Thread: Consumer Court Karnataka

Dr.DILIPSINH.B.JADEJA is offline Junior Member

Default Complain against bims bangalore for not refunding fees

Complainant:
    Dr.Dilipsinh Bhupatsinh Jadeja
    E1/1 Staff Quarter, Navsari Agricultural University, near Eru Char Rasta, Post beru A.C., Navsari-396 450, Gujarat.

Opponents
    1. Mr.M.B.Shivakumar, Chairman, BIMS,(Bangalore Institute of Management Studies)
    2. Mr.M.S.Shiva Pramod, Secretary, BIMS,(Bangalore Institute of Management Studies)
    3. Dr.Radha.S. Director, BIMS,(Bangalore Institute of Management Studies)

#no.35, Opp.R.V. College of Engineering
    Mysore Road
    Bangalore-560 059.

With due respect I have to bring the following grievances against the opponents to your kind notice .

My daughter Radika Jadeja was an aspirant to pursue her MBA after completing her B.Sc.(Horticulture). In response to her application No OLIA 12 , she was given provisional admission to MBA programin 2010-12 batch in BIMS Bangalore.

As advised by BIMS, an admission fees of Rs50,000/-(Rupees fifty thousand only) was paid by me by SBI DD No.312710 dt. 5/03/2010 for Rs 50900/-( Rupees fifty thousand nine hundred only) which include Rs.900/-(Rupees nine hundred only)as charges for the Application Form.

As advised by BIMS authorities, my wife Neeta D Jadeja, had been to BIMS Bangalore and deposited a SBI DD No. 313678 dt 16/04/2010 for Rs.2.63,000/-(Two lakhs sixtythree thousand only) to BIMS on 20th April,2010.

Since my daughter Radhika changed her mind and decided to pursue her M.Sc.(Horticulture) at the last moment after my wife deposited the fees at BIMS on 20th April, 2010, my wife gave a written intimation to BIMS about this and requested for refund of fees on 21st April, 2010.

Immediately after my wife came back from Bangalore, I intimated Dr.Radha S,Director,BIMS as well as Mr.M.S.Shiva Pramod, Secretary BIMS, regarding withdrawal of admission of my daughter Radhika from BIMS as per my letter dated 25th April, 2010 and requested for the refund of Rs.3,13,000/-(Three lakh thirteen thousand)(i.e. excluding the amount of Rs. 900/-paid for the Application) by a registered post which was duly received at BIMS on 29th April, 2010.

There after time and again I have been sending reminders to the authorities of BIMS but without any result. The Institute has even stopped attending to my phone calls.

The amount paid by me includes registration fee (Rs. 50,000/-) and first semester fees + laptop charges + uniform charges + charges for foreign trip (none of these was availed by my daughter because of withdrawing the registration). Since my daughter’s admission was withdrawn prior to her joining the institute and hence these charges are naturally refundable to me.

Since my daughter has not availed any of the services being provided by BIMS and I had timely intimated the authorities of BIMS regarding the withdrawal of admission of my daughter, the authorities of this institute are required to refund my hard earned money which the institute is not doing with a malafied intention. An educational Institute being indulged in such activities has resulted into a mental trauma to me and my three family members.

Since all these sixteen months period I had tried to pursue my plea to the authorities of BIMS which has failed, I am approaching honourable court to kindly look into the facts and give me justice.

I plea to the Honourable Court to direct the authorities of BIMS, Bangalore to refund the amount of Rs.3,13,000/-(Rupees Three lakhs thirteen thousand only) paid by me as fees.

I plea to the Honourable Court to direct the authorities of BIMS, Bangalore to pay the interest on the amount which is due to be paid to me and has been illegally retained by them for the time period Honourable Court may deem fit.

Since myself and three other members of my family has been facing a mental trauma because of indifferent, and malafied behavior of the authorities of BIMS Bangalore, it is my plea to the honourable Court to direct the authorities of BIMS, Bangalore to pay a sum of Rs.20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand) to each member of my family as a compensation.

YOURS FAITHFULLY
    Dr. DILIPSINH B.JADEJA

Unhappy Fullerton India Bank Personal Loan

This is Noor. I had applied for Personal Loan with Fullerton India Bank. I had applied for loan on 26th August 2011. They collected all my documents. I used to call the Bank representative on Daily basis to check the status of the loan. And everyday He used to tell me that it is in Process and it will be sanctioned within two days. After one and a half month, The bank is telling that Loan cant be sanctioned because of CIBIL issue. Any standard bank would first check the CIBIL score before processing. Why didnt the bank do that?. It was a torture for me to call the representative everyday to check the status. Depending on his words, I had done some commitments.

Till now I have not got back my Documents. I am worried if my documents are been leaked out to some terrorist group who create false identities.

I have all the records which tells regarding my everyday call to the representative, The bank people had called me to the personal discussion, verification etc.

PLease help me in filling a strong case against the Bank.

My contact number is 9945213240. My mail Id is noorbhangi@gmail.com.

Noor

AnuVijay Guest

Default Refund from property builder

We booked two flats with Purvankara sky woods by paying initial booking amount of 1 lakh for each flat plus stamp paper duty and legal charges to draft agreements which was a total of approx. 2.5 lakhs for both flats. Within a week they sent us agreement for sale and construction. After having read the agreement we drafted out objections/clarifications for both the agreements which were about 72 points discussing the one-sided terms and conditions in the agreement. Our document of clarifications contained inclusion of penalty clauses in case the project gets delayed, no acceptances from our end to allow the builder to sells rights of building or extending the said and declared project plan along with flat layout, asking for allotment of parking area along with flat booking and many others. The clarification document went to and fro for a month and still there were a few points pending from their end. Their sales representative was informed by us that we do no wish to continue but he made us talk to the customer relationship head and other members insisting that we sign the agreement which we did not since the points still were not very clear. Now due to some medical emergencies we could not focus on this case for a fortnight then we receive an email from them saying the booking amount will be forfeited if we do not pay up the money as per their payment schedule. We were advised by their sales person that we should go ahead and sign the papers and pay up and he will get the place sold at higher rates such that the interest incurred in paying schedule payments by us can be recovered. So to save on 2 lakh from getting forfeited we decided to sign up, now they are charging us 2 lakh interest for not paying up the money . My argument with them is still clarifications are not complete then were is the story of charging us interest for 55 days. In our clarifications, this has been an instrumental point that due to some genuine reasons if the buyer is not able to make the payment then he should not be charged with unnecessary interest penalty. We recused to a pay up the interest so they say the money of 2.5lakhs is forfeited. How do I get my money back. Please advise.

bipulr is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2011

Default IDEA Cellular harassing me after giving me wrong plan

I took IDEA post paid connection some time in march 2011. I applied for the connection it was idea high value plan where changes was less. But when I got the connection I got idea economy plan where charges are high.

I called idea customer care to raise a complain that you have given me wrong plan, so give me the right plan and recalculate my bills according to idea high value plan. They did not do any thing and kept charging me according to higher rate idea economy plan for 3-4 month.

I kept calling idea and sending mail to idea to resolve my complain to change my bill plan and recalculate my all bills according to idea high value plan. And in mail Idea agreed to resolve my complain and recalculate all my older bills according to idea high value plan. But they did not do it and I called them and mailed them also that I am not going to pay my bills unless you resolve my complain.

They did not resolve my complain and even they did not update me on my complain. One day they barred my outgoing and deactivated the connection. I mailed them that I dont need your connection and you can deactivate it, but if you want me to pay older bills, then you have to recalculate my all bills according to idea high value plan.

Then did not do it, and later they kept calling me to pay the outstanding bills. And every time I said that you resolve my complain and recalculate all my bills according to idea high value plan, I will pay the bill. They always agreed over the phone that they will resolve the complain and send the recalculated bill. But they never did it and kept calling me to pay the bill. One day someone from idea came to my home also to collect the bill, I told him the same thing and he also agreed that they will resolve the complain and send the recalculated bill. But they did not do it.

And now IDEA has sent me lawyer notice to pay outstanding bill. I am now feeling harassed by IDEA and want to sue them.

I want to file a consumer court against IDEA seeking proper compensation for harassing me like this.

Saravana Krishnan Guest

Default Toshiba LED - Replacement

I have bought Toshiba Power LED TV 32 Inch for a whopping amount of RS. 32 K.
    Just after one week, it stopped working.
    After several calls, service engineer came and said it has to be replaced and assured that it will be done in a week.
    One week gone, I called again. I was asked to speak to Manager.
    I spoke to him and he said one more week since there is no stock.
    Waited for one week and called up again. Another week was asked for.
    Then I was asked to speak to his manager.
    Same story for one more month.
    Then I was asked to speak to another warehouse manager.
    One more month. several calls.
    Me TV is NOT YET REPLACED.
    3 Months of torture, mental agony.. almost 100 calls.
    No replacement yet. And horrible thing is.. they dont even answer my calls.
    My only resort now is a case in consumer court and am serious about it.

ideacellular is offline Senior Member
    Nov 2010

Default Reply to your complaint

Quote Originally Posted by bipulr View Post

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, mobile no., and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC117594 in the subject.

Idea Cellular

Default Air india e-ticket

I BOOKED A E-TICKET FROM ASHOK TRAVELS AND TOURS AGENTS ON 22 OCT 2011 FOR A ROUND TRIP FROM BANGALORE TO VARANASI VIA DELHI. WHILE RETURNING ON 2O NOV, WHEN I REACHED DELHI TO CATCH FLIGHT FOR BANGALORE I WAS TOLD THAT THIS TICKET HAS ALREADY BEEN USED ON 6NOV. I TRIED TO CONTACT AGENT WITH NO REPLY. FINALLY AFTER ALL ATTEMPTS TO CONVINCE AIR INDIA COUNTER SUPERVISOR, HE SUGGESTED ME TO BUY NEW TICKET. SO I HAD TO STAY A DAY IN HOTEL IN DELHI. TODAY I HAVE BOOKED ANOTHER TICKET AND I AM RETURNING BANGALORE. DUE TO THIS I COULD NOT REACH MY OFFICE ON MONDAY. THIS WAS A LTC TICKET. NOW I COULDN'T CLAIM TICKET MONEY ALSO. SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I DO.
    ISSUING AIRLINE: NACIL AIR INDIA
    TICKET NUMBER: ETKT 098 3571806424
    BOOKING REF: AIRLINE: AI/HYM3P
    PASSENGER NAME: AMIT KUMAR SINGH
    MO NO. 07676392027
    EMAIL: amit.rishu@gmail.com

Farooq ahmed Guest

Angry Simply deduction of currency by tatadocomo service

i fed of these tings of deduction of money withought any activation..... please help me in this

Default Not Allowing to Port from one network to Another

I have sent message to Port from Vodafone , but customer care executive called me and offered corporate plan and I was convinced with tariff , So I said let me continue if Billing is correct and New tariff is updated for me , Now its been two Months Tariff is not updated to corporate plan , I am paying more other providers are offering me better tariff , Now I mailed Vodafone about update of my tariff , they say plan doesn't apply for me , if so why they have retained me and bad thing is I got huge bill again and I need to pay more , now they are delaying process of me porting to other networks

vodafoneindia is offline Banned
    Dec 2009

Hello Sir/Madam,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please share your number with us here Vodafone India - Complaints - Requests - Enquires We're keen to resolve the matter at the earliest.

Vodafone Customer Care

Default Has anyone filed complaint for flat delivered late

I am considering filing a complaint against my apartment builder for delaying possession by over 6 months (even after accounting for the grace period in the agreement) and not paying any rental compensation, which was part of the agreement. Has anyone filed a similar complaint in Bangalore? Can you advise me about the process and what to watch out for? Do I need a lawyer? Is the process effective? How much time does it take? Will have to attend court hearings repeatedly?

Vinay K Guest

Default Harassed by Reliance Living, Bangalore

I've booked my kitchen and wardrobe from Reliance on 17th Sept 2011, and till now they have tortured me a lot. After lot of meetings, follow ups they have some how completed the work after failing several of their commitments and promises, but work is not 100% done and also with lot of problems and bad quality. I have sent the below mail to the manager whom i interacted with, he had given me a written confirmation about the completion on 8th Dec with 100% satisfaction and quality, but he didn't fulfill it.

----
    Hi Andrew,

This email is to inform you that, based upon our meeting happened on 28th Nov 2011, wherein you have requested to have 10 days extra to complete the full job with quality and 100% satisfaction, which you have confirmed in your below mail. The work has as usual not completed on the committed date i.e. 8th of Dec 2011, though it was finished on 9th Dec.
    And today, i.e. 10th Dec morning, we went to see the work done, it was a great disappointment that even after taking another 10 days, which makes total of 84 days since we booked (booking date: 17th Sep 2011) and 42 days since the material delivered (29th Oct 2011). And after your repeated previous commitments to complete the job with quality and on time, the work is poorly done and not upto the mark, though after making the full payment of 3,60,166 Lakhs.

Commitments for completion of work you and your team (Prashanth) have made:
    1. End of October
    2. 1st week of Nov
    3. then every coming weeks
    4. 19th Nov we had meeting at your richmond office location, where you promised to complete the work on 24th Nov without fail
    5. again we had meeting on 28th Nov, where you have committed 8th Dec, and have given written confirmation.

we have already explained you and your team before that based upon your confirmation we planned to shift from our rented flat to this house. Because of this pending work, other work (painting, plumbing, cleaning) we had to stop and wait until you complete all the work. This was clearly told to you and your team, even though you people have always false promised and tortured us with your unwillingness to complete the work. We had to pay 2 month extra rent, i had to wait for your carpenters/site engineer everytime more than half a day, several times i had to just wait the whole day and no one turned up. Your designer (Prashanth) with whom we interacted since beginning and was the only one person we knew that time, didn't take our call from 3rd Nov to 6th Nov, until i called him up using my wife's mobile. Due to this I had to suffer a lot, you and your team have harassed and tortured me upto the maximum.

Meanwhile I sent him sms several times to call me back and tell me about measurements of granite etc, but he never cared to reply. Then your carpenter (Rahul) gave me the measurement (which is standard) and I have placed the order for granite, which later i came to know from your site engineer (RajKumar), that its not possible with those measurements, due to the tall unit near the cabinets. Many times you/your people have re-ordered the things, which your production sent with wrong measurements, or because of wrong measurements done initially, or due to lack of quality checks. They deliver things, in which some were either missing or some are of wrong measurements.

There is lot more which we have already explained to you verbally.
    We've lost our peace of mind, we had to bear lot of personal loses, wasted our time and money. This is in short, the real torture was even more.
    Your person (Prashanth) have misguided me initially saying wardrobe cost would be approx 900/sq ft and loft 500/sq ft, and have given me quotation much higher (1200rs+) and on top of that shown me 25% discounts. The approx doesn't mean +300/- difference. It can go plus/minus 100/-. The wardrobe is the simple normal one, wherein your'e not using any of the high-tech accessories.

I was informed by Anand on 9th Dec, over the phone that everything has been done and there should be no problem. Which was again false and he has given me wrong information and tried to convince me saying everything is done. Attached are some of the pictures (some i have shown you already during our meeting), which shows your poor quality of work, which has been done in such a long span of time.

Details of picture attachments-
    10122011169: broken latch inside the wardrobe door shutter
    10122011170: hole done on the warrobe top shutter for the latch inside the wardrobe door
    10122011172: screw fitted inside the drawers, removing the lamination
    10122011173: the top shelf shutter touches the oven while opening and closing, because of misalignment of the shutter
    10122011174: shows how good they (cabinets) are aligned
    10122011175: kitchen drawer, screw for the handle is out and loose, making handle unstable
    10122011176: shoe rack shutters, can't get closed as one hits another shutter
    10122011177: shoe rack, hanging shutter, they just closed the shutters to show its done.
    10122011178: only one hole for the screw, that too not fixed
    10122011179: mdf carcass and only one screw done, screw fixed directly inside the carcass, your engineering didn't apply here. shutter corner, horrible edge binding.
    10122011181: skirting of half an inch gap
    10122011182: skirting with different height
    10122011183: nice cleaning done inside the drawers
    10122011184: better cleaning done
    10122011185: hole for the hob, peeling off the lamination, perhaps no tools are available with your carpenters and engineers.
    10122011186: no wall paneling done here, everyone (including you) have confirmed its done.
    10122011187: gaps between the wall and cabinet
    10122011188: your people destroyed the electric plug point in kitchen
    10122011189: gap between the cabinets and wall, top view, It was decided to put a filler to fill the gap, obviously if there is gap dust, insects house inside
    10122011191: your skirting done in kitchen. A kid perhaps can do better.
    10122011192: shoe rack, filler with white strips in between.
    10122011194: still the same cutlery with mud inside, which we didn't select, asked for PVC one
    10122011195: no hanger rod in the L-shape wardrobe

I hope this shows you your quality of work, which you always given as an excuse of your delay since the very beginning.
    you and your team have harassed and tortured us, misguided us, due to which we had to suffer personal and financial loss.

Vinay
    ---
    Dear Vinay,

We will complete the entire work as committed before the 8th of December to your best satisfaction and we will adhere to this... Rajkumar will be reporting to your site today as we are in the office ordering out the requirements for your site...

Andrew Suresh

-----Original Message-----
    From: Vinay agrawal
    Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:20 PM
    To: Andrew Suresh
    Subject: Revised Completion date of woodwork as 8th of Dec : Confirmation

Hi Andrew,

Can you please acknowledge this mail as discussed yesterday that the
    revised completion date is now set as 8th of Dec 2011 for the woodwork
    (kitchen + 3 wardrobes + 1 shoerack) job taken by Relaince living, at
    our house@Horamavu (site 99) with full satisfaction. This date will be
    honoured by you and your team of Reliance living, at any cost and
    there will be no further delay in the completion of the job taken
    (ref. booking date 17th Septembet 2011). Failing to which again, we
    (customer) has asked to refund the money. This is agreed mutually.

Vinay

attuqazi is offline Junior Member

Post complaint

sir swami bakers have misbehaved with me please be enquired.

sendtosushant@gmail.com is offline Junior Member

Default My employer is not paying my salary

My previous employer is not paying my last month salary. And they are not giving me my service and experience letter. Please suggest me what to do.

seshvasu56 is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2012

Ref: Smart Card No : 41313914909

I took a connection DTH - HD service from Sun Direct TV (P) Ltd., through their channel partner Trade Horizon (P) Ltd, 25Murugan Mansion, 2nd Main Road, Sudhamnnagar, Bangalore -560027 on 25/02/2011. I paid the amount for the connection b cheque. I have been recharging the account regularly. but with lot of problems. Six months back after discussing with Mr.Kiran , Their Branch Manager and ofther officals, I renwed Indi Pack for six months for Rs.1500/ and 4 additional Add on packs ie Mega English Movies channel Pack for Rs.80/-per month, sports Channel pack for Rs.60/ per month, news channel (times Now , CNN and Headlines Today) for Rs.15/ per month, ETV Kannada and Zee Kannada for Rs. 18/ per month. Thereby the total for all the four add on packs comes Rs.173/ per month.

I paid Rs.2620/ by way cheque on ICICI Bank six months back to cover Rs.1500/ for indi pack for sic months, Rs.1056/(Rs.176x6) for add on packs for six months . And also leaving an excess amount of Rs.47/-.

both the packs were supposed to end on 24/04/2012 together.

However right from the beginning they used to disconnect the service of add on packs without informing me and without giving any reason or logic to me even though I had paid six months advance charges for all the packs. Hence every month I had to call them and try make understand that the action being taken by them is wrong.

Now the same thing has happened again. Even after my repeated request they are not ready to understand and solve the issue. I have called thier customer service no(080-39408585) and spoken Ms.Nima, Ms.Durga and their floor manager Mr.Issac. First of all they are not ready to understand the problem and keep on arguing that my balance is low. But they are unable to answer to what happened to the advance amount t paid to them to cover all the required channels for six months.

they have even refused to accept my complaint and give a complaint number, so that they can later refuse that they have received any of my complaint .

I have contacted MR.Kiran and explained hism the problem. He assured to resolve the isssue 3 days back. But have not bothered to address the problem nor receiving my calls.

I therefore request you help me resolve the issue.

Seshadri T S