This is a discussion on Kingfisher Airlines within the Airlines forums, part of the Transportation category; Indian Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel has been awarded the Aviation Minister of the Year award by a Sydney based ...
- 09-13-2010, 12:30 PM #1Unregistered Guest
Indian Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel has been awarded the Aviation Minister of the Year award by a Sydney based group for his contribution to the progress of aviation in the Asia Pacific region.
India's private Kingfisher Airlines won the New Airline of the Year award given by consultancy group the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) and supported by Malaysia Tourism.
"The Indian civil aviation minister has demonstrated leadership in aviation liberalisation, with far reaching consequences for the global aviation market," the awardees said.
"In 2005, Indian government signed an open skies agreement with the US and signed liberalised bilateral deals with the UK, Germany, France, China, Singapore, Qatar, Canada and others."
The awardees also lauded India's plans for $10 billion airport modernisation, fleet expansion, public offering for Indian Airlines and Air India and support given to boost domestic low cost carrier entrants.
The Indian High Commissioner in Malaysia R.L. Narayan collected the award on behalf of Patel.
The awards based on the recommendations of industry experts selected Beijing Capital International Airport for the Airport of the year Award, Jetstar for the Low-cost Airline of the year and All Nippon Airways as the Turnaround Airline of the year.
- By Unregistered in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-30-2010, 05:16 PM
- By Unregistered in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2010, 02:18 PM
- By Unregistered in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:24 PM
- By GAURAVBANSAL in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2010, 08:44 PM
- By adv.singh in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-15-2010, 11:11 AM