This is a discussion on Air-Arabia Kerala within the Airlines forums, part of the Transportation category; Sharjah-based United Arab Emirates (UAE) national budget airlines Air-Arabia can now fly into Kerala as the central government has given ...
- 09-15-2010, 11:20 AM #1Unregistered Guest
Sharjah-based United Arab Emirates (UAE) national budget airlines Air-Arabia can now fly into Kerala as the central government has given it the required approval.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said Friday: "The central government has now given the nod to Air-Arabia to fly into Kerala but the decision now rests on the airlines to start their services. We feel the flights would benefit Keralites."
Air-Arabia flies into 23 destinations in India, including Mumbai and Nagpur.
Chandy has already had discussions with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel regarding the proposed 'Air-Kerala' project of the state government to begin an airline for operations to the Middle-East.
Chandy said: "There are some issues involved in the project as central government has to give us three major exemptions. Despite Air India beginning their budget airline - Air India Express, the fares have not come down as expected."
He said that his talks in Delhi Thursday have cleared the way for the Kannur airport. "We expect to get the final clearance from the central government soon."
- By Unregistered in forum InvestmentReplies: 0Last Post: 09-13-2010, 02:57 PM
- By Unregistered in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-09-2010, 03:39 PM
- By Unregistered in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2010, 01:41 PM
- By Unregistered in forum BankingReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2010, 11:31 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Product And ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-12-2010, 01:13 PM