Air Deccan Kerala
This is a discussion on Air Deccan Kerala within the Airlines forums, part of the Transportation category; Air Deccan, one of India's leading low-cost carriers, said Tuesday it would start operations to Kochi from Bangalore and Chennai ...
- 09-06-2010, 05:55 PM #1Unregistered Guest
Air Deccan Kerala
Air Deccan, one of India's leading low-cost carriers, said Tuesday it would start operations to Kochi from Bangalore and Chennai by month-end.
Currently, the airline does not fly to any destination in Kerala. The launch date is likely to be announced shortly.
Air Deccan has recently taken delivery of two brand new ATR 72-500 aircraft, one of which will be deployed on the Bangalore-Kochi and Chennai-Kochi sectors, a statement issued by the airline here said.
The Bangalore-headquartered airline said Kochi would, for the first time, be serviced by a low-cost carrier.
"It (Kerala) has immense potential in terms of tourism which has seen explosive growth in the last decade," said Air Deccan managing director G.R. Gopinath. "Our flights will be a boon to travellers going in and out of the state."
He said Air Deccan's foray into Kerala was a part of its aggressive expansion plans and depending on the demand, it might even deploy an Airbus on the sector.
Air Deccan operates more than 132 flights daily day with its fleet of five Airbus A-320s (180 seater), 13 ATR 42s (48 seater) and two ATR 72s (72 seater). The airline has ordered 62 brand new aircraft.
- By admin in forum AirlinesReplies: 4Last Post: 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM
- By Unregistered in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-01-2010, 03:20 PM
- By Unregistered in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-01-2010, 10:17 AM
- By Unregistered in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
- By Rajagopalan in forum AirlinesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM