Thread: ICICI Credit Card Illegal lien on my Savings bank Account

Thumbs up ICICI Credit Card Illegal lien on my Savings bank Account

Sir/Madam,

This is to lodge a complaint against ICICI Bank Credit Card Department who has illegally put the amount in my savings account on lien for credit card outstanding. There was absolutely no communication (via email, phone call and hard copy letter).

Due to this I have cheque bounces on my account. When I enquired about this they talked very arrongantly and said that they have authority to do whatever they want on our savings bank. When I have asked for a settlement on my card they told I have to pay an amount of 55,000 for an outstanding of 68,000. My account was blocked on 26th March and they gave the reason that since it was the financial year ending they have done this to show the amount in their ledger balance.

I was not at all contacted either by Credit Card Dept or Recovery Dept. Now they are telling that they'll not remove the blocking until unless I pay the total outstanding. ICICI Bank Savings Account is my salary account and it is connected for ECS for my personal Loan Accounts. Because of this all my cheques are bouncing.

particularly look for answers to the following queries from my side:

1. Why wasn't I contacted about details regarding the case, during the case investigations at all?
    2. Why was I not informed about the one sided decision taken by the bank?

Credit Card No: 5239 5110 9814 3009
    Name : Sowrabha Nagaraj
    ICICI Bank Savings A/c No: 029601500578 Rajajinagar, Bangalore

How can credit card department put amount from my saving account on lien for recovery without informing me/ my authorization?

I would like to lodge a case against ICICI Bank. Also, please remove the lien on my saving's account at the earliest.

I request you to please contact ICICI bank and remove lien on my savings account.

Looking forward to an early and favorable action from your side.

Kindly provide us your full contact details.

VSRAPOL Guest

Default lien on saving account

i want know that can a bank put lien on my saving account for default payment of credit card , i had stopped payment due to dispute in billing .
    can i file a case in consumer court for this act of bank, if yes pls send me a copy of complaint format .

V.S.Rapol
    vsrapol@gmail.com

advocate's Avatar
    advocate is offline Moderator

Sorry to inform you, but Bank has the right to recover his money. For such kinds of complaints we can't challange any Bank in Consumer Forums.

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by advocate View Post

1) Can the banks do this even if they themselves have said that the salary account and loan account are not linked? 2) Also, when I requested Citibank to take my personal loan amount from my suvidha account since I didn't have the time to pay them in cash, they said it is not possible. I've made calls about this to their customer care center.

3) This same citibank has taken the amount from my account in the past and suddenly, when I told them to take it this time, they said that the RBI has passed a notice whereby they cannot use my salary account to make payments henceforth. But, suddenly one day kaboom, they did seize my salary account when least expected.

I'm totally confused and do not understand what is right and what is not. 4) I've asked for a document from the bank stating they can take this amount, because all the documents I have do not have this information, but the bank plainly refuses to respond to this request of mine.

5) Also, I have complained to them about a court notice I received and noone at the customer service department even knew about that letter.

6) Worst thing was that I used to receive calls for my payment, but when I called the customer service department, they did not have my cell number updated. This all is scary. I don't know who called me then.

7) The customer service once told me to make the payment online and when I tried that too, my account number was not going through.

8) Citibank gave me the number of an officer to talk to about my payments. He suggested a settlement and then while we were talking to him about Rs. 35,000, nearly double the amount was taken away from my account.

I'm sure there must be some way out of all this!!! Can the banks really seize your salary account especially, when you've already been complaining about things?

Exclamation Lien on saving acc

did this got solved for you?

Default Lien of ICIC SB AC

Dear
    The same is the issue with me from ICICI bank.
    In every post the admin says,please provide me the full details,but will not provide the answer.
    Hey admin why dont you say just it is the right of the bank to lein the account without permisssion of account holder.
    Admin you are having vast experience just say is it rightfull to lein the account like that,say just yes or no.

satinderbhatia is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2010

I have a 0 balance salary account with icici bank & in the beginning of this month, they put lien on my account for an old pending payment of $29000 on a credit card....I tried to settle the payment with Icici credit card deptt but they wont remove the lien from my account untill I pay the amount in full & I whatever income that I have, comes on my salary account & I cant even pay them before the hold is removed. I am the lone earning member of my family & presently I am into a grave financial situation put into by icici bank..Please suggest asap what can be done........I know that bank can put lien on the account for recovery of payment but there was a Supreme Court judgement 2-3 yrs bk stating that the service provider cannot recover its money forcefull...now the bank has put the account on hold & when I contacted the bank branch, they told me that I have to pay it ot they will put the account on lien forever...please suggest what can done in that case.......
    Last edited by satinderbhatia; 06-09-2010 at 04:56 AM.

ICICI Bank Care is offline Senior Member
    Sep 2009

Dear Satinder,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Kindly email us at care@icicibank.com with your contact details and credit card number. We'll be glad to contact you and help you resolve this issue. Also, please mention “UID 487610“ in the subject line.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Quote Originally Posted by satinderbhatia View Post

vijaymelpal Guest

Default ICICI bank puts lien in my account Due to Personal Loan dues

Hello Sir/Madam

Is there any way to come out of this ICICI bank torture?. on 29th I got salary and immidietly they put lien in my account so that i could not withdraw anything from Account.Please give me a solution whether i should lodge a complaint in court or how should i procede.this is Happeing every now and then for me. and the Interest they are charging is 28.8%.Its 100% illegal.
    Please give me some suggettion
    Thanks and regards
    Vijay
    Loan No- LIZAJ00011171720
    Bangalore

S RAVI MOHAN Guest

Thumbs up DEBIT RS.1500 to my saving account which was reducted from AXIS ATM

i s RAVI MOHAN debit card no. 4181 5700 4013 4111 made transaction in AXIS BANK ATM at ramanthapur, RR DIST.
    the transaction were made three times, each time an amount of Rs.500, it was processed but i did not get amount from the ATM machine on dt.14.12.2010 in the night, which was given a complaint to the ICICI BANK customer care complaint no.SR161063252 and they told amount will re-debited in my account with in 12 working days, but they did not accounted in my account. when i again called they are telling to lodge a comlaint again.

do the needfull consulting the AXIS BANK ATM on that date.14.12.2010, amount left with in the ATM machine,
    debit in to my ICICI BANK SAVING ACCOUNT.

belur Guest

Default Judgements on illegible print of terms

A bank is taking shelter on the rules and conditions which are blind to the naked eye and illegible to read and understand. I am informed that such terms and conditions illegible to read have no legal force. I may be thrown light on this aspect, if there is a judgement of Supreme court to that effect, pleas inform me the details at brv_25@yahoo.com.

Post Lien on my savings account against credit card due

I have a savings account with icici bank & in the beginning of this month on 5/11/11, they put lien on my account for an old pending payment of 30,547 on a credit card i received the letter from bank on 13/11/11....initially icici bank agreed for settlement of my dues for amount of Rs. 9,800/- .which they again denied by their end itself by letter ref. no. CC/4477469815984003/111/325649 dated 8/11/11. I tried to settle the payment with Icici credit card department , which they again agreed but this time they told to pay total Principal due of Rs. 16,240/- after putting the lien on my account. Which they gave me Settlement letter ref no. cc/4477469815984003/1111/328273 dated 14/11/2011 this time for Rs. 16,240/- , i gave a auto debit letter to them as guided by dept head Mr. Anup Prasad for debiting my lien account with Rs.16,240/- only and release the lien. This time after a span of 24 hours Mr. Anup came to my office and took the Original letter he gave me telling that their is some grammatical mistake in it and would rectify the same and would give it back in few hours , which actually didn't happen and my savings account is still in lien. After telephonic conversation regarding the same with Mr. Anup prasad he told me that the settlement is denied again and will have to pay full dues then only lien will be released. & I cant even pay them before the hold is removed as i m facing financial crisis since last few months. I am the lone earning member of my family & presently I am into a grave financial situation put into by icici bank..Please suggest asap what can be done........I know that bank can put lien on the account for recovery of payment but there was a Supreme Court judgement 2-3 yrs bk stating that the service provider cannot recover its money forcefully...now the bank has put the account on hold & when I contacted the bank branch, they told me that I have to pay it or they will put the account on lien forever...please suggest what can done in that case.......

Default Lien on icici bank saving account

I have a savings account with icici bank on which they put lien on my account for pending payment of 84,502 on a credit card .I did not received any initimation from the bank . I tried to settle the payment with Icici credit card department but they were not very keen i believe in doing this . After telephonic conversation with the credit card customer care , it came to my notice that according to RBI guidelines , bank has full right to put a lien on saving account without any intimation to the customer .

Firstly i would like to know the website address of the same where its written .

Secondly I would like to know till what time they are going to put a lien as its been more than 5 days and i have been calling them again again but they are not responding . I cant even pay them before the hold is removed as i m facing financial crisis since last few days . I know that bank can put lien on the account for recovery of payment but there was a Supreme Court judgement 2-3 yrs bk stating that the service provider cannot recover its money forcefully...now the bank has put the account on hold & when I contacted the bank branch, they told me that I have to pay it or they will put the account on lien forever...please suggest what can done in that case.......

Default Lien on my salary account

I have personal loan runifng with icici bank. They have put lien on my account without any intimation.
    I am the only earning member in the family and have five members along with a daughter. Along with this I am currently travelling and need money because the only amount I have ias in icici bank.

I never had an intention not to pay, howevee due to circumstances I could not pay them.

Today they say that till the time I do not settle the outstanding they will not remove rhe lien on my accounr.

My dauhghters school fee cheque has been issues already along with other emis cheques. All of these cheques will get bounced. I am hand to mouth currently and need help.

I can be contacted on vikas_wahee@rediffmail.com

Requeast urgent suppport and help.

Last Post: 08-01-2014, 02:26 PM