Thread: Axis bank Chor bank

gaganu is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2009

Unhappy Axis bank Chor bank

Name:  axisbank.jpg
    I have a salary account with axis bank. When I checked the account today I checked that there is a lien balance in my account for 21000 somethinig. I was having 7500 in my account and they debited that amount. When I called there customer care I was told that there is a credit card issue on your name and the charges was for that card outstanding. I have never applied for there card and when I told them the same they said that they have a card issued on my name and when I asked for the details of the card they told me that information is not matching so they can't help me with the details. I am in complete mess they are not allowing me to use my money and not helping me with the charges please help me what should I do now ?

advocate's Avatar
    advocate is offline Moderator

To sort out such kind of Banking complaints, you will have to send a written complaint to the Head Office of the Axis Bank and wait for the response for near 15 to 20 days. Keep a copy of that letter with you so that if the Bank fails to give you any solution, you can forward your complaint to the Banking Ombudsman. You will get the contact details of Banking Ombudsman from the website of RBI. The address of Axis Bank's head office is:

Axis Bank Ltd., 131, Maker Tower - F wing,
    Cuffe Parade, Colaba,
    Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400005.
    Fax. 022-22186944/ 22181429

Default Lien amount - Reg

May I know what is meant by LIEN AMOUNT in a statement given by a bank

INV2010 Guest

Default Absolutly Chor bank is Axis Bank

I was thought that after expiration of Date of Lien Amount. Bank will return amount to my account. But still showing in Lien Balance. I have complained and mailed about this but there is no any response.

Please beware before opening account in axis bank.

This is chor bank, wrost bank respective to other bank.

Angry chor bank

Quote Originally Posted by INV2010 View Post

Please beware before opening account in axis bank.

This is chor bank, wrost bank respective to other bank.
    I opened a company account in axis bank.
    When i deposited a cheque of 50,000 rs. they clear my check on same day and amount is credited to my account.

but when my client told him that the sign is not his and gave a aplication they with held the amount .
    after 10 days. they change the date of my cheque from 4/1/10 to 4/12/10 and told me that your cheque is post dated cheque.
    my question is why did they take action after 10 days and after getting a aplication from my client.
    and i already told them that i gave the correct cheuqe that is why the cheque is cleared. so why take the amount from my account without informing me. this is cheating. they did not reply to my mail. and are not giving me my account details.

Subarna Guest

Default Axis Bank Complaint

Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is in reference to my savings account number 909010038511294 with Axis Bank Ltd, Golpark, Kolkata
    Customer Id: 011011044

I had issued a cheque for an amount of Rs 4812.25 for transfer of funds from the above account number to my HDFC bank credit card account on 26/03/2010. However the cheque was returned to me saying that my balance had insufficient funds. I had deposited Rs.10,000 with Axis Bank on 25.02.2010 post which on 11.03.2010 I issued cheque number 100935 for a fund transfer of Rs. 5000. After this transaction my balance should have had Rs.5000, enough to fulfill the amount issued for my credit card cheque.

On 27.03.2010, without any prior intimation by you, either by email, telephone or post Axis Bank withdrew a total of Rs. 128 as service tax and Rs.1250 as consolidated charges as soon as my cheque reached my credit card account. I feel this is complete undoing on Axis Bank's part for their Smart privilege customer. Please explain “CONSOLIDATED CHARGES”. I understand that a constant deposit of Rs.10000 has to be maintained, which I would have deposited before quater end. However for Axis Bank's misdoing my credit card cheque has bounced and I have been charged additional cheque bouncing fee for the same. Will they be reimbursing the losses I have incurred for their misdoings? After all, they just needed to call me up and inform me about the deductions, especially when they were aware that I have issued a cheque from the account. I fail to understand how they could have deducted amounts without my knowledge or any intimation from your side from my account on the day the cheque was to be cleared.

I hereby request you to look into the matter at the earliest and suggest me the action to take I do not feel that my money is safe in their hands.

I have a fixed deposit with Axis Bank. I am surprised at the way they have treated a priority customer. I am waiting for intimation from their end in this regard, in the absence of which I will be forced to lodge a complaint with the consumer forum for deducting money from my account without any prior intimation be it verbal or written from your end. I would also like to inform you that I have not received a single account statement from Axis Bank , since the opening of this account either by post or mail.Kindly suggest and revert

Thanking You,

Ballygunj
    Kolkata- 700 019

ravi sharma Guest

Angry lien balance

This is to inform u that I have salarey account with axis bank in your Greater Kailash -2,New Delhi. and I was having RS.3000/- in my account. I had debited of Rs.1500/- on dated.07 july 2010 then after TXN slip showing avail balance Rs.4.53/-. Other balance Rs.1495/- showing in Lien Balance.
    Plz tell me why transfer amount Rs.1495/- in Lien Balance.

Ravi Sharma
    011-26984810
    E-Mail ID:- ravi.bishisht@gmail.com

adv.richa is offline Moderator

Default Contact Details Of Axix Bank

If you experiences deficiency of service at any of Axis Bank Branches/Offices, then the Customer is at liberty to send a complaint. The first point for redressal of complaint is Branch itself. In case you are not satisfied with the branch handling the complaint, you may approach to the Head Office at the below mentioned address.

Axis Bank Limited,
    Tel: (022) 6707 4407
    Fax: (022) 2218 1429

For lost Credit Card, call 022-25261201 or 18604258888
    For lost Debit Card, call 022-67987700

If the same is not resolved to your satisfaction within one month from the date of receipt of the complaint, you are free to take recourse to any of the following:-

a)Directorate of Public Grievances, Govt. of India, Cabinet Secretariat, Sansad Marg, New Delhi.

b)The Banking Ombudsman located in State Capitals under RBI Ombudsman Scheme 1995,
    relaunched as Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006. Presently, Banking Ombudsman is located at 15 Stations. For addresses and area of operation of Banking Ombudsman please Click the below mentioned link where you will get ‘Our Commitments’ followed by ‘Banking Ombudsman Scheme’.

c) The District Consumer Forum under Consumer Protection Act. 1985.

Visit: Address and Area of Operation of Banking Ombudsmen for address of banking ombudsmen.
    Visit: Form of complaint - Banking Ombudsman to know the complaint format.
    Visit: Notice before filing consumer complaint for notice reference.
    To know more about Right to Information Act visit: Right To Information Act for Banks

Note: Always take the receiving of your complaint with the sign and stamp of concern person, or send your complaint via registered post, Keep all the copy of Complaint, Notice and the registered post slip, this may help you if you need to knock the consumer forum.

Hope this may solve your problem.
    Still have a question feel free to contact us again.

Unhappy Lien balance

On 30th June when i checked my balance of Axis bank (salary account), it was showing a negative balance of 1029. My salary acccount had converted to prepaid account with my concern. The moment my salary get credited to my account the bank deducted the amount. Many of colleagues were also facing the same issue. when i asked the reasons to HR dep they informed me that the bank had mistakenly deducted the amount. They assured me that the issue will get resolved within 3 days (by 6th July). but till now the issue have not been resolved, the HR dep inform me that we had inform the bank about the issue & will get resolved. now when i check my balance through internet banking it shows a lien balance of 1029/-. Let me know what should I do. Please help me out.

aool13july is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2010

my brother a/c in axis bank a/c no1580101100242998 he has closed in his account date 16/04/10 he had gone to bank and closed his a/c.then bank representative destroy check book and atm card then she told him you withdraw your amount so my brother withdraw amount and she told your a/c has been closed. my brother received a bank statement on 15/07/10 he saw bank received a check from peerless date 06/05/10 and bank cut a charges during this period . my brother shocked then he went to bank and he told a bank representative she told him your bank a/c closed 16/04/10 or u told head office branch then my brother told plz gave me contact no she ans you called a customer care then my brother complaint a customer care 4 time but bank gave me a no ans . so bank why r make a customer care............who is responsible ... satish garg gwalior contact no 9926300261 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 9926300261

aool13july is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2010

Thumbs down My card has been lost

AS my Axis bank card has been lost but then also they are not closing my accpint plz do help me.......... plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shila Parulekar Guest

Default Complaint against branch

I have a salary account with axis bank. On 16.11.2010, I understand that on 8th November somebody has withdrawn Rs.25000/- from my account from Vasai Branch. When I checked with Vasai branch, they shown me the cheque signed by me, but I found that the sign is not exactly matching with my original signature. I told them about that than they informed me minor differences are allowed, bu in my case it is not minor difference. Please help me how to recover it. Although I have filed FIR with Virar Police stantion.

Default Axis Bank demanding to pay Lien Amount of Rs7611.00

I was given a salary account in UTI bank in 2006 January by my previous company. After changing the company, I was given a new account in another bank and so I stopped using it from 2007 June (approx). I have neither used my debit card nor my bank account. I dont even have the Axis bank's ATM card. I just had the old UTI card.

Recently I received a statement from Axis Bank stating the (Lien Amount INR 7611.00) that I need to pay to the bank. This is really disgusting and am worried about this. Please help me in this regard.

Thumbs down Axis Bank demanding to pay Lien Amount of Rs750.0

I have a salary account with axis bank. When I checked the account today I checked that there is a lien balance in my account for 750rs somethinig. I was having 1950rs in my account and they debited that amount. When I called there customer care I was told that there is a credit card issue on your name and the charges was for that card outstanding. I have never applied for there card and when I told them the same they said that they have a card issued on my name and when I asked for the details of the card they told me that information is not matching so they can't help me with the details. I am in complete mess they are not allowing me to use my money and not helping me with the charges please help me what should I do now ? .

1. Direct debit from my Axis bank saving account by Axis Bank
    By anurag85born@gmail.com in forum Banking
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 03:55 PM
  2. complained against axis bank
    By sunil kumar. in forum Loan
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 09:00 PM