Thread: Insurance ombudsman

mcb1753@gmail.com Guest

Default lic policy no. 841932494 NON-SETTLEMENT.

I regret to inform to complaint on lic of India regarding settlement of matured lic policy no.841932494. sir, the policy matured ondt.20.05.2013 at lic branch office SRI KALA HASTI., chittoor (dt) ANDHRA PRADESH has not taken any action to settle my matured policy even several personal requests and written requests. I am a retired employe from a public ltd. corporation and I am under financial problems.
    So, Sir I request you to kindly solve my problem immediately I shall 0blise you Sir.
    Thanking you sir
    Yours faithfully,
    M.C.BATHAIAH
    dr.no.3/587, peerla chavidi street,
    SRI KALAHASTI- 517644,
    CHITTOOR,dt, ANDHRA PRADESH.

Karthik -Dindigul Guest

Post New INDIA Insurance.

Policy NO: 7290031130100003936 , Am meet with accident couple of months before (i.e. 12th Oct'13 ) HYUNDAI I 10 ERA, My self informed to Dindigul branch Mr. Ibrahim who's agent in NEW INDIA INSURANCE, not even he came to the sport and never support to guide to enable to release vehicle from police by getting legal documents and RTO for the same. So, that also never worried for the careless from the insurance agent. After completing those stuffs hand over the car to Hyundai show room, after repaired the damaged car show room person called Insurance guy, but he could didn't come for the same, since he told he is suffering from eye pain, that gentle man took month than one month to reach over the place...as now still we are not getting any response. So, am request you to look in to it for the following issue and revert back for the same.

Default misselling by Reliance Insurance Co.

My Name is Renu Singh, and my Policy No- is 51092162 & Complaint No. 0017682122/2 form sep 2012 till now no positive reply from Reliance Insurance co., i got this policy in 28th July, 2013, with investment amount of Rs. 99000/- i received call from one the agent of Reliance co. from Delhi . and she told me you will get bonus of Rs .50000/- and pension plan after jan, 2014. and you will get 80% loan also. after a month you will get FTL i.e, (Fund Transfer Letter). in that letter you will get written information bonus amount is 50000 on 05th oct 2013. & your investment amount also get return because its an one time investment plan.

But after paid i was received documents, its showing long terms Policy and i have to pay seven years and i will get benefit after 15 years this is unbelievable, and at that time that agent continues in touch me informed me that u will get that letter soon. after free lock period there is no call even i didn't received that letter. even they dont received my calls also. so i complaint to andheri head office they said we cannot do any thing on that .

Now am in very bad condition .

i am continuous follow up with Reliance customer service please help me i want my money back. Complaint No. 0017682122/1 dtd: 27/09/2013.

please contact me for more information.

Renu Singh

Cvan Guest

Default Religare Health Insurance Scam

I was in the market looking for a Health insurance policy for my mother who is ages 56 years and had a existing ICICI Lombard Health insurance plan for the last 3 years.

Suddenly out of the Blues I received a renewal notice from ICICI Lombard saying that they have conveniently decided to increase the Premium amount by 2 folds.

(I later understood that the reason for this sudden increase was because they had already received 3 years of Premium from me and now that my mother was covered for all Critical illnesses they just did not want to honor the Health Insurance plan and increasing the premium is a way to discourage old customer to move out of their system. Pretty Smart!)

And just to be clear my mother has no pre existing illnesses and has never been hospitalized.

So coming back I was looking for the Health Insurance portability option which is now a rule as per IRDA so I did some online research and go in touch with a company in Delhi called Medi Manage(medimanage.com) - Rep name Snehal Dhanu who claimed that they were totally into guiding health insurance customer find the right policy for their needs.

So she asked me to send her to details about my mothers existing ICICI Lombard Health insurance policy and later offered me 3 options and Religare Health insurance was a part of it. I choose Religare based on the advise received from Snehal Dhanu - medimanage.

Now let me be clear Snehal and her co-worker did tell me that there is a possibility that Religare might delay the issuance of the portability policy as no one in the Indian Insurance industry wants to take on the risks from another Health insurance even though IRDA rules requires them to. But as we live in India I guess we must just accept such things as companies do not have any sort of ethics.

So 2 weeks back Mr Shayam (Religare Health Insurance companies Manager) comes to visit my residence in Bangalore in order to collect all the documents and fill up the forms for my mothers health insurance policy.

I asked him clearly about the Turn around time and he point blank lied to me that he will send me the receipt within 24 hours to my email id. I did not receive any emails (till date).

They en cash my cheque on the next Bank's working day and I only get to know this due to my Bank sending me an sms.

And then just silence.........................

I then get worried and send an email to Snehal at medimanage about the status of the Health Insurance but she says she is also surprised because she had expected Religare to have contacted me by now and completed the required Health Check up etc etc and my policy should have been processed. So i requested her to follow up on this and get back to me quickly as I did not want the prior policy to expire without a new policy in place.

And Yesterday on the date when my ICICI Lombard Health Insurance is going to expire I receive a call from Snehal who tells me that Religare is not moving forward with the renewal as they are also following shaddy business practice of ignoring IRDA circular about portability and are also not giving a clear explanation about the delay. So I just told her to cancel the policy and have my money returned back ASAP. She then tells me that this might take like 10 working days.

Now me and my mother have just been left to fend for ourselves where Insurance companies like Religare who build up good looking offices/Websites/ Brand Name and So called Managers like Shyam are only interested in pocketing their commission or reaching their monthly targets but then have no regards in order to follow up with he customer or providing accurate information.

Please guys Do not take any Health Insurance policy from Religare Health Insurance company ever ! You will just get conned today or tomorrow at the day of renewal as I have already experienced it.

Religare proposal Number - 1100400001759

Rakesh

Angry Against aviva insurance company

My name is Rincy

I have an insurance policy in aviva insurance company for last 2 years, Now I want to cancel my policy but the company says it should be cancel become 3 years. The company says if you cancel your 1st year premium of 10000 should be lost and the return 30% of next two years premium. So they told me to pay 2 installment of 5000 and before 1 year they return me only rs 6000.

This is cheating so please help me what should I do? I paid rs 20000 total. Please take necessary action against AVIVA INSURANCE COMPANY

my email- jominvvarghese@gmail.com

Default Delay in paying Mediclaim claim amount

Pol. no. 154500/48/12/8500006625 issued by National Insurance Company Ltd.
    TPA: MedSave India
    Submitted on 27/01/2014 Claim approved before 10/03/2014 But payment not made as yet showing reason of Year ending(?)

Geeta Bhardwaj Guest

Default complain with Max Life Insurance and complain no 714/2012

hi

I had taken a policy with Max New york life insurance in december 2008 and had paid monthly premium of Rs. 5000/- per month for 21 months amounting to 1.05,000. I stopped paying as my agent told me that i needed to pay for 21 months only and after the policy completes 3 years i can withdraw my money.

when i contacted max after completion of 3 years they refused to refund any amount and said i was supposed to pay for 60 months...i raised the complain with their grievance cell but they did not refund

it has be over 5 years since i took the policy and i raised a case with Life Insurance omsbudperson in 2012 and they gave me case number as 714/2012 and i have been following up with ombudsperson and they told me a new ombudsperson will be appointed and then he would look into cases and it has been six months since i have been hearing this.

Please let me know whether i can get my hard earned money back as no one responds on mail sent to ombudsperson office or pick up the call

Please help
    Geeta

sidonline2 is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2011

Post Fraud and mis-sold policy of MAX LIFE INSURANCE

Policy No. 443294715
    The said policy is owned by me. I am serving soldier of Indian Army.This policy was purchased by me through their auth agent Mainak Datta ( Code 167874) who has mis-sold the insurance policy to me and is completely out of touch after i purchased this policy.

Total of five semi annual premium( of Rs 12000/- each ) was paid by me. Total costing to be Rs 60000/- . When i contacted MNYL for redeeming my money as I require it for my urgent needs and for such hard times i had invested in MNYL. If for such crucial days any individual invests their hard earned money to compensate for times of dire need.

When I had called i was told i had not paid one premium and the total hard earned sweat invested in MYNL is lapsed.

I know due to my profession of national interest and high degree of security and my postings at hard locations i could not personally look into the matter. That is why the entire process is looked after my family.

The is absolutely no intimation of such lapses to me either telephonically , or through emails or through mails at the specified address by me. The last email received by me is on june 2009, the given mobile no. was functional till june 2013. the given land line no . is functional since 1998 and the given address exists since 1996.

If the co. has shown some concern towards their customer such lapses could be avoided. For the lapses of Company why the poor soldier needs to be harassed.

Such lackadaisical attitude clearly indicates malafide intentions to harass the soldier of the Indian Army .When this policy was sold to me it was clearly told i can draw my entire moner after the locking period of 3 years and in terms and conditiond it was rather misguided and mis-sold to me.

I request your sincere and immediate concern to adress the issue and return the amount to me after due consideration of investing in your company for 7 years.
    Your immdiate reply is deeply requested to provide justice to money hard earned by safeguarding the nation by a SOLDIER.

Now when i had escalated the issue they are saying they are nowhere concernned with zero surrender value.It is the case of absolute negligiency of consumer affairs and fraud.

Siddharth Sharma

0581-2412932
    9412194442

Ashok kulkarni is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2009

Sir ,I have purchased Future Guarantee ULIP , Future Generali Insuranace on 24/03/2009 & policy number 00095446 ,Premium amount Rs 11000/- per annum , terms of policy 20 years ,I have paid five full premium i.e.Rs. 55000/- after five years I want to surrender my policy ,as per company terms & condition 2% service charges will be deducted and as per fund value depending on market value amount will be paid, but now Future Generali Insuranace company not ready to pay 1st premium of Rs. 11000/- which I have paid ,the company is ready to pay and considering 4 premiums amount Rs. 44000.00 on as per market value approximately Rs.38000.00 will be paid ,remaining Ist premium amount Rs.11000.00 fore fitting. This is cheating the customers
    I have registered my on line complaint at IRDA on 10/04/2014 and given token Number – 03-14-036023 still I have not received any response from Future Generali Insurance company. Kindly guide & inform for further action.

Yours faithfully

+918147547925

prasadgst@gmail.com Guest

Default Refund of my caller tune amount of rs. 45/- of mob. No. 9911436322

Respected sir

i am using prepaid mobile of idea having number 9911436322 and an amount of rs. 45/- was deducted on 06/06/2014 in the name of caller tune without any request. After filing complain to idea, they are refused to refund the said amount. The matter is not only an amount of rs. 45/- but this company is illegally charging and dedcucting money to any prepaid mobile user without any services and hence i am aggrieved to that company. I request your lord to kindly refund that amount and provide me justice at the earliest

thanking your

nr. Rajendra park
    gurgaon-122001

Ankijaini_2007@yahoo.com Guest

Angry Mr.Ankit Jain

I am bought Max Bupa policy two years back 09.06.2012 for my dependent parents. I paid hefty premium to Max Bupa so that my parents doesn't get suffer interms of medical treatment. However, recently my mom got diagnosed Bladder cancer in feb 2014. We were going to admit her in Sir Ganga ram hospital. They denied my mom pre auth unnecessarily. They denied our claim on the reason that my mom is suffering from Hyper Tension from the past three four years. During the pre auth she mentioned the treating Doctor that there can be a possibility of 3-4 years if Hypertension, however treatment is only for one year and same was recorded by the doctor. Hyper tension was not diagnosed before and she was not aware about this. She never been admitted to hospital before. They refused it on this basis. I went their office and after pleading them several times they said that please get an affidavit from the treating regarding this which was unjustifiable. but I still went ahead to do it so that its get settle amicably. I went to Doctor then Tis hazari court for affidavit then they said that affidavit is from first class magistrate then I again followed the same procedure with more hiccups. Then I couriered that affidavit to them they said that we have not received it till now and creating a trouble for me. When I reported this matter to grievance person of Max bupa (Saurabh Tripathi) and after sending several emails regarding the tracking number of courier then they said that we have received the courier. Then I sent my bills of mother Mrs. Anju Jain (hospitalization) then they again rejected my claim.

Never buy any policy from Max bupa. They will bully you unnecessarily and will reject your claim. They create headache for any policy holder. you can contact me at ankijaini_2007@yahoo.com

Ankit Jain

Default delay in claim since2011 with LIC policy No.161936992

The Policy no.161936992 with LIC of india, the Policy is on my name Shasvat Garg S/o Lt. Sh. Ram Parkash Garg. My father purchased policy from LIC of India in 2000 when i was 6 Month old. My father Sh. Ram Parkash Garg has been died on 18.01.2011.we have submitted the required papers in the following manner:

1. On dated 12.03.2011 we send the original death certificate, copy of policy bond along with covering letter to LIC sec-17 Chandigarh Branch as my father purchased policy from them.
    2. Chandigarh branch replied on 23rd that this Policy belongs to Karol Bagh, Delhi and they return the document to us .
    3. Then We submitted the required document to branch office Bapu Bhawan, Karol Bagh Delhi on dated 28.03.2011
    4. Further we have send a reminder to Karol Bagh branch on dated 29.04.2011 to know the status of the proceeding.
    5. Further we have send a reminder to Karol Bagh branch on dated 16.06.2014 to know the status of the proceeding.

No action has been taken yet. we have personally visited Karol Bagh branch so many time. But the only replied from their side is “Matter is under Processing”.
    Please help me.

mabk45@gmail.com Guest

Default Non receipt of Maturity Valu of PLI Policy-reg

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    INSURANCE OMBUDSMAN

The institution of Insurance Ombudsman was created by the Government of India vide its notification dated 11th November, 1998 to handle complaints of aggrieved insured persons. Claimants who could not get their complaints redressed by insurers may get in touch with the Ombudsman relevant to their states.

My Postal Life Insurance Policy No.KL/10708-B Matured in 30th June 2913 and after submitting Policy Bond and uptodate premium paid passbook andmy frequent reminders and
    Contacts over telephone 0487-2423531, 0471-2305252 and 0471-2305348 neither the maturity amount received nor got any positive reply till today from them. From their Trivandrum office they used to say that this can be paid by Trichur branch and Trichur branch always says that they have forwarded the Bond and Pass book to Trivandrum and unless and until they receive intimation from Trivandrum branch they can not pay the amount. I find no other way but to seek help from your good office and I sincerely hope your office will take up the matter and do the needful to get the Maturity value along with penalty for the late payment of the amount . This penalty is for my mental tension and my financial commitments that I could not meet so far and the damage for the same can not be paid by cash and hence this request.
    Yours faithfully,
    =Balakrishnan.M.A.
    mabk45@gmail.com

sandeep_nano15@yahoo.com Guest

Default False signatur is made in proposil form and 9200/ one car ins sbi gen ins co po-1000244

I have taken car car loan (vec no -cg-16b 2095 sandeep kumar dey ) dt 16/3/2010 sandeep ku dey in four year i make poLICY CAR INSURANCE from bajaj alliance and UNITED INDIA INS CO LTD INSURANCE VaLID 17/7/14 POLICE NO-1916013113P102524883 and every year i submeted sbi branch. By the sbi agent forcely one insurance is made in my name but NOT FILL ANY FORM OR SIGNATURE (false signature has been made in proposle form by sbi agent MR SAMSAR SINGH
    MOBILE NO-8518880896 or sbi loan dept(Mr. ekka) branch code 3811 chirimiri c.g.
    .SBI General Insurance Policy No. 1000244 CAR NO CG 16 B 2288 (the ownner name sanjay ku verma )THIS CAR NOT bt the insurance amount is dedected from my loan account but the policy was in another name so i and sbi loan department cannot get any benifit from this type of fake insurance policy
    and also i had not recive any policy bond or information or any communication of POLICY BOND till date (LAST ONE YEAR in police active period) . only in last date one policy renewal notes is came on 22/5/2014 FROM SBI to pay Rs 5867/ SO PLS CANCELE
    after verifying and reissue this policy bond in my name dt. 17.07.14 I came to know the all matters of my false insurance please as soon as sent me all the initial proposal from policy no. 1000244 dt. in the period of 22.05.13 i had also complained sbi general insurance irda and mr. ekka sbi bank ,mr. anand kumar,mr. hariharan to give me a copy of intial proposal from bt till 1 month i had not recive any proposal from sbi general life insurance branch my next step is to i am going to consumer forem and media to justify the policy. so please make a new policy in my name and in my car no. in this year which effect from 16.07.14 my contact no. 9301394005

Default resattlement of century plus policy 0077801737

I am nurun neher begum my policy no 0077801737. I have purchesed of century plus policy from bajajallianz life insurence company. I pay 100000 . Comany comencement 5 yr doble. 5 yr complete no doble. my nerest customer Mr debasish biswas policy no 0082481707. Allready sattelment amont settelup . fund swiching case . Why i no sattelment amont. I recived forclose amont 25600. Please imidate slove .
    yours faithfully
    Nurun neher begum

1. Banking Ombudsman
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 12:22 AM
  2. Form of complaint - Banking Ombudsman
    Last Post: 07-22-2015, 05:50 PM
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 12:03 PM
  4. Credit Card (Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006)
    By Sundeep Aggarwal. in forum Credit Card