free and the rest will be charged.
    On complaining the same with the bank, they claim that the schedule charges are changed.
    However, they have reverted the Nov-2011 charges as its their mistake.
    They are forcing to pay the charges from Dec-2011 onwards which were not supposed to be there as per my account type.

The policy was not communicated to me in any type and hence I was unaware of the new policies.
    The current account also states that the new policy will be applicable only after the end of current period.
    My account period ends on 21-08-2012 and therefore even if the policies are changed, they should not be effective for me until 21-08-2012.
    Hence, I requested them to continue the current polices until my current account period ends(21-08-2012).
    However, they have rejected my request and claims that the policy is applicable under immediate effect and should pay the charges.

I kindly request you to treat this an official complaint against the ICICI bank and let me know how to proceed further with the complaint.

Contact Details:-
    Name - Kabbur CM
    Phone - +919844599464
    Address - #16, Maruthi nagar, NagarBhavi main road, Bangalore-72
    Mail ID - communcations.cm@gmail.com; kabburi2005@gmail.com

Kabbur CM

ICICI Bank Care is offline Senior Member
    Sep 2009

We are sorry to here about your experience. Please write to us at care@icicibank.com along with your contact details and we'll assist you at the earliest.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

deepak jain is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2010

Angry Advance Payment not adjusted against Principal

Sir I am Deepak Vijayraj Kankaria & My father (Late.Shri Vijayraj Kankaria) taken a Home Loan from reputed ICICI Bank Ltd. on 30/04/2004 Loan No.LBPLI00000772240 on my mother’s name (Smt. Premlatta Kankaria) for Rs.5,51,000/-
    On 12/05/2005 my father died & I was too young to handling this matter & I unable to pay my installments timely for the period of 1 1/2 years & ICICI Bank Ltd. debited all charges to my account, because I related Low income group family I request ICICI Bank offices to please give us some concession on the charges debited on my loan account but they rejected my application thereafter I have collected some amount from my friend & relatives to pay my loan amount.

On 28/10/2011 I have taken some loan from my friend & relatives to reduce my principal amount due to continuously increasing in interest rate. I visit ICICI Bank Ltd. Jodhpur branch situated at Jaljog Circle (a 3 floor Bldg.) I meet a person of customer care department sitting in the ground floor he told me to deposit the amount in the first floor cash counter & after deposit it will automatically adjusted to you principal amount, after the conversation I have deposited Rs.1, 15,000/- on 28/10/2011 wide recpt.no. 40M326146428 / 40M326421628 / 40M326788228 in the deposit counter of 1st floor of the Bank, because I live in Mumbai & my father has no more I request the bank person to please fulfill all the requirements right now because it is not possible for me to come from Mumbai then he told me that sir the amount will adjusted automatically you don’t need to worry, after that I leave for Mumbai.

After someday I inquired on this matter & find the my deposited money still showing on hold, I called customer care regarding this matter & request them to please give me the Complaint No. but they told me that sir our system is slow & we unable to give you the complaint no., I called many time but always they give me same reason to not give me complaint no. thereafter I decide not to pay my upcoming EMIs (I also taken a another loan no.LBPLI00000846593 which I continuously paying), I again call customer care (contact no.9829222292) & tightly talk to the person then she provide me complaint no.SR212731433/08-02-2012 in this complaint, I told her to put the matter of not adjusted of my prepaid amount to principal amount & all such charged (Interest & other) which is debited to my account I want all such charges to be credited the same & please adjust the prepaid amount to principal amount & revise my installments & interest but in this matter she told me that sir I can’t take this request, regarding this matter you have to call the manager of the bank itself.

On 10/02/2012 I got a call in the evening from ICICI bank, Jaljog Circle, Jodhpur Branch. One of the person told me the I will adjust only remaining balance to your principal amount (after deduction all charges till date) & literally using very rough language, he don’t have manners how to talk to the customer, he told me boss ishme aapka hi nuksan hain mujhe use koi matlab nahi aapko jab amount adjust karwana ho hamari bank main call kardena & he disconnect the call in middle or running call, does you think is it a correct way to talk with customer.

Sir, I just want to know that I have deposited excess amount to ICICI Bank Ltd. instead of giving interest to me, ICICI Bank Ltd. debited charge (Interest & other) on my account I don’t know why? please let me know if ICICI Bank Ltd. wants to increase their profit by charging the wrong charges to the account.

May be it was my father’s fault to take a loan from 1 of the leading bank (ICICI Bank Ltd.) where a customer are treated as so badly by their executives.

Finally sir, I just want from Consumer Court to please support the consumers because a single panny of money is very important for us & I also want that ICICI Bank LTD will adjust my advance payment against Principal amount & credit all the charges which wrongly debited & also pay the interest for my amount which they are using & also see why ICICI Bank Ltd. Charge interest 15.50% rate of interest on my account.
    I hope atleast consumer court will help me.

Deepak V. Kankaria

Gopalakrishnan P Raman is offline Junior Member

I have been deducted 18000 rs for a ICICI credit card. They say it was a transaction done in 2002. I never had a ICICI credit card. I only have a savings account. After following up for 2 months with ICICI Customer care, I am writing to this forum to get a email id so that I can escalate this issue. They have deducted the amount after 10 years and they are not able to provide me the transaction details.

From: ICICI Bank Customer Care [mailto:customer.care@ICICIBANK.COM]
    Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 4:44 AM
    To: Gopal (ES)
    Subject: RE:'ICICICARE=001-150-543' new query

At the outset, we are extremely sorry for the delay in responding to your e-mail. We request your co-operation.

We were unable to retrieve the details of transactions made on your credit card, as these are very old statements.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to your co-operation.

Sincerely,