Thread: lost cheque complaint

Default lost cheque complaint

hi all,

i recive a check of Rs 50000.00 from a party & i deposited the check in
    union bank of india in my saving account 4 months before . after that i went to
    bank for withdrawl the same amount , but the manager said me that the check is
    lost by us in clearing now u please give us new check to reclaim, i go to the
    party to give me a new check ,and the party said to me that give us our old
    check then only we give you the said amount. as now the party is not intresting
    to give me that money . i think that the bank & the party both are involved in
    this matter & the check is hidden by the both party and bank.
    so i file a complaint in banking ombundansman about this matter , but the
    banking ombudsman said that you may clim this money from the party by file a
    case in local court . as i go to court the lawayer said me that we only file
    this case if we have the original check with us . so what can i do in this
    problem please help me.

thanks.

Dear Mr.Varun Sharma,
    probable steps are:
    1) If you have acknowledgement/receipt from bank of having deposited the cheque,
    you can proceed against the bank.
    You may write to bank's controlling office/RBI Customer redress cell to
    intervent.
    2)If the bank accepts the fault that the cheque is lost Bank need to give a
    letter stating the same, which you can show to your customer for getting a
    duplicate cheque. He can specifically write on it 'DUPLICATE CHEQUE". Customer
    may require indemnity from you stating that in case you/bank
    receive/find original cheque you will return it to the drawer/will not present
    it for payment. There may also be an undertaking to the effect that if
    inadvertantly original is presented and paid loss suffered to the drawer will be
    indemnified by you/bank to the customer.
    3)If customer is still relectunt to issue duplicate/fresh cheque you can file
    money suit in Civil Court to which you can make Bank also a party liable for
    payment.

In case you need clarification do write to me.
    Thanks,]

If you have any evidence that the cheque was handed over by you to the bank
    for clearing, then there is nothing to be worried for you, you can file a
    complaint before the Consumer forum.

Rajiv Agarwal
    Jaipur

Dear Varun,
    Dou hv the proof of depositing the cheque with you, I mean the deposit slip.
    Has the bank given you in writing that they have lost the cheque? Kindly
    tell me the details, i will advise you what to do
    Raj

In the present case as explained, Union Bank of India is fully
    responsible either to trace out the cheque or to ask the third party to
    issue another cheque.

Default My cheque lost by kotak bank.

Hi i got a chque from company and deposited to kotak bank account and i have deposit slip but bank deny that they did not get any check. How to do the matter resolved. Kotak i bad bank at all.

Kotak Support is offline Senior Member
    Oct 2010

Dear customer,

We would like to investigate your complaint further – request you to write to solutions.bank@kotak.com with your account number, cheque number and date, the name of the bank the cheque was drawn on, the details of the branch where you had deposited the cheque and the date of deposit. Once we receive this information, we will co-ordinate with the concerned branch and keep you updated.

Regards, Kotak Support Team

MArun is offline Junior Member

Default Lost SBI Bank Cheque

Hi all,

I have received a SBI (Bangalore) Bank cheque for Rs.50,000 from my previous house owner by the month of Feb 2011.
    I am having savings account in Citibank .So I dropped the cheque in drop box in Citi bank ATM (Chennai) by the month of March.But after 2 or 3 weeks when I enquired about the cheque, they told that they did not get the cheque and they have to trace it.
    After lot of calls made by me, now bank people are telling they are not able to trace the cheque and asked us to do stop payment.In the mean time we asked our house owner, he is telling that amount has been already taken from his account.
    We have only the cheque no. we don't have any other details.Please let me know how to proceed in this case

M.Sridevi

Default Cheque lost by Bank

Sir i Deposited a cheque worth of Es 18779/-at Syndicate bank ,Surathkal branch,Mangalore.it was sent to Mumbai to clearing purpose by the bank and it was lost there,i have deposit slip (acknowledgement) and as well the letter from bank accepting the mistake.i asked the issuer of the cheque to reissue me the cheque showing the letter from bank but they said they cant do that again.please advise me regarding the same.thanks
    mangaloretours@gmail.com

Default Same issue faced from citibank

The same following issue has happened with me. Which ATM in chennai did you face this. Did citibank help at all anywhere?

Harish

Quote Originally Posted by MArun View Post
    Hi all,

M.Sridevi

Arrow cheque lost

i lost my cheque amount 70000 before 1 day..what i do???????/ please help

Default Cheque lost by HDFC Bank

I Deposited a cheque of 12,000 Rupees last Monday i.e. on 10th June. But I have been informed by dilshad colony branch, Delhi, that they have lost my cheque and therefore are unable to locate it

I want to file a complaint against it. Please advise how to go about it.

1. BSNL mobile lost complaint