Thread: Form of complaint - Banking Ombudsman

Default Form of complaint - Banking Ombudsman

FORM OF COMPLAINT (TO BE LODGED) WITH THE BANKING OMBUDSMAN
    (TO BE FILLED UP BY THE COMPLAINANT)

To:
    The Banking Ombudsman
    Place of BO’s office…………………………..

Sub: Complaint against …………………….(Name of the bank’s branch) of
    …………………………………………………………………………………(Name of the Bank)

Details of the complaint are as under:
    1. Name of the Complainant …………………..

2. Full Address of the Complainant ……………………
    ……………………
    ……………………
    Pin Code ………………..
    Phone No/ Fax No. .……………………
    Email …………………….

3. Complaint against (Name and full address of the branch/bank) ………………………….

Pin Code …………………….
    Phone No. / Fax No. …………………….

4. Particulars of Bank or Credit card Account (If any)
    …………………………………………………………………………

5. (a) Date of representation already made by the complainant to the bank (Please enclose a copy of the representation) ……………………….

(b) Whether any reminder was sent by the complainant? YES/NO
    ( Please enclose a copy of the reminder )
    ……………………….

6. Subject matter of the complaint (Please refer to Clause 8 of the Scheme)
    …………………………………………………………………………………………

7. Details of the complaint:
    (If space is not sufficient, please enclose separate sheet)
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………

8. Whether any reply (Within a period of one month after the bank concerned received the representation) has been received from the bank? Yes/ No
    ( if yes, please enclose a copy of the reply )

9. Nature of Relief sought from the Banking Ombudsman
    ………………………………………………………………………………
    ( Please enclose a copy of documentary proof, if any, in support of your claim )

10. Nature and extent of monetary loss, if any, claimed by the complainant by way of compensation (please refer to clauses 12 (5) & 12 (6) of the Scheme) Rs.……………….

11. List of documents enclosed:
    (Please enclose a copy of all the documents )

12. Declaration:
    (i) I/ We, the complainant/s herein declare that:
    a) the information furnished herein above is true and correct;
    and
    b) I/We have not concealed or misrepresented any fact stated in the above columns and in the documents submitted herewith.
    (ii) The complaint is filed before expiry of period of one year reckoned in accordance with the provisions of Clause 9(3)(a) and (b) of the Scheme.
    (iii) The subject matter of the present complaint has never been brought before the Office of the Banking Ombudsman by me/ us or by any of the parties concerned with the subject matter to the best of my/ our knowledge.
    (iv) The subject matter of the present complaint has not been decided by/pending with any forum/court/arbitrator.
    (v) I/We authorise the bank to disclose any such information/ documents furnished by us to the Banking Ombudsman and disclosure whereof in the opinion of the Banking Ombudsman is necessary and is required for redressal of our complaint.
    (vi) I/We have noted the contents of the Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006.

Yours faithfully,
    (Signature of Complainant)

NOMINATION – (If the complainant wants to nominate his representative to appear and make submissions on his behalf before the Banking Ombudsman or to the Office of the Banking Ombudsman, the following declaration should be submitted.)

I/We the above named complainant/s hereby nominate
    Shri/Smt………………………………………….. who is not an Advocate and whose address is
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………
    as my/our REPRESENTATIVE in all proceedings of this complaint and confirm that any statement, acceptance or rejection made by him/her shall be binding on me/us. He/She has signed below in my presence.

ACCEPTED

(Signature of Representative)
    (Signature of Complainant)
    Note: If submitted online, the complaint need not be signed.

Default Complaint against HDFC Bank Nehru Place, New Delhi

I have depoisted a cheque no. 22958 dated 3/3/2010 of HDFC Bank to be credited in HDFC Bank at HDFC Bank, Nehru Place, New Delhi on 03/03/2010 but the same has still not credited even after repeated follow-up but they are very rude in behaviour and very very non cooperative with the customers.

HDFC Bank Guest

Default Response - Complaint against HDFC Bank Nehru Place, New Delhi

Dear customer,

Please provide us with the following cheque details and write to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com, with the id TTU00003309032010 in the subject line of your email:

- Date of Deposit

- Complete Branch/ ATM address (as per our website) where the cheque has been deposited

- Was the cheque deposited at the Branch counter, ATM Machine or the drop box at the ATM / branch?

- Value of the Cheque

- Cheque Number

- Location at which the cheque is payable

- Drawer Bank and branch

- Contact number

Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank

durgesh.kumar17 Guest

Default for recovery of amount that was forfeited by the bank

To, dated:- 14.03.2010
    The Banking Ombudsman,
    Jeevan Bharti Building,
    Tower No-1, 7th Floor,
    124, Cannought Circus,
    New Delhi-110001,

Sub:- For Recovery of amount that was forfeited by the Bank.

I am Durgesh Kumar S/o Shri Balbir Singh, R/o D-35, West Jyoti Nagar (HB) Loni Road, Shahadra, Delhi-110094. I have a saving account No. 037801503289 with ICICI Bank Ltd. I had deposited a cheque No. 426247 dated 25.12.2008 amounting to Rs. 63000/- at ICICI Bank’s ATM but the cheque has been dishonored on 30.12.2008 on account because “insufficient fund”. But till date I have not received that cheque back at my residential address when I called on phone banking they received my complaint on phone and the complaint no. is SR92482039 dated 9.1.2009 but till date I have not received any information about my cheque and I again give the complaint on Net Banking and the complaint no. is SR92943318 dated 13.1.2009 but also on the Net Banking I don’t received any solution from bank’s side. After this I again filed another complaint on Net Banking, Complaint No. SR93386118. I visited in my nearest Branch several time i.e Preet Vihar, Delhi-110092 because ICICI bank have centralized banking but they don’t have any solution of this problem. The bank’s employees are always trying to ignore me and they are not doing any favour to me and I am not getting any response from them so. I had gone to Branch Manager (Preet Vihar) but she was also not having any solution for my problem. When I request her she gives threat to me that wherever you want to go u can go whether, Police and Court, or in Consumer Court we will not do anything for you. They gives me lot of problem because of their bad service, bad behavior and bad costumer satisfaction. Just because of them I am in big loss because the credit party is totally refused to pay any amount to me till than I am not return his cheque back. If my cheque is not returned to me then please return my whole amount i.e 63000/- plus interest, which was forfeited by the bank due to lack of service.
    A cheque deposited with the bank for collection was dishonoured, but the bank failed to return it on the plea that it was lost in transit. It was held that due to the deficiency of service on the part of the bank, the complainant has suffered mental agony and harassment, as neither the money has not been credited to the account of the complainant nor has the cheque which is alleged to be dishonoured has been returned to the complainant and such the complainant is clearly entitled for compensation. Smt. Harmohinder Kaur v. State Bank of Patiala 1999(2) CPR 553 (SCDRC - Himachal Pradesh)

Rude behaviour
    A bank may be held liable for deficiency in service owing to rude behavior of its officials and be ordered to pay compensation for the mental agony and discomfort caused.
    Non-return of dishonoured cheque
    The failure to return a dishonoured cheque has been held to be deficiency in service where the complainant was unable to take action against the drawer without the instrument
    I am requesting you to please make solution to return my cheque back as soon as possible or my amount back to me.

Please save my entire amount, which is forfeited by the bank due to lack of service.

Thanking You,
    DURGESH KUMAR
    D-35 WEST JYOTI NAGAR (HB)
    LONI ROAD SHAHADRA DELHI-110094
    MOBILE-9999600849

arunesh pratap is offline Junior Member
    Mar 2010

i have use atm card in pnb bank and withrow 4000 rs but i have not recive cash and cut from my account so please help me
    i have done complain to hdfc bank custumer care no but they reply me ki mil bhi sakta hi nahi bhi mil sakta hi
    arunesh

amuthaperiasamy Guest

Default Ombudsman compliant

i was tried to withdraw Rs 15,000/ in Axis bank(sathyamangalam,bannari amman institute of technology)on 20-01-2010.but i received only Rs 100/ at that time.i gave the complaint in my branch on next day(IOB,kandanpalayam) they send the complaint to axis bank by 21-02-2010.but till now the Axis bank did not reply.

dcs_nsk@live.com Guest

Default Non stop harassment from ABN Amro Bank.

Dear Sirs,
    ABN Amro Bank had issued a credit card to my daughter without our consent & knowledge. She left our home without our notice. Now we don't have her contact details. We are trying to find her at our best level.
    Now ABN People harass us for payment of her credit card. We have complaint to nodalofficercards@in.abnamro.com on 10th Feb. 2009 at 5.21PM . No. Your Call Dt. 10th Feb. 2009 at 5.21PM on 0253-2512245 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting@@@@@@@@@@@@@@0253-2512245@@@@@@end_of_the_skype_highlighting 0005415382400416269‏
    After all they are not ready to stop our harassment.
    Please guide us where & how to complaint to stop our harassment from ABN Amro Bank People. We have e-correspondence from 10 Feb 2010 to till today. Please let us know how we can forward their emails to you ? Will it help us ?
    Please reply immediately
    Yours Truly,
    Anil Trivedi

You can register your complaint against the recovery agents at your nearest police station.

ICICI Bank Care is offline Senior Member
    Sep 2009

Dear Durgesh,
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
    We will contact you and work to address your issue at the earliest.

ICICI Customer Service Team.

Quote Originally Posted by durgesh.kumar17 View Post
    To, dated:- 14.03.2010
    The Banking Ombudsman,
    Jeevan Bharti Building,
    Tower No-1, 7th Floor,
    124, Cannought Circus,
    New Delhi-110001,

Sub:- For Recovery of amount that was forfeited by the Bank.

Rude behaviour
    Non-return of dishonoured cheque

Thanking You,
    DURGESH KUMAR
    D-35 WEST JYOTI NAGAR (HB)
    LONI ROAD SHAHADRA DELHI-110094
    MOBILE-9999600849

Yogesh Nandwal Guest

Default Non payment of FDR amount By Union Bank of India, Neemuch Branch (Madhya Pradesh)

On the subject cited above this is to clarify that I have depositted my FDR into to said bank dated on 12.03.2009 to credit into my saving account no. 1863 but the same has not been credited into my account and still I am waiting into to matter. I also clarified that I have sent fax messages and postal complaint to ombudsman Bhopal ,No information has been sent by the Bhopal office about my girevances.

Exclamation C.S Sailesh Kumar Axis Bank Employee threatening Customer

I have been talking to customer care for reporting an issue of
    threatening, abuse and mis-behaviour not only to me as a user but also
    to my retired old parents who have no relationship with Axis Bank. On
    my each attempt to lodged the complaint I was told there are technical
    issues and they will not be able to take a complaint and provide a
    complaint number. Finally I would like to appreciate "Rajesh" from
    Axis Bank Mumbai who called and helped me to find this email id.

I had a Axis Bank Credit Card Bearing Number: 4718 6101 0054 which was
    lost in the month of 19th January 2009. After that incident I have
    never used the credit card at all. However, I have made payments
    during Feb-Mar-Apr 2009 of amounts with denomination of: Feb-5000,
    Mar- 4500, Apr- 5000 to a collection agency in hyderabad and the
    collection agent named Abdul or similar. I have the 1 receipt of
    payment, which I have retained after realizing that the payment is not
    reflecting on my Credit Card Statement.

I have called the Axis Bank Toll-Free and reported the same and after
    that I had not received any communication from Axis Bank. Recently a
    person from Axis Bank called on my permanent residence and reported to
    my old retired parents and told them that I have defaulted on my
    Credit Card Payment and there has been a Legal Case done on me and the
    Warrant is issued but he can stop this hassel if my parents make a
    payment of 45000/- INR immediately before 12:00pm on 29th of April
    2010, as he was the Legal Manager, Axis Bank he could help to sort
    this out. My parents being retired with no source of income could not
    make a committment and told they would inform me to get in touch with
    him and collected his phone number: +919866137946. My Parents were not
    able to reach me immediately and during that period this person has
    repeatedly called on the landline and threatned with mis-behaviour as
    my parents told they are not able to reach me.

I called back on the number immediately and discussed the matter with
    him and also provided him with the history of this issue and reason as
    to why the payment which I was making regularly discontinued. I agreed
    that I would like to settle the amount with Axis Bank regarded I am
    provided clarity on my missing payments that I made during Jan to Apr
    2009 and wave of the interest on the money which I had already paid.
    This person was Named C.S.SAILESH KUMAR. Mr. Sailesh Kumar upon
    enquiry also mentioned that the person who had called my parents was
    Mr. Srinivas Reddy, Legal Manager, Axis Bank. When I asked him for the
    contact details of Mr. Srinivas Reddy, Sailesh Kumar mentioned he was
    not in office and he is not aware of his Phone Number.

Mr. Sailesh Kumar told that the total due on my credit card is
    99,000/- INR which was not the total credit card limit even. Then he
    told me that a payment of 61,000/- INR was made and 38,000/- INR is
    pending. To which I told I have made a payment of around 15000/- INR
    so what happens to that amount. He said we will wave this amount as
    discount. Later he sent me a letter stating 26000/- INR as Full &
    Final Statement. Yesterday when I went to the bank, they informed that
    I would need a print out of the full & final payment letter. Later I
    spoke to my lawyer and asked for some clarification from Sailesh on
    email.

He replied to me on SMS that he busy with collections and would only
    be able to clarify at or after 6:30pm today but I should make the
    payment by 3:30pm. I certainly dint see any professional approach or a
    process where customer makes payment first and gets clarification
    later. Hence, I decided to go to the Bangalore, Rajajinagar branch of
    Axis Bank Card Department and do the settlement.

Later I received a call from Mr. C.S.SAILESH KUMAR from his mobile
    number: +919866137946 and he started shouting at me for not making the
    payment today and was not willing to listen to why the payment was not
    done. He started threatening that he will see now how I will make a
    settlement with Axis Bank, because he will cancel settlement option
    and I have to pay the full payment and how he is going to make my
    credit credibility bad. He was absolutely rude, abusive and upon being
    reminded that I am recording the call he got more violent and he hung
    up on me.

Immediately, he called up my parents and started mis-behaving and
    threatening them on the call about how I am a cheat and not making
    payment to Axis Bank, which I feel is absolutely un-professional, not
    compliant to customer policy and me being an above 21+yrs and not a
    minor talking to my parents and troubling them is illegal.

Request you to kindly assign a Axis Bank Payroll Employee who can
    contact me and I shall make this payment immediately. Also I would
    like to have a compliant registered against this employee of Axis Bank
    Mr. C. S. Sailesh Kumar for allegation on my moral, allegation on me
    for looting public money, for using abusive language and threatening
    to spoil my Credit Records and an compliant from my Parents for
    forcing them to undergo harrassment even tough they are not Axis Bank
    Customers. All emails, phone calls and sms recorded for proof, can be
    submitted as required.

Please let me know how to take this up with Axis Bank Ethics and
    Ombuds and get this resolved.

Prem Satpathy
    premsatpathy@gmail.com

SUNDARAVADIVELU Guest

Exclamation Hold on funds from HDFC BANK-reg

I had credit card a/c No.5176358010185477 from HDFC bank 4 years back. I have made final settlement thro HDFC bank letter Ref No.SEP/06/05/630 for Rs 20000.00 in 6 cheques on 25/09/2006.All the cheques were properly honored.
    Now after almost 3 1/2 years ie on 08-04-2010 I received a notice from HDFC Bank stating that my salary was put on "hold on Funds" and I need to pay Rs.139466.87.They have mentioned to contact a Person named LATHA RAVICHANDRASEKAR over Cell No:09380240933/Land Line No:044-64598808 for clarification.I called these Nos but till now I could not speak to her.I went directly to the branch at Nelson Manickam Road and asked for my credit report.They gave me a copy of it and I found after the settlement they have collected Rs.1100.00 from me and now they are trying to milk money from my SB account.

My SB a/c No.is 08471050021028,Thiruvanmiyur branch.CHENNAI.They were asking me the copy of the settlement letter. I have submitted the copy of the settlement letter to Mr.SIVAKUMAR and Ms HEMA on 13.04-2010.They said they don't keep any copy of the settlement letter sent to customers and we have to only produce the copy to them for clearing the loans/credit amount.The lady named Hema was so arrogant in talking to me and she was keep on saying me wherever I go nothing will happen unless we ourself surrender necessary papers required by them.
    After a very long chase with them i finally got my salary released on 22-04-2010.Till now i have not received any NOC from them and response from them.During that 20 days I was totally upset and still I am worried that this could happen again for my next month salary.
    I humbly request you to look in to this matter very seriously to avoid our money getting locked unnecessary by this type of banks and make our life miserable.Also I request you to restrict taking the all our money from our accounts(ie) 100% Because we are all dependent on salary only and if they take the full salary how will we survive.Already all the banks are running thro our deposited money,not allowing to withdraw.

Default complaint against antony street thuckalai

thuckalai bus stand is full of crowd expand the bus stand

Thumbs down ATM Card ssue

Dear Sir / Madem,
    I am Sanjeev Sharma Mob. No(+919711524551) user of Oriental Bank Of Commerce, sir this time i am facing too many problem. Problem is that on 26th May 2010 at 9.30PM i did transaction with B-2,3, Sector-16, Noida Axis Bank Branch ATM Machine. But at the last time suddenly light has gone and my ATM Card did not come out. When i told all problem to axis bank employee then he said that i have to arrange new ATM Card, because you have other bank ATM Card and Axis Bank will never return it to you.
    Sir please tell me who is responsible for this it's me that i did transaction with Axis Bank ATM Machine or Axis Bank that they don't have backup plan like UPS.

Vikas Kumar Guest

Default complaint against Axis Bank and Citi Bank regading wrongfully forfeiture of money

The Banking Ombudsman
    Jeevan Bharti Building, Tower No.1,
    7th Floor, 124, Cannought circus
    Delhi-110001

Subject:-Complaint against Axis Bank, Khan Market Branch and Citi Bank for wrongfully debit of Rs. 17000/-

It is submitted that on dated 4/5-4-10 I tried to withdraw 10000 and 70000 rupees from Citi Bank ATM situated at Shop No. 19, CSC No.2, Zone E-13, Patpargunj but due to network problem I did not receive money, In the end of month when I saw my Bank Statement then I came to know that 17,000/- Rs. are wrongfully debited from my account. On 1-5-10 I approached Axis Bank Branch at Khan Market and upto till date I approached them several times but they did not give any satisfactory reply, I am not able to understand what should I do against the bank. I m helpless.

It is, therefore, requested kindly do something in this matter so that I may get the money back

Yours faithfully
    Vikas Kumar
    H. No. E-464, Street No.5
    Hardev Puri, Shahdara, Delhi-93
    Ph. 9811706089
    Email:- chaudharyvikky@rediffmail.com

1. Banking Ombudsman
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 07:47 PM
  2. Credit Card (Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006)
    By Sundeep Aggarwal. in forum Credit Card
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 07:43 PM
  3. Form 10C
    By Unregistered in forum Provident Fund
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 06:34 AM
  4. Complaint on icici banking....
    By GOPINATH.G in forum Banking