Thread: Voltas AC

SGC Guest

Unhappy Voltas AC

I have a 2 Ton Voltas Vertis Gold Split AC. A few days back it stopped functioning. The yellow operation light flashes more than 5 times in a second and the AC Manual said that in such situation contact the Authorized Service Center. So i contacted Voltas Service (1800 425 455) and got a complaint number. The complaint was registered on12th September 2009 and today it's 23d and still the problem hasn't been resolved.

And the Voltas dealer here in Ahmedabad, Shraddha Cooling Systems is absolutely hopeless. They really need to be taught customer service. They are not only spoiling Voltas's name but denting the reputation of TATA. It's for sure, we are never every buying any AC from them in future ever again.

advocate's Avatar
    advocate is offline Moderator

Kindly provide us the details related to product and its purchase.

sgc Guest

Unhappy Further details

Quote Originally Posted by advocate View Post

Kindly provide us the details related to product and its purchase.
    Date of Purchase: 11/10/08
    Product: Vertis Gold 2.0 Ton Split Airconditioner
    Invoice No: 030
    Purchased from: Shraddha Cooling Systems, Ahmedabad
    Indoor Unit Sr. No: 4551026M08F002897
    Outdoor Unit Sr. No: 4510946M08E001276

It's Oct. 3 more than 3 weeks since our complaint, and it hasn't been fixed yet. I am absolutely appalled by Voltas service.

It's a pity that consumers are treated like trash in our country..

advocate's Avatar
    advocate is offline Moderator

To get any solution for your complaint kindly send a complaint letter to the Head Office of the Co. Send it through registered post and keep a copy of that letter also. Hope you will get any positive response from there.

Default voltas service centre ignoring complaint from last seven months

i bought a voltas split ac last year in july n its swing stopped functioning after seven days,complained them in august last year at my local service centre of voltas at amritsar (punjab) india but they dindt provide service,,then i complained them every month till now bt they didnt act,,i still complaining them even yesterday and this time they told me that they are not going to provide service ..they chalanged me that i can complain anywhere,,even in consumer court...what can i do now..
    plz fix it...

my contact details are :-
    gursumeet sandhu
    112 gaganpreet house,guru nanak avenue.
    majitha road,
    amritsar,punjab,india
    mob:- 9888888586
    email:-gursumeetsandhu@yahoo.co.in

Sidhant's Avatar
    Sidhant is offline Moderator

Hello Consumer Court Members,

If you have any issue with Voltas AC the visit: complaint regarding Voltas air conditioner , this post may help you. Follow the mentioned steps and wait for their reply and revert us back.

Hemant Patil, Pune Guest

Thumbs up Suggestion

I advise all the consumers to keep a history of calls/complaints logged with call center along with the date when complaints were attended with details like names of the persons you spoke with, time , name of the person who attended the complaint, the kind of action taken and the details of parts replaced etc. Use this history while writing the mails higher ups and with this kind of neat records believe me, the customer support definitely gets baffled and then the complaint is sorted without even going to consumer court.

1. Complaint 2-3 times through proper channel(call center, e-mail etc ...record all details..The e-mails build history for you to provide as a proof of correspondence and customer support replies.
    2. Complaint again with this history attached and time frame you offer them to resolve and also mention further course of action of writing to their MD/CEO and subsequently to Consumer court
    3. Even after this, complaint is not resolved, go to consumer court and these records will strengthen your case

I have personally tried it with the likes of Airtel, Bajaj Auto, Videocon, ICICI Lombard stc for Mobile services, Motorcycle services and TV services and Health Insurance services for renewal and have succeeded in getting the desired resolution. In the first three cases, it worked with customer support level but in the last case, I had to write to their MD and it worked like magic. But remember that , every time you can not write to MD and hence write to him only when its all lost and you are thinking of going to consumer court

I hope this will act as a good Consumer Awareness tip.

TILAK RAJ Guest

Default Tilak Raj

I purchased voltas window ac 1.5 ton from your dealer at ludhiana in may 2009 It is not working properly from day one Last year your service centre person visited more then 6-7 times but fault is beyond his knowledge. service centre is not able to remove the fault. complaint was again regd with you vide call no 10AP1500267 customer id
    C 1018705 dt 15/4/2010 .. service mechanic visited & advised to shift the place of a/c which is also honored but problem is still as it was. sleepless nights and hot days are here inspite of spending more then Rs18000/

I hereby request to concerned officials through this message to collect a/c & refund my money along with interest otherwise I will be compelled to knock the door of consumer forum to get rid of this poor quality product.

(TILAK RAJ)
    30 EAST MODEL GRAM, LUDHIANA 141002 (09814441445)

P.V.Satheesan Guest

Default Voltas split ac vertis

My split ac (Voltas vertis) stopped working for the last two months. The fault symptom observed was: After a few secods of switching on the AC an yellow light (Timer) blinks and the ac gets cut off.

I had intimated the dealer and they arranged a technician much later and they had taken PCB and forwarded to the authorised service center at Kochi. The technician brought back the repaired PCB and fitted but it shows the same fault !. Surprisingly my Voltas airconditioner is not working for the last two months during this hot summer !
    Again the technican send back the PCB for repair at your Kochi service centre. I do not know whether I have to wait for winter to come to start my AC !

As soon as I get the FFR and SR from the technician I will forward to you for your reference.

My Contact details:

Kerala - 670331.

Tel: 0497 2701947
    Mob: 9446461719

Default Voltas split ac

Please dont buy any voltas products since its not at all good, and i nerver ever seen the customer service like this, "ther worst" - no body will care for your money if you buy this voltas products

Question voltas AC WINDOW 1.5 TON VERTIS PLUS

DEAR SIR,

WE BUY THE VOLTAS WINDOW A.C. 1.5 TON VERTIS PLUS FROM NEXT SHOWROOM AT PANIPAT ON DATED 03-03-2010.WE INSTALLED IT AFTER 15 DAYS THEN IT DID NOT WORK. WE COMPLAINT AT NEXT SHOWROOM THEN HE CHANGED THE INNER UNIT THREE TIMES.NOW OUR A.C. WORKING BUT REMOTE OF ORIGINAL A.C. IS NOT WORKING. WE AGAIN COMPLAINT TO NEXT. NOW HE IS NOT RESPONSE PROPERLY AND GIVING LOCAL REMOTE THAT WE HAVE NOT TAKEN. WE DO NOT KNOWN WHETHER THE UNIT IS VERTIS PLUS OR NOT . NOW HE WANT TO CHANGE THE ELECTRONIC CKT OF A.C. BUT WE ARE NOT AGREE TO CHANGE WE WANT OUR VERTIS PLUS A.C. WITH ORIGINAL REMOTE. SO, TELL ME WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS.

MY DETAILS:
    HARISH KUMAR
    QUARTE NO-2, TYPE-3
    BLOCK-B,SANCHAR KUNJ
    MODEL TOWN,PANIPAT
    e-Mail:-bsnl.harish@gmail.com

DEEPIKA SALWAN Guest

Angry Bad service of voltas a.c

WE HAD REGISTERED A COMPLAINT AGAINST OUR VOLTAS AC. AS ON 16.5.10 AT 12:00 PM IN NOON. NOW, TILL DATE NOBODY HAS COME TO ATTEND THE COMPLAINT & CHECK THE PROBLEM IN.IT. WE'RE FACING A MISERABLE LIFE IN SUCH A HOT TEMPERATURE DUE TO JUST YOUR BAD SERVICES TO CUSTOMER

IF YOU WILL NOT TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION AGAINST THIS COMPLAINT ,THEN WE WILL GO TO CONSUMER COURT FOR THIS SERVICE.

CONTACT PERSON
    Ms. DEEPIKA SALWAN
    MB NO-09971899797
    COMPLAINT NO-10MY1600620

kanishk Guest

Default Extremely poor dealer service:Help return my AC

I am writing this mail terribly pained & harassed by your dealer "SWIFT AIRCARE" for his indifferent attitude.

I had complained to Voltas Customer Care (18002664555) on 17 May '10 regarding non functioning of the AC. It took 3 days(on 20 May 2010) for the dealer to finally come & check the problem. I was told that there was gas leakage problem.

I paid the dealer advance Rs 350/- for the checking & gave him the AC for gas refilling on the same day(20 May 2010).Dealer promised me to return the AC by the next day.

But its now 6 days , I have not received my AC yet.Dealer is giving excuses every day that there is manpower shortage , electricity problem etc every day and only testing is left which needs to be done.

I am terribly pained as the work which could have been done in few hrs with half the amount has taken more than 9days.

Over & above despite the delay , the dealer staff are not customer friendly & not responding properly

Request you to please help return my AC even if its not serviced.I am calling daily to Voltas Customer Care (18002664555) informing about daily commitment dealer is giving but its not yielding anything.

Kanishk chhabra

Complaint no :10MY1703049
    Dealer: "SWIFT CARE SHOP NO 10 ,CHAUHAN MARKET,SECTOR 44,NOIDA"
    Dealer representatives - Aman Agarwal(9711005268) , Sanjeev kumar ( 9711005265), Shammim (9711005267).
    Complaint made on :17 May 10
    AC submiited for gas refilling:20 may 10

kanishk is offline Junior Member
    May 2010

Kanishk chhabra

Complaint no :10MY1703049
    Dealer: "SWIFT CARE SHOP NO 10 ,CHAUHAN MARKET,SECTOR 44,NOIDA"
    Complaint made on :17 May 10
    AC submiited for gas refilling:20 may 10

NITIN BASANT AGRAWAL is offline Junior Member
    May 2010

Requested sir/madam,
    i have purchased 2 split a/c voltas vertis plus (s) 3 star rated one month before. I have complaint regarding noise pollution in my a/c. I cannot sleep in night due this noise of ac. I have complaint to the customer care and the service man visited my house but could not repair the a/c and cannot solve the problem.
    I have again complaint on 23rd may 2010 my complaint no 10my2301228 but till today my problem is not solved.
    Will u help me and guide me about what to do ?

1. Voltas AC