Thread: Western express highway

Default Western express highway

Respected Sir / Madame,

This refers to the captioned subject. I am forwarding you the email which is
    already been sent to *RTI ( Right to Information act),* *Maharashtra State
    Road Development Corporation Ltd *and many* **other concerned
    authorities*who are directly and indirectly related to the above
    subject matter. Kindly
    read the complaint email below which I have sent number of times to all
    concerned authority, but as of now I have not received any reply from any
    one of them. This is very serious matter as we travellers have to bare the
    brunt of the situation everyday. We are not only spend our hard earned money
    in petrol but also our valuables time in the traffic

Hence, I would like to register a complaint with you and other related
    panels. kindly let me know the procedure to register the same. Also note
    that it's huge loss to the Nation in terms of money, time, resources and
    manpower.

Kindly reply to my query and help me to register the complaint, Please note
    that as a *tax payer* also I have right to know about the above mentioned
    concerned.

Waiting for your positive responce as no one else is in this country
    concerned about our complaint.

Your faithfully,

Email:- ali.patankar@gmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Ali Patankar <ali.patankar@gmail.com>
    Date: Jan 7, 2009 10:12 AM
    Subject: Fwd: Ongoing work of flyovers near Times of India (Malad) & Thakur
    Complex Junction (Kandivali) on Western express highway,.
    To: rti@nic.in
    Respected Sir / Madame,

This refers the captioned Subject. I am forwarding you the email which is
    been already sent to *Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Ltd *and
    *other concerned authorities* who are directly and indirectly related to the
    above subject matter. As of now I have not received any reply from any one
    of them. This is very serious matter as we travellers have to bare the brunt
    of the situation everyday.

Hence, I would like to register a complaint with you and other related
    panels. kindly let me know the procedure to register the same. Also note
    that it's huge loss to the Nation in terms of money, time, resources and
    manpower.

Kindly reply to my query and help me to register the complaint, Please note
    that as a *tax payer* also I have right to know about the above mentioned
    concerned.

Waiting for your positive responce.

Your faithfully,

*Chief Engineers.*

*Maharashtra State Road development corporation Ltd*

*Sub: Ongoing work of flyovers near Times of India (Malad) & Thakur Complex
    Junction (Kandivali) on Western express highway.*

I, the under signed, am the resident of Mira road and work at Andher east
    (Seepz), I am also a part time MBA student and my college is at Bandra East.
    I travel everyday by bike from Mira road to Andheri and Bandra to attend my
    lectures.

I have a query and big concern regarding the captioned subject. Due to the
    ongoing construction work of these two flyovers (Malad & Kandivali), there
    is huge *traffic jam* everyday from Dhindhoshi flyover to Thakur complex,
    which takes about 40 to 50 to clear that much patch due to this there is
    huge increase in traveling time leading to *huge losses of costly fuel*.
    This also increases stress levels of the motorists leading to accidents. *It
    also goes beyond saying that this leads to increase in pollution and global
    warming*.

As per the information available on your official website, the project
    should have been completed by now. For Malad TOI project *(Date of Work
    Order: 06.02.2006 & completion 15 months, 05.05.2007)* and for Thakur
    Complex Junction *(Date of Work Order: 24.11.2005 & completion 15 months,
    23.02.2007) *but unfortunately the work is still going and we the common
    people are paying the penalty everyday.

I just like to know what action your department has taken or is going to
    take against the developers *(J Kumar & Ameya Developers)* and when exactly
    these flyovers will be ready to use.

To avoid the hassle of putting this matter under RTI and take it to the
    Media , kindly reply and update at the earliest.

*Please don't ignore this email, as a tax payer also I have right to know
    about the above mentioned concerned.*

*Ali Patankar.*

Mumbai.

Default TOI Malad flyover at WEH

Flyover at this junction was to be completed by end of May earlier but later on date was extended to 31st July. July has passed and it seems that work will take eternal to complete. Everyday commuters have to go through a nightmare while crossing this junction but no authorities pay any heed as the area does not fall under the VIP movement like Airport flyover.
    Its appalling to see every day precious fuel burnt by lines of vehicles and manhours lost while waiting to cross this junction. Insensitivity of authorities to expedite work shows that how far as a nation we are in terms of Infrastructure development. Construction technique used by the contractor can be best described as crass and outdated.

Please raise this issue and get the work expedited.

Parveen

Default Enough is enough

I do travel the stretch on a daily basis and find it extremely irritating, as it takes almost an hour to cross from Dindoshi towards Pushpa Park..

Off late, I get down from the bus near Pathanwadi and then take a rick towards Kedarmal road (i.e. off the highway)..But find bumper-to-bumper traffic even there...So we are left with no option but to go through the daily grind...

I did read at a few places about that the flyover is expected to start in July end, but i see no signs of that happening..

It would be great if all those suffering because of this huge traffic come together and stage a protest or something...Only then will we get to see some quick action..

Could someone take some initiative..

darshanvartak is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2009

Default Can we do something about this !!!

Are we really in the times, where democracy is the norm of life. I think it was much better, when the tyrants were ruling our lives.They looted their subjects, made them to fight in the battles between sultanates and levied heavy taxes, after spending all the royal khajana on these never ending wars. These people were tyrants and they were supposed to behave that way.

But guys those Nijams and Aadilshahs seem to have reborn. The governments which are elected by us, conviniently forgets the fact that, they were elected to serve people, make thier lives better and contribute to some extent to the progress of our nation.

This delyed flyover is the living example of, how insensitive our politicians are, to the lives of the common people. Its been two years, the construction of this flyover is going on and things seem to go nowhere. Every time there is a new date given, but we don't see any kind of steps being taken to expediate the work and relieve people from their daily grind.

The passage that would have hardly taken 10 minutes, takes more than an hour at times. Doesn't the loss of fuel and time for so many people right from 5:30 in the evening till 10 at night multiplied by number of vehicles during that time, add up to our national loss. Where are we going ?

Its really admirable of "Mr. Ali Patankar" to have taken time to write to the RTI officers or even the MSRDC and trying to follow up on this painful issue, with whatever means he can. Looks like nobody seem to be concerned about this problem and people (including me) just crib about this, while spending those dreadful minutes waiting for the vehciles to move.

I think we just have to come down on roads, just all those who are suffering everyday and stop that road completely till the government steps in and promises a date. But then we Mumbaikars are so busy going through everyday choirs, that it will require humangous will power to just end this problem by whatver means we can and prove the point that we are not dead. People power still matters and government will have to yield, if we come on roads.

Amit Sawant Guest

Default Malad flyover

Right now no work is happening on the flyover is there a end date for the same?

Ali Patankar Guest

Default Malad Flyover (T Junction)

Dear All,

Thanks a ton for all your kind responses. Please note that this is really very serious issue and we must take this to the higher authorities strongly.

I request all the frequent travelers of this route to please come up with some intelligent plan to tackle with this big issue. Remember its not only we as a travelers are loosing money, health, time and resources but itís a big loss of our great nation natural resources too.

Please suggest at the earliest.

ali.patankar is offline Junior Member
    Sep 2009

Dear All,

Thanks a ton for all your kind responses. Please note that this is really very serious issue and we must take to the higher authorities strongly.

I request all the frequent travelers of this route to please come up with some intelligent plan to tackle with this big issue. Remember its not only we as a travelers are loosing money, time and resources but it’s a big loss of our great nation natural resources too.

Please suggest at the earliest.

Smile W E Hwy - Pushpa park Flyover

Heard from some that the flyover will open on Oct 2nd, 2009. Looking at progress it seems to be true but am not sure of our BMC/MMRDA or MSRDC.

Praying that it opens on Oct 2nd.

Was travelling from Andheri to Kanidvali on 1st Oct night @ 12.30 A.M. (2nd Oct early morning). the flyover was open at that time of the night, i drove onto the flyover, there was a politician kind on the flyover with all narebazi. But the next day morning onwards, it was closed again

Default Daily Bottlenecks on Western expressway at Goregaon and Andheri

I am a daily traveller from Borivali to Bandra and back.Everyday i face severe bottlenecks at goregaon (Oberoi Mall flyover & Aaarey flyover ) and on the return journey also at andheri.The width of the flyovers is far less than th elanes that precede it.We all need to come together and provide solutions to MSRDC / MMRDA ( eg Dividers to separate outbound vehicles).

Rohan Vartak
    rohanvartak@gmail.com

Default Bad road conditions on both sides of Dahisar Check Naka

The Western Express highway is in real bad shape on both sides of the Dahisar Check naka.
    I guess it should be maintained by the company collecting toll everyday. It does not look like a highway. Both Govt and Municipal body should check on the conditions and force the companies to maintain the roads they are charging the toll for.

Default Times fo India Malad Flyover (T Junction)

i would like to draw your kind attention that this fly over is open for transport now.
    but i have certain querry about use of this flyover (under the bridge )to reach malad west and from malad e to come on the highway towards Goregaon side.

1) when this junction will be open for use , for traffic under the bridge
    if not supposed that why we have constructed the bridge.

Default Pathetic condition of the Times of India Flyover, Malad

May I request the concerned to please look into the condition of the Times of India Flyover, Malad. THe condition of the flover which is barely a year old is really pathetic. The rains are over, but there has been no repair works carried out esp. on the side, travelling from Kandivali to Goregaon.

Request you to please look into the same at the earliest or there may be a need to rebuild the flyover again.

1. Complaint against Western Union Money Transfer
  3. South- Western Railways
    By Advocate.sonia in forum Railways
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 10:53 PM
  5. Priyanka resort at Pune-Shiridi Highway.
    By Unregistered in forum Hotels